NYC for Techno

General Chat // Music Discussion
calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard
NYC for Techno

Post by calum666 »

Hey everyone, I am out working in the states until May, currently in Virginia. I have some time off work coming up so me and a friend have decided to take a road trip to New York 24th - 27th of this month. I would really like to a Techno club while I am there. Just looking for recommendations from people who have been clubbing in NYC. Don't know if this will be difficult with it not being the weekend when I go, but any help would be appreciated.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: NYC for Techno

Post by jordanneke »

Dude, the last time I was out in NYC was in 2000 at the Tunnel. So, yet again, my advice is utterly out of date and useless.

:( :D

calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by calum666 »

I've had a look on RA and found Anti-Social Tuesdays Monthly All Vinyl Night w Resident Audio Kode & Guests

The club has pretty good ratings, so I think I will go to this.
Cheked out some tracks by the artists on the line up. It should be a decent night.

Line-up /
Audio KoDe (De-Noize Records/Anti-Social) Monthly All Vinyl Resident,
Agent Orange (Toolroom Records/Bitten Records),
Becka (Gotham Grooves/Different is Different Records),

https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?955796

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I'm told Output in Brooklyn is the best spot.

It's not exclusively techno, but they bring in a lot of techno.

Link: http://outputclub.com

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

When I used to go out in NYC, I enjoyed blk market's parties. They were more tech-house than techno though. I have a friend who plays down there all the time & I think the scene is thriving though, maybe in a more artsy way than just tough tracks on a big system.

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

NYer here. Place is thriving with Techno. For clubs there's Output, Schimanski, Goodroom, TBA. From the top of my head BlKMarket and resolute throw some good events, can definitely catch some afterhours too while you're here. I think Adam Sellout is doing an open to close at output and Pan pot is doing a boat party on the same day too on the 25th. Check RA as well there's probably some warehouse shit going on all the time as always. Pick your poison, the locals are cool and helpful here :D

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

I've always wanted to go to one of The Bunker NYC parties myself. Donato Dozzy coming up in the next month I believe. May be kind of tough trying to go up there Memorial Day weekend when a lot promoters are probably in Detroit for Movement.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Maybe check if Bank NCY are doing anything. I love their output.

MattAltmanMusic
Face Hugger

Post by MattAltmanMusic »

I would say Output for the best Soundsystem. It's a shame you won't be here another week... The guys over at EXILE Brooklyn are putting on their monthly party next Tuesday at Bossa Nova Civic Club.