Techno: What, How and Why

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Techno: What, How and Why

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hades wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Impossible, depressing, enlightening, wonderful, fulfilling, draining....
Worthwhile.
exactly that.
sometimes you go through all these emotions in just a few hours time. :P
Truth
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Hades wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Impossible, depressing, enlightening, wonderful, fulfilling, draining....
Worthwhile.
exactly that.
sometimes you go through all these emotions in just a few hours time. :P
Truth
hear, hear

tuuluuwag
Unfriended

Post by tuuluuwag »

Worthwhile.
haha. totally agree. i am my own worst enemy
make. shit. happen.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote: I just (probably causing frustration to the label) don`t big up my own releases. I`m generally embarassed by a lot of my work and find it frustrating.
WHAT? What are you embarrassed about....

Oh the usual, songs aren't good enough, production not good enough, music is not relevant yadayada.
It holds me back from releasing, I never send out demo`s, I trash about 90% of what I make.
This is the life of an artist I think.
Is that relative, or internal?

I'm interested because my doubts are relative.

I make a track and think 'yeah, for me, that's pretty good...'

Then I hear something by someone good, and my finger heads for the 'delete project button'.

So I'm guessing yours aren't relative?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Oh it's both relative and internal.
New Shit

moodygoo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by moodygoo »

I started making electronics when I was 13. It was Music Generator 2000 on Playstation, and considering it was on a gaming console, it was a very neat piece of amateur music production software. Then, when I was about 16 I completely went instrumental, played guitars and percussion. In 2007-2008 with help of some nice drum and bass (including Pendulum), I got back into electronics and started making stuff with Reason 3. Short after I was hooked on GOA and psytrance, and had a mate who produced darkpsy with Ableton Live, and I liked his ability to have VST's. A couple years after I got myself Ableton Live, made some psytrance. Had one track participated in a compilation in Ektoplazm, altho it was a nooby track. Anyway, I dropped psytrance since it became shit, and the crowd was very shit too. Felt urge for some more solid music, and found techtrance, and short after I have discovered Massimo Vivona and that was basically it. I knew what I wanted. Later on I took a few year break and went back instrumental, and now, again, I'm glad to be back at producing electronics and playing drums in a doom metal band. Doing both works just fine.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Drums in a doom band you say.....
My album is heavily doom influenced.
Don't fancy recording some beats in exchange for mastering work or some other trade do you? I sold my acoustic and electronic drum kits a while back and programming is never quite the same, even with good multi samples.
New Shit