Is Beatport just a joke?

General Chat // Music Discussion
gedda
Metric Martyr
Re: Is Beatport just a joke?

Post by gedda »

Honestly as a producer who is ass, I want to get on dat beatport for vanity purposes.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I don't get why anyone would want to be on Beatport these days. Sales are utterly laughable unless you do bumcode and get in the top 20 techno charts and you don't even get FULL SUPPORT! scene cred or anything since vinyl DJs don't browse beatport and the guys that carry USBs in Rimowa's only play promos.

With Bandcamp you can actually reach normal people that aren't amateur tech house traktor DJs (Beatports main demographic).

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Just wait till Bandcamp does the inevitable and start up a sort of "record shop" page where you can browse labels and artists like the classic record shop style...
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

That is a great fucking idea I really like it, and so would everybody... you should suggest it o them... seriously.

Mattias wrote:Just wait till Bandcamp does the inevitable and start up a sort of "record shop" page where you can browse labels and artists like the classic record shop style...
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Yeah, must surely be on the cards.
All Bandcamp ever needs is an index! ..

parents
Opposite

Post by parents »

Mattias wrote:Just wait till Bandcamp does the inevitable and start up a sort of "record shop" page where you can browse labels and artists like the classic record shop style...
We have to make an official SubSekt request signed by all the "honorable" members of our forum. :mrgreen:

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

When I first started making music I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY wanted to see my name on Beatport - pure vanity.

I think partly it was due to the notion in my head that I was never going to be able to make any music people wanted in any sense. Now, I just want to make music for me, because I love creating and I enjoy it. I get some much from it as a process.

If I don't ever release anything again it really won't be a biggie for me as I just want to make things for the love of it and I don't think I'll ever stop <3

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

The Newest Thing on beatport is to sell you old music for the price of exclusive new ones just by re-releasing them on another label... dafuQ. I know that some Tracks getting released more than once on different labels or gathered in compilations but i never saw that 3 or 4 years old tracks where sold as exclusive ones ... or just more expensive the new orange marked pre release shit. Just brazen

parents
Opposite

Post by parents »

StacieAnne wrote: I think partly it was due to the notion in my head that I was never going to be able to make any music people wanted in any sense. <3
I did the same thing till I decided to stop thinking what other ppl want. Right there was the moment when I started enjoy making music! So I made an orchestra at Cubase (God bless it) with drums and basses and leads that I really liked and did my OWN music. I was trying to do techno and trance before that. The result was a mini album of 5 tracks that was not trance or techno but it has elements of minimal, electronica and DnB!!!! That was back in 2006. I still listen to that music and still like it lotss and lotsss!!! Some friends told me to release it but I was feeling so good about it that I didn't wanted to proceed to a release for money. Finally a friend of mine asked me again back at 2013 if I still have that album and If I could release it at his label which gives music away only for FREE!!!!!!
You give away music for free?????? Sure , take it!!! An it is released :D