Other music you done

General Chat // Music Discussion
Aurongroove
pregnant
Other music you done

Post by Aurongroove »

A thread to share other music-y things your involved in?

Anyways, I've been absent from flapping my gums from the members tracks forum these pasts weeks (except that one night I got some time to myself, and did a few) and the reason is, the 'shit-of-hard-work' has hit the 'fan of busy-ness' with a band I'm in, and we released a video just there and we're balls deep getting an album printed.

Anyways, techno people, here's one of my other music lives.

Feel free to use this thread as an excuse to share any of yours

youtu.be/p26Vb5OyCVY

(I'm the fat one, next to the chair)
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Other music you done

Post by Hades »

man, what a fat guy next to that chair !
someone should kick that cunt ! ;)

what did you do in this track ?
did you sing or did you play some instrument or both ?
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

wow, you sound zany as fuck. kickstarting music is for shit. it reeks of non-belief and desperation. make your music and either cover the expense yourself or find someone to cover the expense in exchange for a %. don't beg for pennies and then pretend you're giving out some worthwhile product as if a digital download is some precious commodity. 40euros for a vinyl. bolt mate.
seems ireland has just as many pretentious wanks as scotland does.
a self-described "band of lunacy-loving mates". modern-talk for cunts.

wasted my time watching that video to be honest. was some late-90's Gay Dad-tier art school pish.
how gracious of you.

parents
Opposite

Post by parents »

Old one and something i really like

http://www.liquidseed.net/releases/lsd0 ... ash-autumn

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

winston wrote:wow, you sound zany as fuck. kickstarting music is for shit. it reeks of non-belief and desperation. make your music and either cover the expense yourself or find someone to cover the expense in exchange for a %. don't beg for pennies and then pretend you're giving out some worthwhile product as if a digital download is some precious commodity. 40euros for a vinyl. bolt mate.

wasted my time watching that video to be honest. was some late-90's Gay Dad-tier art school pish.
how gracious of you.
Haha, fuckin` hell.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Winston... Sounds like you over-indulged last night and your usual cutting/ abrasive self has been told to fuck off by Saturday morning Winston.

Savage....

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I've been thinking about your response Winston.

Why in the name of fuck would you choose to be such a cunt? Unless you actually properly enjoy being an arsehole.

There are plenty of ways of saying what you mean, but you chose the harshest way possible. I can only imagine you are an utter charmer in person.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Begbie would be proud :D
See yoo, yoo cun!

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

winston wrote:wow, you sound zany as fuck. kickstarting music is for shit. it reeks of non-belief and desperation. make your music and either cover the expense yourself or find someone to cover the expense in exchange for a %. don't beg for pennies and then pretend you're giving out some worthwhile product as if a digital download is some precious commodity. 40euros for a vinyl. bolt mate.

how gracious of you.
Excellent. Have an internet point.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

how gracious of you.
wtf? Mom cancelled your WoW subscription?

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I produce synthwave, which if you don't know is retro futuristic, synth heavy dance music. My stuff is on the synth pop side of the genre (other stuff can be pretty dark). I've released two EPs, which are about to be released by a UK label as a limited edition cassette.

Bandcamp (in case anyone is interested):

https://thegmusic.bandcamp.com

Videos:

youtu.be/ggtQEBaZW8U

youtu.be/pOpDbNCCh9k

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote: I've released two EPs, which are about to be released by a UK label as a limited edition cassette.
do you mind if I ask if that was your own suggestion to release it as a limited edition cassette or the labels ?

I mean, I honestly don't get this cassette thing.
I grew up with cassettes (and I think you are old enough as well if I remember correctly).
I made countless mix tapes for friends and girlfriends.
Cassettes suck. The quality degrades quite fast, they're clumsy, and you can't even skip forward or backwards to the next song directly.
They are by far the dumbest data carrier we've had in the last 30+ years or so,
and most importantly : who the hell still has a cassette player ?
(I could get one easily enough but I refuse to do so)
I see quite a bit of ambient being released on cassette, and now some of the techno is starting to go that way as well, and I personally think it's nothing but arty farty show for the hipster crowd.
I fail to see anything a cassette can contribute to the listeners experience.

Not having a go at your music in any way (already heard some of your synth stuff before),
I just don't get the cassette thing. :)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Hades wrote:
The_G wrote: I've released two EPs, which are about to be released by a UK label as a limited edition cassette.
do you mind if I ask if that was your own suggestion to release it as a limited edition cassette or the labels ?

I grew up with cassettes (and I think you are old enough as well if I remember correctly).
Cassettes suck. The quality degrades quite fast, they're clumsy, and you can't even skip forward or backwards to the next song directly.
I see quite a bit of ambient being released on cassette, and now some of the techno is starting to go that way as well, and I personally think it's nothing but arty farty show for the hipster crowd.

Not having a go at your music in any way (already heard some of your synth stuff before),
There's something nice about the fact that it degrades, that it is perishable.
A lot of my favourite mixes were on cassette and I kinda liked the character of tape where the tone would get all fucked up at parts, like a badly timed filter, or the volume would flutter or drop in one channel where the tape got chewed up at some point. Maybe it's just nostalgia on my part. Can't say I ever really consider it as a final recording medium now and def wouldn't buy a cassette ..

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

When not making Techno, I seek challenges in making soundtracks for realtime demoscene stuff. Often using Trackers or rather limited synths made for this purpose.

youtu.be/wqu_IpkOYBg

youtu.be/5lbAMLrl3xI

youtu.be/_LHpaGSb3JQ

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Hades wrote:

The label's.

Basically two things two understand about the cassette revival: (1) it's retro and (2) it's a collector's item for people (nerds) who like to collect things.

It's not deeper than that. Synthwave is basically all about venerating dead technology: DX7s, Junos, VCRs, cassettes, etc. So it makes a lot of sense within the scene. It doesn't really make sense in, say, techno--where you are trying to actually be futuristic, rather than explore the futurism of another era.

Plus there's a kind of comforting feeling when you hear familiar sounds that you never hear anymore. So for old timers like me, it's kind of cool in that way. Plus the label sells these things like hotcakes, and they look really nice, so there's that too :)

But basically it's a niche thing that's hot within a niche scene, and a few other niche scenes (like lo-fi).

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

intrusav wrote:
Hades wrote:

There's something nice about the fact that it degrades, that it is perishable.
A lot of my favourite mixes were on cassette and I kinda liked the character of tape where the tone would get all fucked up at parts, like a badly timed filter, or the volume would flutter or drop in one channel where the tape got chewed up at some point. Maybe it's just nostalgia on my part. Can't say I ever really consider it as a final recording medium now and def wouldn't buy a cassette ..
Yeah cassettes sound nice when pushed just enough, and the degredation is pleasing with the right type of music. It's also kinda hip.

A label approached me this year to do a cassette release and I found the whole prospect inspiring really. I created an album specifically for the format, it was fun designing a journey of 25 minutes for each side, mixing and mastering the sound specifically for the format. The music should take to breaking up nicely too.
I was thinking of running a copy purposefully in to degredation and then remastering it from that version and getting the label to do it as a digi bonus down the line.
I'm probably more excited about that than the vinyl I have coming out.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I have a brazilian trip-hop and dub side project, its been a bit inactive the last years but I have another album ready just need to finalise it. This was my last one from 2011

full album here: https://urbanresponse.bandcamp.com
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Lost to the Void wrote: I was thinking of running a copy purposefully in to degredation and then remastering it from that version and getting the label to do it as a digi bonus down the line.
There's a few synthwave artists who do that. Or to VHS :P

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

TimBuys wrote: wtf? Mom cancelled your WoW subscription?
:lol: One internet for you Tim :lol:

Big hugs to Winston, you are clearly in need of them xoxo

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

Hades wrote:

Aside from the points above, cassettes are also ridiculously cheap to produce. The format definitely compliments some types of music.