Post by rktic »

I just fell in love with Rick & Morty.

Stace
Classical Approach
Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Homeland has really kicked it up a gear :D

Well worth getting back into if you fell out of love with it.
My sis and brother in law are the armourers for that series.
My sis is one of only 2 armourers in the biz who are women.
She teaches blonde crybaby lady from homeland to hold and use guns properly.
I've never really watched it and they have sent me all the dvd''s and some props and stuff. I should really watch it but I got turned off once blonde woman started seeing Damien ginger nuts in the program. It just seemed a really stupid plot device and I couldn't get past it.
Blond crybaby :lol:

That is crazy that there is only 2 women in the industry (granted I don't know how big that industry actually is but it seems like a very small number) Again, it is one of those situations where I am always curious why the number of females is really low. I am not sure if it is due to things that you are introduced to in early life and it breaks me head trying to figure it out.

I went right of it for a while and I did take issue with how some of Blond Crybabies mental health issues were portrayed.
There is some excellent tension and suspense which I am struggling to find anything anywhere near as good in other shows.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Hello all, been away in the world of my kids again, just up for a bit of air :D

Penny Dreadful is an excellent watch, as is the Knick and Gomorrah if you don't mind a bit of subtitles.
In fact getting back in to TV series's has saved my sanity this past year, that NOW TV subscription has been worth it's weight in gold.

I'd also say if you've not watched Spartacus, then that is what TV should be about (Great story, sex, violence, brilliant script). I think my Grandma would have a heart attack on the spot!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

StacieAnne wrote: That is crazy that there is only 2 women in the industry (granted I don't know how big that industry actually is but it seems like a very small number) Again, it is one of those situations where I am always curious why the number of females is really low. I am not sure if it is due to things that you are introduced to in early life and it breaks me head trying to figure it out.

I went right of it for a while and I did take issue with how some of Blond Crybabies mental health issues were portrayed.
There is some excellent tension and suspense which I am struggling to find anything anywhere near as good in other shows.
Well, not many women in special forces. Tends to be those guys who go into film armourer work.
My Sis married an Ex British Special Forces dude, she was always a bit nuts and full on anyway, he taught her about guns and weapons and tactics, they moved to south africa and started a film armoury business, now everything is filmed in south africa these days, they do loads of stuff.

She`s worked on loads of films, most of the actresses are now asking for her to be their armourer (she`s called the armouress in the business) as she doesn`t talk down to women, which is common apparently when dealing with guns in the biz, she`s worked with everyone.

She did a couple of films with Idris Elba, and they became friends, and now he is financing the production of a film based on her life story, which is pretty cool.

My sis does a lot of conservation work to offset all the crap she does in the film biz (she doesn`t really like it, as it glorifies guns and the film business is "facile" to her). She trains anti poaching squads around africa and helped start the Saving Private Rhino initiative, where they take ex military guys and put them in to anti poaching teams, so all these ex killers have something constructive to do. She works with kids in the townships to educate them about the negative aspects of guns, and does loads of stuff with the Save the Rhino, Save the Elephant and more foundations.

Her husband is a bit damaged from his work in special forces, he did some mental shit in his service, but he`s a lovely guy, but he has this weird need to get in to danger. She leads an insane life.
My bro in law is currently working with the kenyan government (as well as shooting the next series of homeland, dominion, and working on pre-production of the new possible stephen king epic 3 parter to rival Lord of the Rings) to train and implement a rapid response anti poaching team there, basically poachers are now flying in in helicopters under radar, darting animals (rhinos and elephants) landing, sawing off the horns or ivory and then fucking off, to avoid anti poaching trackers who are now legally allowed to shoot poachers on site). So his plan is to use shoulder mounted portable ground to air missiles to shoot down the helicopters via a rapid response unit of crack anti poacher troops. This will cost the poaching industry so much (helicopters are very expensive) it should kill it dead in kenya. And it looks like the government are going for it.

While this is a noble cause, the real reason my brother in law is doing it, and he told me this when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago, is that he has always wanted to shoot down a helicopter, and he never got the chance during his service!!!!!

Nutter. Occasionally he gets what my sister calls, "The Lust" and fucks off to do (mercenary) protection work in african warzones. Protecting political dissenters and stuff.
My sister takes it all in her stride. Mostly she keeps him busy in the film biz where he has worked with practically everyone as lead armourer, showing all the stars to hold guns like "real men".
I`ve always been a bit protective of my sis, I tend to intimidate her fella`s a little, just to make sure they know to treat her right, one really really didn`t and I nearly got put away for what I ended up doing to him, but that`s another story. Anyway, that guy led to her toughening up somewhat. This this is the first one who could kill me, unarmed, pretty much instantly, there`s no intimidating him, he`s seen things, if you get what I mean. Luckily we get on, and he is a truly lovely guy.

She`s bad ass. She can strip and rebuild an AK47 in under a minute, blindfolded.
I never thought my sister would do something like that.
I`m pretty tasty, I worked as a bouncer for years to support myself as a musician, and I did security at our illegal raves, but my sister is just bad ass, makes me look like a fweeb. Her hubby has trained her up in all kinds of stuff.
She`s not a she-man either, she`s super girly, just....well, dangerous.
If you`ve seen an american film or TV series recently and you see a SWAT team assault, odds are that`s HER team. She got together a load of international ex military guys who had various psychological problems, trained them up in US SWAT tactics and basically hires them out to the film industry and coordinates them on set. They are known to be one of the most camera savvy SWAT teams in the industry, so they get used in loads of stuff.
She calls em her boys.

here she is with some of her boys

however, this is more crazy.

My mum goes to visit my sis in south africa every year (she went whilst they were filming Mad Max FR in namibia and met Tom Hardy, who she said was a troubled but beautiful young man, he took a shine to her a did a painting for her she has on her living room wall), last christmas they took her to the shooting range.
Bare in mind my mum is 78
This video is her shooting an AK.

youtu.be/HQRsqG1oVhY

I have a strange family all in all. I really had no chance in leading a normal life.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

:lol: That video is amazing, I expected it to just fire the once and then boooom, loads of times :lol: Love the little excited jumps after :D (she absolutely does not look 78)

Is there *any* women in the special forces? I don't even know.

Crikey, that is some mega interesting life to lead. Amazing that she is getting a film made about her life and financed by Idris Elba, that is huge.

It is good to see that she is involved with the offset stuff as well. You see so many pro gun type people that won't have a word said against guns and their use in any kind of a negative way.

I am not at all surprised that her husband is a bit damaged. Everyone I know who was in the forces of some kinda is a little broken. One of them was so young when he joined he literally can not get out of the routes and mindsets they got him into as a 16 year old. They totally took him apart and put him back together in a way that even 10 years from him leaving has never left him (I didn't appreciate this when he would get up at 6am to hoover the house and I had been out the night before) That was just the standard Army so I have literally no idea how much more hardcore the training that the Specials get put though, I can only imagine it is much much more intense and therefore even more difficult to regain any sense of normal, whatever that might be.

She makes you look like a fweeb :lol: I fucking LOVE people that challenge gender "roles" in that way. Yeah, you can be a feminist and still like pink and you can be non-binary and still have long hair etc..... Best.

That is hellava awesome family you got there man!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

my sister is a one woman army in a very male industry in a very sexist country, but she has this cast iron will, it`s quite admirable.

My mum too, she was a young kid in east london during the blitz. As a kid she played in the rubble of bombed out houses in the east end, she has some crazy stories of her childhood. She was too young to be evacuated. All the men in the family went to war, some didn`t come back, so it was just the sisters and their mum holding it together at home. So all the women in the family have this cast iron indomitable spirit, and it has been passed down, but there will be no more generations like her. I`m the only boy in this generation of the family so I`ve allways been surrounded by these really strong women. I guess its why I have never had any problems with gender equality, its just never been an issue.
Roll your sleeves up and dig in.

My mum is amazing, ,she`s so fit for her age, she has friends 10 years younger than them and she runs circles around them. True blitz spirit. My dad died of cancer a few years back, and she was a little lost, as she loved being a wife and a homekeeper, but she realised she needed a life.
I taught her how to use the internet and she is fully internet savvy now, skypes etc. She joined the ramblers association and goes on country walks, she joined a shooting club and does target shooting, archery, she paints (oils, expressionist), travels all over and goes on little breaks around europe. She`s completely sucking the juices out of life, I can only hope I have her spirit at her age.

As for my bro in law, he did a lot of ops for our most prestigious of special forces, some of it was questionable, especially in the first Iraq war, which was when he ended his service (he served some 20 odd years from enlisting at 17). He`s got a chest full of medals but I`ve only really gotten little snippets out of him in our quieter moments alone. My sis has told me other stuff in confidence and it`s pretty rough stuff. It`s hard to see how you can go through and do that kind of stuff and still come out a decent human, which he is.
New Shit

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Thank you for sharing, Steve!

It's quite remarkable how much WWII shaped who many of us became in various ways.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Epic derailment
New Shit

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

rktic wrote:I just fell in love with Rick & Morty.
Nice man! It's an eeee*burp*xcellent show. :D

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Lost to the Void wrote:Epic derailment
I think you just won the Most Interesting Derailment award! ..

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

thanks for sharing that Steve,, that's crazy that he still goes off on the odd mission still. Is it a money think as well as a kinda involuntary thing too?

--------

As a sorta link back, just started watching The Wire from season 1. Elba is in it.. The actor, not the island. It's set in Baltimore.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

ICN wrote:thanks for sharing that Steve,, that's crazy that he still goes off on the odd mission still. Is it a money think as well as a kinda involuntary thing too?

--------

As a sorta link back, just started watching The Wire from season 1. Elba is in it.. The actor, not the island. It's set in Baltimore.

It`s not about the money no, he earns well in the film industry. He just needs to be "in the thick of it" sometimes. It`s a bit like stockholm syndrome, he feels trapped sometimes and being in situations of extreme danger clears his mind sorta.
It`s impossible to really comprehend for myself, I can`t picture myself ever having done some of the things he has done, I like a bit of danger, given my past, but his idea of danger is something else entirely, to have to put yourself in the line of fire to get your Zen on is pretty fucked up. It only happens occasionally. My sister freaked out about him going on a private special ops thing last year, it was moving currency or gold or something through Iraq, ultra ultra high risk, extremely high pay, she , there was a huge risk of death bonus apparently, but the odds on losing personal to severe or deadly injury were something like 60/40 against, she actually nearly left him over it and was on the phone to me loads to talk with me about her relationship. He wanted to go because he knew some of the team that signed up. Me and my mum ended up having a lot of chats with him alone and with him and my sister, it was a big family hoofarah, basically made him realise that he has a great life and a wonderful life, and it`s not worth taking those kind of risks. He ended up doing a load of shark diving instead.

It`s weird. He`s such a lovely lovely guy, I really get on with him, he acts like a proper older brother, it`s probably a better relationship than most brother in laws have, we have very similar humour, very dry, gallows humour. But his past is just, it`s this palpable thing. Complex.
New Shit

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Jesus lads you've got me hooked on some quality shows with Rick and Morty, Mr Robot and now Its Always Sunny I'm TV'd out! Into session 7 of Its Always Sunny and all i can say is that i absolutely love it, they tread a fine line between the ridiculous and cringe worthy behaviour and i actually find myself empathising far to much with them lol, so funny! Lethal Weapon 5 and skinny jeans on Danny Devito, perfect christmas binge show. Cheers!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Danny Devito clawing his way out of the sofa naked.... So funny.

And the reunion party...

And poor cricket, as his life collapses season to season, all down to them.
New Shit

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Ano mate, just can't stop watching :lol:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Talking about DeVito.. Just started watching Taxi on some sat channel. Good stuff.

Major TV love for season 2 of The Wire. Thoroughly enjoyed s1. Mighty show.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Vorlis wrote:Ano mate, just can't stop watching :lol:
It`s easy to forget, when he's destitute in the alley, willing to take it up the ass or suck cock for a 6 pack of beer, that he started out as a priest in series 1.
New Shit

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Shit! Was Cricket the priest who the gang got into bless the wall stain lol, just got to the reunion episode and he's Fr Mara again haha. My memories shot ffs.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I think charlie day is my fave episode.
When Sweet D and charlie spend a day walking in each others shoes.

Love when sweet D keeps dry heaving on the stage doing standup.
New Shit

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

simon_marklar wrote:and I forgot black mirror. episode one is particularly relevant these days for you britts!!!!! :P

Gonna second Black Mirror. You damn Brits make the most depressing mini-series in existence, apparently.

I mean, you can't even call it sci-fi anymore.. it's happening right now.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015 ... atch-list/