It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Subsekt summer meeting 2017
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:11 pm 
Alto Trek

mainst09 wrote:
Still trying to understand if you thought that i was being serious?

from one kind of brotha to another semi brotha :
of course I thought you were serious, you god damn nigger cunt ! ;)
was already thinking like "what the fuck ??? is that nigga serious or what ???"

I'm not sure if this is the topic where I posted this lovely humor about races/prejudices/whatever stupid shit people like to believe, but anyway, here we go again,
best joke is at around 3:09 :

;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:42 pm 
Alto Trek

Alume wrote:
Even if you dont judge a man by colour of his skin, I believe its disrespectful to use that word given our history.

But that is just me and my personal common sense. I dont want to get into an argument or preach what I believe to be right or wrong.

On this matter though, I simply felt like it had to parade my opinion on the matter for once.

rant deleted.
it's just stupid to be a vinegar spouting fucker.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 pm 
hmmmmmm...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:14 pm 
Alto Trek

also, I find it massively ironic that you chose an image of a guy that was originally black,
but who did everything in his power to become white.

I know it's most likely just the first image you found,
but yeah, talk about irony... :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm 
Inactive

hahaha man i just want to say that i was joking. i'm a half nigger and don't have any problem with white people using that term, unless they are using it to "bully" someone!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm 
Learned Helplessness

Jesus fuck, I leave you for a few weeks and look what happens.

winston wrote:
their common goal seems to be to live in some bdsm-unicorn utopia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:52 pm 
Learned Helplessness

Voidy, all your ideas sound great. I am well down with Inigo as well :D More than well down.

It is a shame about the September date, that would have been really great.

winston wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 pm 
Gnasher

Hades wrote:
Amon Derrich wrote:
Me in october 2017 :mrgreen:

which one of those niggers are you ? 8-) :lol:

Not funny at all, or the post with the pic. It's one of the things that we will look back on in ten/twenty years time and feel immensely shameful of and question how we could let it happen, like something that happened around 1945...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:09 am 
Alto Trek

intrusav wrote:
Not funny at all, or the post with the pic. It's one of the things that we will look back on in ten/twenty years time and feel immensely shameful of and question how we could let it happen, like something that happened around 1945...

we should better ask ourselves why the hell it took so long before people started coming over this way.
There isn't an easy answer for it,
but I like holocaust jokes just as well.
Like I said, as soon as you make something taboo, there's something wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:12 am 
Pig

Well it is funny to me considering a lot of my fellow countrymen dream of crossing the gibraltar straights in one of those rubber boats seeking glory, money, fame and blonde women in the holy lands of europe, so I might try out my luck attending the meeting on the same mean of transport :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:57 am 
Pea Dough

Hades wrote:
Alume wrote:
Even if you dont judge a man by colour of his skin, I believe its disrespectful to use that word given our history.

But that is just me and my personal common sense. I dont want to get into an argument or preach what I believe to be right or wrong.

On this matter though, I simply felt like it had to parade my opinion on the matter for once.

rant deleted.

No worries, all good.

After reading, I figured I'd comment the next morning anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:04 am 
Alto Trek

intrusav wrote:

I've been thinking a bit more about this one.
What bothers me about the holocaust, for example, is that our history books refuse to say that these were sponsored by the rich elite of our planet, just like the nazi's got money and weapons from that same elite for years.
Nothing makes the rich richer than war.
The concentration camps, not talking about the vernichtnungslagers now, were basically modern slave factories,
and they can trace some of that money back to even the British royal family, and the grandfather of Bush Jr,
amongst other wealthy families.
None of the concentration camps were ever bombed during the war, that's not a coincidence.
But now we like to blame the Germans for everything and forget how we basically got fucked over by the rich.

My country's biggest export product is weapons, which mostly arrive in the hands of IS through Saudi Arabia.
Then they send some F16's to go and help fight IS. It's as hypocrite as it can be.
Even during the Vietnam War there was proof found that they kept the war going on far longer than needed.
It's all about the money, time and time again.
Even with the war refugees, there was a point (at the start of all this) where the Greek shipping companies actually received funds to transport refugees from the islands to the main country. They only got fucked when the other countries finally closed their borders.
So we got the rich to blame for the war refugees.

The economic refugees however...
Like I said above : I wonder why this has never been done on such a large scale before.
Of course, things are total shit there and it all seems eternally better here.
To them, we are the rich. But I believe we're all just puppets from the truly rich, the puppet masters who control everything, and there's nothing like war and destabilized governments and debt to keep us all "under control".
All we can do here is consider ourselves lucky because we are the puppets that are usually better off.

Now why should we be discussing what can be considered funny and what not ?
It's totally trivial shit compared to where the real problems are.
If I call Amon a nigger and he's not offended, then we're fine.
If he posts a pic of refugees (which is actually a joke I mentioned earlier, so blame my sick mind for that if you like),
I find that funny taken from his point of view and location.
I was actually shocked for a moment because I thought Pedro was serious when he said I couldn't use the word nigger. Why ? Because for a moment there I thought I had personally offended him.
If you offend people with humor, you can always apologize and be done with it.
If people aren't over-sensitive and far too easily offended (like the islam nowadays), then you can usually tell when you crossed a line.
But god damn it, we should stop feeling guilty about what our ancestors did and move the fuck on and try to make the best out of what's still left on our planet. We should learn as much as we can from history, and by that I mean way more than from what we get spoonfed through our normal history books, but we can't let it control our opinions or even limit our sense of humor forever.

I'll stop rambling now. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:23 am 
Alto Trek

Alume wrote:
Hades wrote:
Alume wrote:

rant deleted.

No worries, all good.

After reading, I figured I'd comment the next morning anyways.

thx man, PM sent btw.
I figured halfway through the night "hmm, not necessary, not worth it either, didn't make a lot of sense,..."
so I went back and deleted it.
It was too much of my cynical self. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:57 pm 
Snauth

I think the thing is, as a white man, you don't get to decide if the word is offensive or not.
This is the key issue.
I used to use gay as a term for crappy, even though it was never intended to be offensive, once it was pointed out to me by a gay friend what comes with that word, and how they suffered in their life and the weight that word had, I couldn't justify using it any more, regardless.

We should be able to laugh at anything, but we don't get to choose the power words have over people.

Sure we make politically incorrect humour in here, but rarely racial slurs or anything personal.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:50 pm 
Gnasher

I'm okay with cracking jokes about the past as it's set in stone but this shit is happening right now ..

Quote:
The shipwrecks took place in a context of ongoing conflicts and refugee crises in several Asian and African countries, which increased the total number of forcibly displaced people worldwide at the end of 2014 to almost 60 million, the highest level since World War II.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

Can dig deeper but wiki will do for now...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 am 
Alto Trek

intrusav wrote:
I'm okay with cracking jokes about the past as it's set in stone but this shit is happening right now ..

Quote:
The shipwrecks took place in a context of ongoing conflicts and refugee crises in several Asian and African countries, which increased the total number of forcibly displaced people worldwide at the end of 2014 to almost 60 million, the highest level since World War II.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

Can dig deeper but wiki will do for now...

why would the past be different to joke about ?

Also, no offense, but a simple wiki explanation with numbers doesn't do it for me, tbh.
I know the numbers, but I also wonder why we always see the images of the boats and where they arrive in Europe, while they almost never show us the images of say Jordan or Lebanon, who together alone host more than 4 million refugees (!!!). We should get to see the whole picture, at all times, but media has been shit for years now. Thank god for the internet.

I know at least 3 refugees personally. One in Greece, 2 right here in the town I live.
I've had many discussions about their lives and how moving out of their country and adapting to ours has changed them. I consider all of them my friends, and I'm 100% sure 2 of those would laugh very hard with that joke.
A while ago, I even seriously considered to go and do volunteer work in Greece to help with the refugee crisis.
I regularly send out boxes with toys and clothes to a town in the Filipines that I know, just to give an example (if the country were closer to EU, we'd see enough people from there coming over as well, just as many poor Asian countries)

Just because I make a joke about it doesn't mean I don't care. Not at all !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 am 
Alto Trek

Lost to the Void wrote:
I think the thing is, as a white man, you don't get to decide if the word is offensive or not.
This is the key issue.
I used to use gay as a term for crappy, even though it was never intended to be offensive, once it was pointed out to me by a gay friend what comes with that word, and how they suffered in their life and the weight that word had, I couldn't justify using it any more, regardless.

We should be able to laugh at anything, but we don't get to choose the power words have over people.

Sure we make politically incorrect humour in here, but rarely racial slurs or anything personal.

I agree with what you say.
but my joke was said to an Arab guy, who was ok with the joke, and then I was worried about insulting Pedro,
who was also ok with the joke and was actually kidding himself when he said I shouldn't use that word. So when did any of this get personal ?
Also, I don't consider this a "racial slur", that's very much overdoing it.
I used the word nigger, I then explained why I think it shouldn't be considered insulting, explaining this with a few sketches by comedians, black and white, who go into this issue, saying basically the same thing as I said, where's the "racial slur" in that ?
I can see why people can get offended (however, only white people (afaik) reacted offended till now), but I think I made it clear what I meant, and I am the last person on earth to ever act like a racist in real life, nor did I ever mean to insult anybody.

You know, when you mention the gay word, I thought about this one for a while.
We make super hard gay jokes all the time on subsekt. It's one of these ongoing things, it's part of subsekt.
But did we ever consider it could be offensive to gay people ? Nope.
We just assumed they would be ok with that.
afaik, there's only one person here who openly said he's gay (and good for him), but yeah, I some times wonder if we never scared away other gay people just with our jokes.
So what's the difference ? We can make super hard jokes about gays, but we can't make jokes about the stupid racism issue ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:05 pm 
Learned Helplessness

You can't speak for all members of Subsekt and say that we all make gay jokes, I don't and I never would. I don't personally like it.

At the same time you can't ask all people of a culture or all people who identify as gay or otherwise if they are ok with as each person can only really speak for themselves. If people that identify as <INSERT RACE/GENDER/SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR WHATEVER ELSE HERE> says that it is not ok, then it isn't ok. You can only speak from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what it is to be one of the things you are not.

winston wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm 
Alto Trek

StacieAnne wrote:
You can't speak for all members of Subsekt and say that we all make gay jokes, I don't and I never would. I don't personally like it.

point taken, however I think you are the exception here on subsekt.

Also, didn't you just fairly recently say

Quote:
Don't be surprised when you tell him that "you can put it anywhere you like" it ends up in your ass every time.

;)

StacieAnne wrote:
At the same time you can't ask all people of a culture or all people who identify as gay or otherwise if they are ok with as each person can only really speak for themselves. If people that identify as <INSERT RACE/GENDER/SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR WHATEVER ELSE HERE> says that it is not ok, then it isn't ok. You can only speak from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what it is to be one of the things you are not.

Theoretically I'm sure that must be the case, but yet the biggest part of subsekt constantly makes gay jokes, though we're straight.
Which is kind of my point. :)
I exactly said that up till now only the white folks have acted all shocked, while the Arab and the semi-black (and I even hate to say it like that because it's just totally stupid to name people by their color) that I directly addressed had no problem whatsoever with the joke. Most likely, they are the ones that could have experienced racist issues, yet they didn't mind the joke (and made it themselves).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 pm 
Learned Helplessness

Erm, that comment, I was talking from my perspective. I mean, how did you even think it was anything other than that? :chin:

The way I see it is, if you are within that group and you want to use it in jest then it is perfectly fine, if you are not then it is something that I would personally, speaking for myself give it a wide swerve.

winston wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next