What video games are you folks playing?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Amøbe
Moderate
Re: What video games are you folks playing?

Post by Amøbe »

I had been recommended disco Elysium for quite some time now, and then my gf and I had bought back a gift certificate for a small quirky game shop, we thought her little brother might like (turned out he was more interested in stuff you can find on Steam)... Anyways they had DE, and that's one of the most exhilarating experiences I've had in a while! It takes place in this world of failed ideologies and revolutions, where you are a (super drunk) detective working on a murder case, which involves the communist workers at the harbour, and the bourgeoisie corporate owners of the docks.

I don't think I've ever played a game with worse mechanics, which says a lot about how great the rest of the game is, because I really love going around in that world :) it also helps that the voice acting is by far the best I've ever heard, which combined with an eerie soundtrack creates magic!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Amøbe wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:20 pm
I had been recommended disco Elysium for quite some time now, and then my gf and I had bought back a gift certificate for a small quirky game shop, we thought her little brother might like (turned out he was more interested in stuff you can find on Steam)... Anyways they had DE, and that's one of the most exhilarating experiences I've had in a while! It takes place in this world of failed ideologies and revolutions, where you are a (super drunk) detective working on a murder case, which involves the communist workers at the harbour, and the bourgeoisie corporate owners of the docks.

I don't think I've ever played a game with worse mechanics, which says a lot about how great the rest of the game is, because I really love going around in that world :) it also helps that the voice acting is by far the best I've ever heard, which combined with an eerie soundtrack creates magic!
I just installed Disco Elysium. Looking forward to playing it when I have time.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

Amøbe wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:20 pm

I bought it when it was on sale, I played it for about half an hour and realized I wasn't in quite the right mood to connect with it. I set it aside and will get back to it at some point, I think.

I've been playing Elden Ring lately. It's my first From Software game. I'm not even sure if I like it, but I somehow feel compelled to finish it. Games never usually frustrate me this much, or if they do, I don't feel like I want to keep playing them. Something about working to increase my stats and the frustration of repeatedly attempting to fight a boss (I'm now on the last part of the game and it's ridiculous) really melts time. I pick it up at 3pm and next thing I know it's 9 o'clock. I want to finish it and then never touch it again. I hate this game and what it does to me.

10/10

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

I am doing Bloodborne first playthrough and its fantastic visually wise. Combat is somewhat more forgiving compared to other from soft if you are aggressive, but i still suck at it. Also doing dark souls and dark souls 3 again at the same time. Nice games to vent aggression and anxiety to.
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

Fire Emblem Seisen No Keifu (Naga Translation)
Stoked so far. Banging oldie :)

In ten years when elden ring will be free on things like craigs list I‘ll jump right into the pool. Altough it seems like a game visualizing depression from what I‘ce seen so far. Quite a wild game it seems…
Less is not always more.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

My kid bought the Spiderman game for PS4, so I have been playing that. The control and the open world is good.

Alethylene
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Alethylene »

Untitled Goose Game

Just me irl (annoying quacking asshole that hunts for a bell).

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Alethylene wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:29 pm
Untitled Goose Game

Just me irl (annoying quacking asshole that hunts for a bell).

I adore that game.
New Shit

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Finally getting into the Mass Effect trilogy now that the Legenday edition is available for the PC. Enjoying the first one a lot so far.

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

td3l wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:57 am
Finally getting into the Mass Effect trilogy now that the Legenday edition is available for the PC. Enjoying the first one a lot so far.
Everyone loves the 2nd the most but i´m one of the Peepz who really loved the First One a bit more, i prefered that Upgrading System for Guns and Armor, was a bit more RPG´y

Twilitez
You only live once

Post by Twilitez »

Getting my ass kicked after 20 minute ques in Command & Conquer remastered.
That'll show ya getting old, going from top 5 worldwide to cannon fodder. Also still dipping into Civ5 and Heroes of the Storm now and then.
I would love to play any version of Descent online as well but need to look around for that. KOTOR coming up soon, missed it completely back in the day.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I finally completed Disco Elysium.

Wow.

Up there with some of the best games I have ever played.

The variety of dialogue, the way the various parts of your psyche interact and interject, and how everything influences everything is quite stunning.
You can play any way you like, from an absolute wreck of a human, drunk, on drugs and utterly corrupted, to a strict moralist and everything inbetween, and the way that changes the game... One of the few games that has me walking away still thinking about it, and my own mind.

Utterly recommended, but not for the pew pew squad. It`s quite slow and interaction/dialogue heavy (if you get the Final Cut version, ALL dialogue is voice acted, and there are extra political "quests" that have some quite profound consequences).
New Shit

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:16 pm
I finally completed Disco Elysium.

Wow.

Up there with some of the best games I have ever played.

The variety of dialogue, the way the various parts of your psyche interact and interject, and how everything influences everything is quite stunning.
You can play any way you like, from an absolute wreck of a human, drunk, on drugs and utterly corrupted, to a strict moralist and everything inbetween, and the way that changes the game... One of the few games that has me walking away still thinking about it, and my own mind.

Utterly recommended, but not for the pew pew squad. It`s quite slow and interaction/dialogue heavy (if you get the Final Cut version, ALL dialogue is voice acted, and there are extra political "quests" that have some quite profound consequences).
Haven't finished it yet (as my gf's Nintendo - that we are playing on - is located in a moving box right now), but even so - it's truly one of the most intense experiences I've had!

Didn't know that all dialogue wasn't initially voice acted - but damn they are doing a marvelous job at that!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Just bought the new Zelda -it's seriously an amazing experience! Love being back Hyrule again and foraging mushrooms to cook up elixirs and dishes :)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I recently completed Death of the Outsider, nice stealth game and a fitting end to Dishonored series. Not as good as Dishonored 2, but that is considered one of the greatest games made, so tough act to follow.

I`ve just started Assassins Creed Origins. I`d given up with AC franchise as it was just the same thing over and over. But I love ancient egypt and the idea of freerunning around ancient Cairo and Memphis etc drew me in just for this. So far it`s good, predictable, but good.
New Shit

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:13 pm
I recently completed Death of the Outsider, nice stealth game and a fitting end to Dishonored series. Not as good as Dishonored 2, but that is considered one of the greatest games made, so tough act to follow.

I`ve just started Assassins Creed Origins. I`d given up with AC franchise as it was just the same thing over and over. But I love ancient egypt and the idea of freerunning around ancient Cairo and Memphis etc drew me in just for this. So far it`s good, predictable, but good.
I still remember being blown away by the freedom of climbing around, when assassin's creed initially came out.

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

Needy streamer overload - cursed game but its good and fun

Dead end aegis - Really good critique of capitalism and humanity, it really shows how we make people into pure objects that we abuse, this game is really fucked visual novel with a lot of really sad sad sad abuse.... I dont recommend it... I cant even excuse playing it, but it helps to vent real fucked up shit that happens in this world of ours daily.
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

MonoTeksist
Jan : )

Post by MonoTeksist »

I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Haven't had a heart attack yet so that's a plus.
I'm totally into horror movies but with games I'm a total small cat and squeal like a little girl every time I hear that monster roar.

I'm also playing A Plague Tale: Innocence (28 hours). Fantastic game, incredible character development, amazing graphics, I really care for Amicia and Hugo ... but I'm stuck at the push-the-cart-with-all-the-rats-in-the-way part and died more than 60 times so far. :D

Oh wait: Ghostwire Tokyo too (69 hours), how could I forget this one. I'm a sucker for anything Japanese so ... SUGOI! :o :o

PS: all on pc.
"I had a lot of doors slammed in my face." - Joey Beltram