Looking for visual artists/designers: Video and Graphic

General Chat // Music Discussion
Alume
Confetti
Looking for visual artists/designers: Video and Graphic

Post by Alume »

Yo All,

As we all know there is a lot of talent lurking on Subsekt and as the title says I'm looking for new recruits to man some fields of the Nyame realm. Since the first release a lot has happened, looking back I guess NYA001 was a sort of test to check out if their was any demand of it entering the lives of others. We've had good feedback and decent sales, though the most important thing is that we've learnt a lot.

I've been over a lot of ideas, how to pursue the ideology of the imprint, what the ideology is and so on and so forth. Recently, two close friends of mine came to help and lighten the load of ideas vs actual result. One of them has finished the music for NYA002 and its going to be an absolute killer imo, debuting his name/sound as well. The other is also debuting with an album on tape. Both releases fit our vibe perfectly and will be a welcome addition to the label.

However, we have some shortcomings, if we want to truly output the quality and listening experience that we have in mind, we need to broaden our circle and reach out to others. First of all I do all the artwork myself. Although I'm quite capable with Photoshop I lack the skills in Illustrator to translate my drawings into a digital format, sure I can but its lack that professional touch that we want to emit to our listeners

So for that we are looking for:
- Someone who knows his/her way in the graphic illustration field, one who knows how to translate images efficiently without spending hour and hours like I do haha. We are looking for someone who could potentially be a constant force throughout the label's existence, who feels involved and can empathize with our cause and add his/her own touch if it clicks.

Besides that, I'd like to start a series of video's on YouTube. Our releases are supposed to tell a story that resonates throughout everything we do. With that we'd like to single out a track of each release with matching video content.

So for that we are looking for:
- Someone who knows his/her way in the visual fields, one who knows how to make cool music vids that can underline and capture the message of a track. Again, we are looking for someone who could potentially be a constant force throughout the label's existence, who feels involved and can empathize with our cause and add his/her own touch if it clicks.

Atm, we only have a facebook, bandcamp and a souncloud page. We are working on a new website that will be our main hub of information. We want to rule out facebook as we believe its more of a weakness than a strength in our case. All the information internet travelers need will be available on our website. Obviously we kind of need to keep soundcloud and bandcamp for streaming purposes. Though personally I'd like to see the SC page go in the future as well, every media that pollutes our music with prominent likes and followers is one that we could do without.

We've got lots and lots of ideas and concepts ready but I'd like to leave at this:)

Feel free to contact me and have a chat or whatever, you can also reply in this tread ofcourse. Though for specifics its best to email to: contact@nyamerecords.nl

Some background links containing the initial vibe and music of the label.
https://nyamerecords.bandcamp.com/releases
https://soundcloud.com/nyamerecords

winston
unsure
Re: Looking for visual artists/designers: Video and Graphic

Post by winston »

What are you willing to pay? Exposure and pieces for ones portfolio?
;)

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Obviously agreements about fees will be made.

With all due respect however, the sense of art/craftmanship in our product is our utmost priority.

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

i was really just being facetious.
there's lots of times when non-creative people want creative people but don't value or understand what is involved.
i know from your other posts that you're not one of these people.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Thats a new word for me, thanks!

All good mate, thanks for recognizing.