What video games are you folks playing?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Monreal
You only live once
Re: What video games are you folks playing?

Post by Monreal »

Just finished Judgment, it's a a spin-off from the Yakuza series.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Ooh, I didn't know about that
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

I haven't played any Yakuza games before and I didn't know Judgment was a spin-off, it was s uprise for me. I like story rich games but the investigation part was really easy, the game is basically holding your hand so there wasn't any "puzzles" to solve. Also I feel like there was not much side games like any Yakuza game but I may be wrong with that. Overall I'd say it's a good entry game to Yakuza franchise.

Masari
sad bastard

Post by Masari »

Monreal wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 pm
I haven't played any Yakuza games before and I didn't know Judgment was a spin-off, it was s uprise for me. I like story rich games but the investigation part was really easy, the game is basically holding your hand so there wasn't any "puzzles" to solve. Also I feel like there was not much side games like any Yakuza game but I may be wrong with that. Overall I'd say it's a good entry game to Yakuza franchise.
Thx for the feedback dude, i had some PSN friends playing Judgement but was clueless about what it was !
I ll consider playing i have Sekiro to do first and Until Dawn.

Any thoughts about until dawn anyone ?

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

Played the game with 3 friends at night in one sitting with a freaking sound system, suffice to say we had a blast. It's a creepy game and, if you like choose your adventure style go for it. Rami Malek and that cheerleader girl from that supernatural tv series are in it.

There's also second game from the same creators, Hidden Agenda. But if you wanna have the whole experience you're supposed to play that with friends via smartphone as the game gives you an agenda (hence the name) and you should follow your choices according to it.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

P0607r0n wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12 pm
timc3 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:10 pm
Summer time, and it's always light outside so I am hanging up the controllers for a while.
Are you crazy? You might get tanned because of that. Bleh.
I usually play lot of games in the summer. I’m not compatible with the temperatures above 25c.

Got myself PS4 finally, just finished RDR2 (wonderful game)
And not grinding my teeth on DS3, so might drop you a message SkullRattler. :D
Well, I have hung up the controllers and picked up my tools to install a new kitchen so not getting much of a tan. Puts the music on hold as well :(

simon_marklar
Pig

Post by simon_marklar »

i've been playing super mario maker 2 with my daughter, its heaps of fun. I love that nearly every element of making the levels has a musical component - eg when you place an element, eg the ground, it says "ground" pitched so that when you place a lot of them, its playing the super mario theme. its genious and i think i spend more time placing things to hear what happens rather than making a level :D

tried to finish wolfenstein new order, but got up to one part and couldnt figure out what to do so uninstalled it so I had the space to put doom on the switch.I hope its as good as i've been told, love doom, still remember downloading the shareware version on release day and being blown away
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

The newest doom was the last game i really played & enjoyed.
Its fast paced action, great atmosphere and a good soundtrack.

Someone posted a vid here on how the guy did the sounddesign for the game quite interesting
and funny because the guy is so koked out :D

And it just feels really nice.(the game ofc 8-) )
This has been like that with almost all id software games, but quake 3 is unrivalled in terms of movement and feeling in a shooter imo
Doom has alot of action game cliches but common thats what i want when i play a shooter
Youll enjoy it a great deal im sure

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Yeah I'm loving DOOM!!

I'm playing it on the Switch. Holy FUCK it's so hard. SO SO HARD. It's ruining my life. But I love it.

Great to hear the music in situ after watching that Mick Gordon video as mentioned above from

(come on i don't think he's coked out lol)

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

I have huge respect to players who plays FPS games with a controller, you guys sure love unconventional ways to do things.

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

you mean as opposed to keyboard/mouse ?

the nintendo switch controlling isn't TOO bad because you can use the accelerometer to assist with aim

certainly not perfect though. i wonder if the game would be so fuckin hard on PC

TonyVegazz
brown envelope

Post by TonyVegazz »

I've been playing 'Resident Evil 7: Biohazard' the last days. I have to say it's quite cool - ammunition is scarce, the inventory slots are limited and you've to eat shit from time to time. Regardless of whether you like the story or not, the classic game parameters create a scary atmosphere which i expect from an RE game.

simon_marklar
Pig

Post by simon_marklar »

ozias_leduc wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:55 am
you mean as opposed to keyboard/mouse ?

the nintendo switch controlling isn't TOO bad because you can use the accelerometer to assist with aim

certainly not perfect though. i wonder if the game would be so fuckin hard on PC
I just started that last night, so much fun!! so fast too, I wasnt expecting that

I'm using the pro controller, not quite as good as a mouse and keyboard but the accelerometer in it almost makes up for it. I'm kinda getting used to it actually

Much prefer Doom over Wolfenstien - Wolfenstein was good but a bit too serious for my tastes
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

interesting! How do you find the pro controller compared to the regular joycons?

Must admit I’m quite curious about wolfenstein too...

simon_marklar
Pig

Post by simon_marklar »

ozias_leduc wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:26 pm
interesting! How do you find the pro controller compared to the regular joycons?

pro controller feels solid - i dont use my joycons that much as the . button sticks which often pauses the game at random points. can you use the joycons to point like a mouse ???

wolfenstien is fun, its just slow... in doom i would be flying around running like a mad man - if you do that in wolfenstien you'll die.

started playing "hellblade senua's sacrifice" and so far im loving it. The audio is fucking freaky - your character is suffering psychosis so you hear voices in 360deg sound, whispers, shouts, comments, both encouraging and demeaning... its really disturbing .

apparently they used people who have been through psychosis and mental health professions to get it to be "as realistic as possible" - i'd say quite successfully.

has a great story but maybe the game part is lacking but right now im not bothered by that part as everything else is making up for the "search for this rune" and easy fights... only about 3 hours into it though

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn and the expansion for it. Utterly stunning game and brilliant gameplay. Again, it was another game I was gutted to have finished. It was like Zelda in so many ways. I must have put a good 200 hours into it.

I'm waiting on The Last Guardian to arrive in my delivery today, looks super cute and interesting. I'm getting way too far into playing games recently and as a result, I've made fuck all music. This is exactly why I can't do more than one thing, I get massively obsessed with whatever it is.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

simon_marklar wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:06 am
ozias_leduc wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:26 pm

pro controller feels solid - i dont use my joycons that much as the . button sticks which often pauses the game at random points. can you use the joycons to point like a mouse ???

wolfenstien is fun, its just slow... in doom i would be flying around running like a mad man - if you do that in wolfenstien you'll die.

started playing "hellblade senua's sacrifice" and so far im loving it. The audio is fucking freaky - your character is suffering psychosis so you hear voices in 360deg sound, whispers, shouts, comments, both encouraging and demeaning... its really disturbing .

apparently they used people who have been through psychosis and mental health professions to get it to be "as realistic as possible" - i'd say quite successfully.

has a great story but maybe the game part is lacking but right now im not bothered by that part as everything else is making up for the "search for this rune" and easy fights... only about 3 hours into it though
It gets tedious very soon man.
All the research into psychosis is all well and good, but it's supposed to be a game and in the end you won't find yourself actually "playing" much, it's a walking simulator. The story is ok but where it is going becomes blindly obvious, the look and feel is great though, this had potential to be a really great Viking supernatural epic adventure but it really isn't.

You can abbreviate the whole story in a simple act of one kid holding the hands of another and then hitting them in the face saying "look, you're hitting yourself in the face, why are hitting yourself in the face?".

You'll get what I mean when you finish it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Siete
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Siete »

Ruiner, awesome Devolver Digital game, wirh a incredifuckingawesome ost by Zamilska, woth every penny, go make sure you guys check it out.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Anyone here on Xbox? I've been getting in to Battlefield again lately and I'm not very good.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

I got Zelda : Breath Of The Wild for Switch for my birthday. My first ever Zelda game, didn't think they were for me. HOLY SHIT. I love it so much. Such a beautiful game. Almost a meditative experience except for all the killing.