Food

General Chat // Music Discussion
The_G
Artificial Hazard
Food

Post by The_G »

What do you love and what do you hate?

I'm pretty omnivoric, myself. I can eat steak or go weeks without meat. I almost always like like savory baked goods, like empanadas or savory pies, but eat more rice-based meals than anything. I eat a lot of fruit and am addicted to hot peppers, but don't think much in life beats a really, really good pizza.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Re: Food

Post by msl »

Where the fuck am I?

Gas masks.

And gay unicorns.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

msl wrote:Where the fuck am I?

Gas masks.

And gay unicorns.

Sounds like my kind of vibe.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Man, I'd love me some bbq unicorn steak right now. I'm not fussed if they were gay.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

jordanneke wrote:Man, I'd love me some bbq unicorn steak right now. I'm not fussed if they were gay.
Once you go gay unicorn steak, you never go back.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

unicorn steak is where its at

just dont tell stacie
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Unicorn ribs too.

Even straight unicorn ribs.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I mean, not only am I outraged at this idea due to being Vegan, I am outraged as the Chief Unicorn Handler of the UK :evil:

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

p.s who is having pancakes later?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Missus is working from home today, just cooked her sweet pancakes.
Made chocolate sauce and black forest compote so she got her faves together.

Making savoury pancakes (Blinchiki) this evening. Asparagus, wild mushrooms and "cheese".

I`ve been looking up about doing a chef/catering course recently. I`m thinking of jacking the music in, in a few years and working as a Vegan Chef. I love cooking, I`m good at it, and Veganism is on the rise and there aren`t enough cooks.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Lost to the Void wrote:

I`ve been looking up about doing a chef/catering course recently. I`m thinking of jacking the music in, in a few years and working as a Vegan Chef. I love cooking, I`m good at it, and Veganism is on the rise and there aren`t enough cooks.
Im working in a restaurant as a waiter and can tell there are more and more chefs every year, at least in Europe.

I am definetely doing a course some time but i feel that i need to polish some other things in life first, im still young as fuck.
But im quite sure that i would make a good cook, its one of the rare things im sure off in life

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

zukenbauer wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

Im working in a restaurant as a waiter and can tell there are more and more chefs every year, at least in Europe.

I am definetely doing a course some time but i feel that i need to polish some other things in life first, im still young as fuck.
But im quite sure that i would make a good cook, its one of the rare things im sure off in life
there really aren`t many vegan chefs, I mean there are plenty of normal chefs for sure, everyone wants to be gordon, or heston or whoever, there`s not even a recognised industry qualification for vegan chefs/cooks. I`ve been talking to people in the vegan society about it, there is actually higher demand than supply for vegan chefs. Essentially they say just start out as assistant or work in a small kitchen.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Lost to the Void wrote:
zukenbauer wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

there really aren`t many vegan chefs, I mean there are plenty of normal chefs for sure, everyone wants to be gordon, or heston or whoever, there`s not even a recognised industry qualification for vegan chefs/cooks. I`ve been talking to people in the vegan society about it, there is actually higher demand than supply for vegan chefs. Essentially they say just start out as assistant or work in a small kitchen.
I guess i missunderstood you. There arent many vegans cooks for sure, not even much vegans restaurants here but that becoming more and more popular as you said..

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

StacieAnne wrote:p.s who is having pancakes later?

Just had four!
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Lost to the Void wrote: doing a chef/catering course
I've thought the same. I'm not a bad cook, and I suspect I could be pretty good with training.

I really love cooking (and eating), but the long hours and crappy money puts me off. Being a kitchen porter as a kid taught me what 5 - 6 days a week in a kitchen is like, and it doesn't leave much time for anything else.

I do appreciate that what you're talking about (having a USP of being a vegan chef) makes it somewhat different, but it's still a long slog to become profitable even if you're a chef / owner...

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Lost to the Void wrote:Missus is working from home today, just cooked her sweet pancakes.
Made chocolate sauce and black forest compote so she got her faves together.

Making savoury pancakes (Blinchiki) this evening. Asparagus, wild mushrooms and "cheese".

Dude, thats awesome. I love cooking, im the kind of cook who likes to put things on for hours until its just that worm place on earth.

since I dont eat meat anymore I've needed to change my style though.

Cooking is the best.

Edit: havent swithed to vegan yet, but i think its just a matter of time. I feel like its kind of expensive(still a crappy student), I may be totally wrong though.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

StacieAnne wrote:p.s who is having pancakes later?
The kids ate them as fast as I could cook them. I got 1 in the end. Adult life is shit sometimes :cry:

TheBinaryMind
pregnant

Post by TheBinaryMind »

Lost to the Void wrote:
zukenbauer wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote: everyone wants to be gordon
Me too! Not for the cooking, but his sense of humor!

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

TheBinaryMind wrote: Image
Ah Gordon.... The funniest thing I heard from him was "if it's brown it's cooked, if it's black it's fucked!" Good rule for any budding chef to follow I think!

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Lots of vegan restaurants in LA, and many if them are really good. Not so many in Singapore. I do know one vegan-friendly restaurant nearby, by which I mean about half the menu is vegan and is labeled as such. But that's really it. Well, okay, there's a ton of Indian vegetarian restaurants (mainly cuisine from Tamil Nadu and Kerala), and a lot of that *is* vegan, just not strictly vegan.