What got you into techno ?

General Chat // Music Discussion
sam
Cold
Re: What got you into techno ?

Post by sam »

youtu.be/7EyDBgu2p4E

this and basically everything else on trance europe express volume 2.

before that, the shamen, utah saints, and i met these girls from manchester who were in nz on holiday and they gave me a copy of a hacienda tape which was real good. that was the first time id actually heard 90 minutes of music mixed by a dj.

ah, nostalgia :)

Aline N
Chernobyl

Post by Aline N »

i think lots of Drugs in the early 2000 :P

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

Aline N wrote:i think lots of Drugs in the early 2000 :P
LOL - that was about the time I stopped doing them :ugeek:

Aline N
Chernobyl

Post by Aline N »

NomadSpectrum wrote:
Aline N wrote:i think lots of Drugs in the early 2000 :P
LOL - that was about the time I stopped doing them :ugeek:
hahaha

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Yep, gotta agree on the TEX compilations...

MrWoo
Get a fucking avatar

Post by MrWoo »

For me it all started in late 70's and thanks to my aunty julie who had a Casio SK5 or 10(i forget which)...... and then discovering jean michelle jarre. This happened when i was bout 8..... on n off i listened jarre and started actively hunting synth music and ambience. This naturally lead me towards Sweat Dreams by annie lennox.......... That was my first memory of a decent repetitive kick. Now, my mum owns the responsibilty of turning me into a tech head as she used to blast that sweat dreams all the time. Then one day i was take to the london planetarium........ you guessed right, the laser show was backed by Sweatdreams and playing at full pelt!!!!! Boooooom! so from there i started hunting for a specific sound and through various channels and adventures in realised what i was listenin too in the end was techno that derived from electro breaks/hip hop 80s style. herbie hanncock and so on. From there KissFm started to go legal and from that i learnt of Steve Jackson, Colin Dale, Cox..... I met cox a few months later at RollerExpress :) (also nearly went to his gaff for "to the core" mag)..... For me now its not so much techno sounds its the attitude that i call techno!!!! Techno was never an EDM at first it was a style term coined from the usage of electronic toys :)....

What made it all worth while are these great places: Camden, Wandsworth, Vauxhall...... Club labrynth, chunnel club, Club UK, leisure lounge(before they refurbed from the snooker club) and ec1 and then Eurobeat 2000. I used to play in a small bar by the cafe in spitall fields in early 90's he he he...... but yeah i met Cox again after a few years n bantered with him n rachel auburn at club uk..... i became a drinks goffer ha ha!!

So yes Laying in bed listenin to a certain sound that i discovered through progression of interest...... became a love for techno!

But i did par-take in the Uk hardcore scenes for a few years and found out about a dude called Mark EG :)..... scorpio, clarkee, producer, loftgroover, t23......... then became an adventure into hard techno................ ha ha!!! so many memories we should all collab for a book!!!!

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Ah yeah, Sweet Dreams remixed by one Dave Angel, another man that had serious influence on the u.k. techno scene ..

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

MrWoo wrote: But i did par-take in the Uk hardcore scenes for a few years and found out about a dude called Mark EG :)..... scorpio, clarkee, producer, loftgroover, t23......... then became an adventure into hard techno................ ha ha!!! so many memories we should all collab for a book!!!!
yep! i used to listen to those guys. i used to listen to hardcore back in the day, in 94, 95 i remember buying a helter skelter 8 pack :) still got it somewhere lol i had all those guys you mentioned
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

testa
clown

Post by testa »

my brothers are djs and made a lot of parties back in the day. i heard all when i was very small boy and maybe i got brainwash hehehe