Documentary : Gimme Danger _ The Stooges

General Chat // Music Discussion
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Documentary : Gimme Danger _ The Stooges

Post by Críoch »

Didnt even know there was a film about them. Just finished watching it & really enjoyed it.

Good stuff for anyone who likes them I guess :mrgreen:

Shame that there has been so many deaths in the band recently. I have nothing but love for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimme_Danger

TRAILER

youtu.be/6fgiW_S2Hgk

Stooges @ Glastonbury 2007. Pisses over everyone else.

youtu.be/DaaRdSSUn_8
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: Documentary : Gimme Danger _ The Stooges

Post by Mono-xID »

Without them, no Punk. Period. Will watch this documentary for sure.

I've read this book named "Please kill me" about the rise of punk. Starts in the early 60's with Lou Reed and Velvet Underground, Stooges, MC5 and alikes. Then goes on to the New York bowery scene with New York Dolls,Television,Blondie,Ramones etc...

...and ends with the "stolen from NY" UK stuff.

Highly recommended music history book.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Nice, i've been waiting for this one Jim Jarmush + Stooges, FUCK YEAH! :twisted:
WTF?!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Cheers Mono.. I seen that book online & will check it out.

I know everyone thinks that the music / fashion / everything from their youth was the best.. but genuinely, I lament the fact that there are few contenders to replace guys like the Stooges. Man.. they weren't styled or managed into utter blandness. At least there was real danger & excitement until the drugs or ideas ran out. There was nothing on the Glastonbury 2007 stage that could touch those old men. They were giving it everything they had.. as if it was the last time.. & for Ron Ashton, it was very close to his passing. Incredible energy & hunger. You just dont see that very often nowadays.

Watched 'Supersonic' - the Oasis doc, a few weeks ago. I never liked them. Still dont.. but at the time I enjoyed their humour & attitude. Man.. I miss them for that.

Real rock stars.. not giving a fuck.. against the world.. against themselves.. and making the music that they will never be forgotten for. I'm no Oasis fan, but I can appreciate how 'special' that moment was for them, like it is & should be for bands & fans. I never really liked REM either.. but a few years ago I had a eureka moment, noticing that they were no longer releasing music & actually missing the fact that their 'sound' was gone from the radio. Who replaced them? THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS. Pure shit music. Bland meaningless, uninspiring horseshit.

Maybe music isnt as special for people nowadays. Nowadays music aint always that special for me. All the edges have been ground off. People are more into selfies & technology than giving 100% of their focus & soul into having an actual experience. For the most part.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Críoch wrote:Cheers Mono.. I seen that book online & will check it out.

I know everyone thinks that the music / fashion / everything from their youth was the best.. but genuinely, I lament the fact that there are few contenders to replace guys like the Stooges. Man.. they weren't styled or managed into utter blandness. At least there was real danger & excitement until the drugs or ideas ran out. There was nothing on the Glastonbury 2007 stage that could touch those old men. They were giving it everything they had.. as if it was the last time.. & for Ron Ashton, it was very close to his passing. Incredible energy & hunger. You just dont see that very often nowadays.

Watched 'Supersonic' - the Oasis doc, a few weeks ago. I never liked them. Still dont.. but at the time I enjoyed their humour & attitude. Man.. I miss them for that.

Real rock stars.. not giving a fuck.. against the world.. against themselves.. and making the music that they will never be forgotten for. I'm no Oasis fan, but I can appreciate how 'special' that moment was for them, like it is & should be for bands & fans. I never really liked REM either.. but a few years ago I had a eureka moment, noticing that they were no longer releasing music & actually missing the fact that their 'sound' was gone from the radio. Who replaced them? THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS. Pure shit music. Bland meaningless, uninspiring horseshit.

Maybe music isnt as special for people nowadays. Nowadays music aint always that special for me. All the edges have been ground off. People are more into selfies & technology than giving 100% of their focus & soul into having an actual experience. For the most part.
Couldn't agree more !!! As for the Oasis doc... I had the same with the Mötley Crüe biography book "The Dirt". Never liked their music but man...every page in that book have a "WTF ???" moment. I really saw these guys with other eyes after reading their story.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

So glad I saw them on the reunion tour in 2004... one of the best gigs of my life, and incredible story getting in as we didn't have tickets and decided to go at the last minute. Luckily for us just as we pull up to the venue a massive brawl breaks out between a biker gang and the security, serious shit, bats, steel pipes, chains, 30-40 people... me and my mate took the opportunity to sneak in the door as no one was watching... hahahaha. Just as we run in No Fun starts to blast out... we end up front of stage, 2m from Iggy. Been waiting for this documentary look forward to watching it.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

They just don't make em like that anymore man. He's the real deal like Lemmy, none of this fake pretentious bullshit.
Críoch wrote:I know everyone thinks that the music / fashion / everything from their youth was the best.. but genuinely, I lament the fact that there are few contenders to replace guys like the Stooges. Man..
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

As much as I like iggy, he`s a bit of a goon, I`ve seen some interviews with him where you just think "boy do you live sheltered hollywood life" where he has no clue about the modern world.

And also, he did this

Lemmy never stooped that low.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I like the Stooges simply cause the Sisters used to cover them
and because Gary Larson made this wonderful joke once... ;)

Sin cambios no hay mariposa