It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:21 am 
Offline
broke

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:02 pm
Posts: 30
bergertron wrote:
Red Dwarf deserves a mention one of my old time favorite comedies since I was young. 2 new seasons coming out over the next 2 years also.

Father Ted is class also seen the Christmas special recently. Fav episode is when Brendan Grace is in it listening to jungle music.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:46 am 
Offline
decent
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm
Posts: 328
iggyfog wrote:
bergertron wrote:
Red Dwarf deserves a mention one of my old time favorite comedies since I was young. 2 new seasons coming out over the next 2 years also.

Father Ted is class also seen the Christmas special recently. Fav episode is when Brendan Grace is in it listening to jungle music.


Image



I had my fun and that's all that matters..


_________________
https://soundcloud.com/djfilthmonger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
is a liar..

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:57 am
Posts: 523
bergertron wrote:
Red Dwarf deserves a mention one of my old time favorite comedies since I was young. 2 new seasons coming out over the next 2 years also.

Father Ted is class also seen the Christmas special recently. Fav episode is when Brendan Grace is in it listening to jungle music.


Red Dwarf was a favourite of mine too, used to go to school the next day quoting every line with mates.....

My favourite line is Lister's in polymorph "I say we get out there and TWAT it"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
I wanna burn the whole fucking world


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:31 am 
Offline
wonohthevinthevin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:51 am
Posts: 1077
Location: Sheffield
I am all out of things to watch so anything new and decent, please let me know.

I am not sure if I already posted but I really enjoyed Man In The High Castle :)

_________________
Mixes and ting

winston wrote:
their common goal seems to be to live in some bdsm-unicorn utopia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:44 pm 
Offline
Slowy J
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm
Posts: 1316
Location: Horsham, UK
StacieAnne wrote:
I am all out of things to watch so anything new and decent, please let me know.

I am not sure if I already posted but I really enjoyed Man In The High Castle :)


I'm on episode 4 of this. Seems quite good so far.

_________________
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:09 pm 
Offline
subsekt
subsekt
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm
Posts: 7770
Location: Lego City
In in mourning..

Finished watching the final episode of The Wire.

Hate when enjoyable shows end.. But at least there's a conclusion. An end. I like that.

So many good moments & great characters. Last series, no.5 , was a bit farcical at times.. But I'd still highly recommend it.

I was genuinely left guessing so many times watching these 5 seasons, only to be completely wrong as to how shit was gonna play out. Brilliant acting & writing. So many layers of backstabbing & double dealing. The streets, the government, newspapers & police., they all had so much in common.

Good show.

_________________
Lost to the Void wrote:
There is no top to the mountain, but the view gets better as you climb.

-
http://blog.subsekt.com/
subsekt mixes: https://hearthis.at/4x6yvjqn/
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:46 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
ICN wrote:
In in mourning..

Finished watching the final episode of The Wire.

Hate when enjoyable shows end.. But at least there's a conclusion. An end. I like that.

So many good moments & great characters. Last series, no.5 , was a bit farcical at times.. But I'd still highly recommend it.

I was genuinely left guessing so many times watching these 5 seasons, only to be completely wrong as to how shit was gonna play out. Brilliant acting & writing. So many layers of backstabbing & double dealing. The streets, the government, newspapers & police., they all had so much in common.

Good show.



ABSO fucking LUTELY !!!!!!!!

I've said it for years : The Wire is one of the most complete series you can ever find.
The way it handles poverty/social injustice/schooling systems/drug trafficking/media/...
is totally unique.
And they've done such an outstanding job to make all these aspects intervine together with one another.
My jaw still drops when I simply think of it. :shock:

Such a perfect series, and so SO socially important in our day and age, no matter if you don't live in Baltimore/Bodymore. :)

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
btw, if anyone has seen series one of True Detective,
and they are planning to perhaps watch series 2

please, by all means, you will only face massive disappointment.

My mrs got paid for a translation job recently with a big gift cheque, so we literally had to find stuff to buy so not to let this thing go to waste,
but yeah, we're at 70% of the season now,
and man, is that just one massive fuck up of a series compared to the 1st season.
Really shallow characters, very poor scenario, no real "threat" (apart from the soundtrack, which is still ok),
just fucking boring and predictable as hell !!
All 3 characters together don't even come close to 50% of the performance of Woody or Matthew in series one...
man what an utter disappointment..

don't waste your time on this one,
just don't.

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:39 pm 
Offline
decent
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm
Posts: 328
Hades wrote:
btw, if anyone has seen series one of True Detective,
and they are planning to perhaps watch series 2

please, by all means, you will only face massive disappointment.

My mrs got paid for a translation job recently with a big gift cheque, so we literally had to find stuff to buy so not to let this thing go to waste,
but yeah, we're at 70% of the season now,
and man, is that just one massive fuck up of a series compared to the 1st season.
Really shallow characters, very poor scenario, no real "threat" (apart from the soundtrack, which is still ok),
just fucking boring and predictable as hell !!
All 3 characters together don't even come close to 50% of the performance of Woody or Matthew in series one...
man what an utter disappointment..

don't waste your time on this one,
just don't.



Bollax to you, :-P

True Detective Season 2 is great. Each Season is to be a story of a True Detective Genre and by no means should be compared from each other as they are there own thing.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/djfilthmonger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:15 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
bergertron wrote:
Hades wrote:
btw, if anyone has seen series one of True Detective,
and they are planning to perhaps watch series 2

please, by all means, you will only face massive disappointment.

My mrs got paid for a translation job recently with a big gift cheque, so we literally had to find stuff to buy so not to let this thing go to waste,
but yeah, we're at 70% of the season now,
and man, is that just one massive fuck up of a series compared to the 1st season.
Really shallow characters, very poor scenario, no real "threat" (apart from the soundtrack, which is still ok),
just fucking boring and predictable as hell !!
All 3 characters together don't even come close to 50% of the performance of Woody or Matthew in series one...
man what an utter disappointment..

don't waste your time on this one,
just don't.



Bollax to you, :-P

True Detective Season 2 is great. Each Season is to be a story of a True Detective Genre and by no means should be compared from each other as they are there own thing.



FUCK YOU YOU DIRTY IRISH CUNT, DON'T YOU KNOW I'M ALWAYS RIGHT ?????!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

I'm gonna watch the last episode of season 2 this evening.
It says a lot about the whole season that we've actually stopped watching yesterday evening at the end of the one but last episode.
When I first watched season 1, I watched the whole thing in less than a day.
When I watched it the 2nd time, I still watched it in less than 3 or 4 days, and the only reason I didn't finish it sooner was because I watched it with the mrs.

of course I know every season is a totally different story,
but I'll gladly repeat what I said : even when you throw together all the acting of all main characters in season 2, you don't even get anywhere close to the performance of Woody or Matthew.
Vince Vaughn is mostly irritating as hell, for example, and Taylor Kitsch (does one seriously wanna become a professional actor with a surname like that ??) does his very best to come close to VV's performance.
We constantly had to rewatch little parts here and there because the scenario wasn't clear at all, and had more holes than a normal kitchen sieve.

Seriously, this season doesn't touch me at all, while after I had watched season 1, I felt as if I had been fistfucked non-stop by King Kong for a year or two...

The only thing I'll admit is that FINALLY after the 5th episode or so, it gets better.
But yeah, there's only 8 episodes in total, so... :cry:

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:28 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
you know what I always admire in films/series ?
the way they have to make the viewer "believe" a certain character,
the way they have to give as much info about their personal or private life to the viewers without making it come across as totally "forced" or unnatural.

This is a really hard thing to do, you know ?

And they totally failed to do so in the 2nd season,
in fact it isn't before the 5th episode untill you actually learn a bit more about some of the main characters,
making them a lot more less shallow than in the first couple of episodes.

bad scenario, mediocre acting (at best !!), not at all a mise-en-scene like the 1st season,...

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:09 pm 
Offline
Chernobyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am
Posts: 104
Get the HD version of The Wire.

Watch the lot in a glorious televisual binge and then when its finished burn your TV.

Nothing else will ever compare and yes, that includes Breaking Bad.

Image

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:21 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
scamartist wrote:
Get the HD version of The Wire.

Watch the lot in a glorious televisual binge and then when its finished burn your TV.

Nothing else will ever compare and yes, that includes Breaking Bad.

Image


I agree, apart from the 1st season of True Detective :D

but The Wire was a lot more complete because all it's 5 seasons had their own story to tell.

it was 5 seasons of a non-stop high level.

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:22 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
btw scamartist, don't you think one track in your sig might just be enough ?
just a thought !

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:28 pm 
Offline
Blanks
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:50 pm
Posts: 2618
Narcooooooooos

_________________
SC - FB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:51 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
Alume wrote:
Narcooooooooos


nu ben ik echt niet meer mee JJ
(ben maar domme vlaming hé ;) )

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:39 am 
Offline
wonohthevinthevin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:51 am
Posts: 1077
Location: Sheffield
Alume wrote:
Narcooooooooos


I found it boring and proper slow, it was "ok"

_________________
Mixes and ting

winston wrote:
their common goal seems to be to live in some bdsm-unicorn utopia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:02 pm 
Offline
decent
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm
Posts: 328
Quote:


FUCK YOU YOU DIRTY IRISH CUNT, DON'T YOU KNOW I'M ALWAYS RIGHT ?????!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

go fuck yourself you bellend :-P

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/djfilthmonger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline
decent
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm
Posts: 328
I have watched the new X-Files I am bit disappointed I must admit. I am currently re-watching X-Files and I am on the second season much better. But there is always a bogey episode here and there with plenty of gems.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/djfilthmonger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting TV / Shows To Watch.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
Slowy J
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm
Posts: 1316
Location: Horsham, UK
Gotta love the X-Files. Classic series. Got the new series on series record so I can watch them all in one go. I loath having to wait a week for each episode. No spoilers please!

I just got done watching the first 4 series of The Walking Dead. I couldn't remember where I'd watched up to so just started the whole series again. Got the bluray of Series 5 on its way. Great series imo although I hope they don't go too '24' and kill off all the main characters so it just comes down to 1 or 2 main characters that you give a fuck about. That's what kind of killed 24 off in the end I think.

_________________
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.