Food

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Food

Post by Lost to the Void »

StacieAnne wrote:That particular fraternity sounds right up my street Voidloss.

I want to just go away and join a nice cult and say goodbye to my actual life.
I always wanted to start my own UFO cult...

In my experience fraternities/secret societies are not worth it. Except the Discordians, they are awesome and not really a fraternity anyway. And the IOT, which is probably the least pretensious of the initiatory fraternal societies.
Church of Satan is a lot fun. They know how to party.
I'm a terminal non joiner anti whatever, so me joining these kind of things was never really going to work. Technically I am still a member of a few...
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

OMG, UFO Cults are my FAVOURITE. Not even joking.

I have recently got really deep into researching them - Heaven's Gate I find ridiculously fascinating. Many of the members were there for 20 years, if not more. They had a fucking brilliant way of subtly changing their narrative to suit their particular beliefs as they evolved over time. I know that is proper culty behaviour but looking from the outside in you think "What the fuck?!" but then I wasn't part of re-programming for all those years.
There was a shitload of weirdness (more so that what actually just happened) with the timeline of the members deaths.

Actually, same with Jonestown. Shitloads of things don't make sense about what was actually reported. It wasn't all down to just the Kool-aid and there was apparently an additional 300 bodies the just appeared from the original report. The CIA had some involvement as well IIRC.

I think Raëlism will be the next one I look into :geek:

I know it is fucked up shit and I know some awful things happen and continue to happen in cults but there is something about the utopian phase of it, pretty much at the start that really gets me. I think I would like to be a in a cult at the start and leave before it gets too fucked up.

There is a pretty decent amount of documentaries on Cults on Nexflix actually.
There was one about this end of days cult who predicted the world was going to end in 2012 (I think?)
2012 rolls round and we still exist. I think the leaders name was Michael (this seems to be a common name among cult leaders) It is worth a watch if you have not seen it. It was more of a traditional, family tearing apart cult.

Buddhafields is another cult that Netflix cover. Again - beautifully Utopian start and it was actually filmed from the last 80's so you get a proper idea about the whole ethos they originally had. I think that dude was called Michael as well :?:

I don't know what IOT is :(

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

StacieAnne wrote:OMG, UFO Cults are my FAVOURITE. Not even joking.

I have recently got really deep into researching them - Heaven's Gate I find ridiculously fascinating. Many of the members were there for 20 years, if not more. They had a fucking brilliant way of subtly changing their narrative to suit their particular beliefs as they evolved over time. I know that is proper culty behaviour but looking from the outside in you think "What the fuck?!" but then I wasn't part of re-programming for all those years.
There was a shitload of weirdness (more so that what actually just happened) with the timeline of the members deaths.
You know, there are still believers keeping the faith. Check it out: http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... -died.html

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

StacieAnne wrote:What did everyone have for lunch?
Thai food. Som tam (papaya salad), tom yum (spicy lime broth soup), fried tofu with mushrooms, and shrimp prik khing (dry curry).

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

StacieAnne wrote:

I don't know what IOT is :(

Illuminates of Thanateros

Me and my lifelong best mate have talked about it for years. When we are bored of life, get together and create an insane UFO cult.
New Shit

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Thank you The_G! That was a fascinating read. I had no idea there were still people following HG.

Voidloss, can I please join your UFO Cult when the time comes?

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

The_G wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:What did everyone have for lunch?
Thai food. Som tam (papaya salad), tom yum (spicy lime broth soup), fried tofu with mushrooms, and shrimp prik khing (dry curry).
shrimp prik khing...
i did read that right then...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

StacieAnne wrote:Thank you The_G! That was a fascinating read. I had no idea there were still people following HG.

For sure.
I think the uniform will have to be pretty sparkly.
Think star trek but with a Vince Noir Discoball Suit edge.
New Shit

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Thank you The_G! That was a fascinating read. I had no idea there were still people following HG.

For sure.
Literally, sign me up right now. I can finally be validated in my weird clothing choices.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

StacieAnne wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

For sure.
Literally, sign me up right now. I can finally be validated in my weird clothing choices.

WTF?

When i joined subsekt, threads were getting derailed by the man-train.

Now this?

Mother of god.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

You are welcome.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

:lol:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

New Shit

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

The_G wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:OMG, UFO Cults are my FAVOURITE. Not even joking.

You know, there are still believers keeping the faith. Check it out: http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... -died.html
Interesting read. Never really heard about this.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:Image
#goals

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

StacieAnne wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Image
#goals
#bucketlist

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

:lol: We all want some UFO cult vibes.

seventh serpent
Poo Fingers

Post by seventh serpent »

my mom is from southern italy and she cook pasta so good... lasagne and pasta with tomato and fish is so good :P
and i like fried fish as well