Facebook/self promotion

General Chat // Music Discussion
ste
Jan : )
Re: Facebook/self promotion

Post by ste »

yeah guess thats a big problem on FB these days... but first problem is with the user (as always).

my rules:
1/ do not friend everybody which is friend with anybody just to have friends... i do add some producers i dont know personally for sure and i do get some good contacts out of these friends but i dont friend "dj-masterskill-xyz-uk-to-italy" who has 329 groups and is friend with 4987 other random nerds.

2/ if someone spams to much i check his intention and when he appears to be do like 20 shitty mixes and 5 shitty tracks a week and never make something intersteing.... delete. i dont want to be elitist and just be friend with the "cool guys" but i dont see the point to give attention to a random nerd in need of attention. i am friend with a lot of unknown guys and peopel who never every released anything but i feel they take music as serious thing... thats the point to me.

3/ i promote my stuff really vague on my private profile. i think private profile should be handled as... private thing. i dont talk to my mum and my sisters about my latest track like 10 times a day so why do that on FB? i send pm to people i know good and i post tracks to groups and i run i site on FB which i dont promote hard. i like to have people who are interested on that site not everybody