Acoustic Room Correction Technology

General Chat // Music Discussion
P-_
Jan : )
Acoustic Room Correction Technology

Post by P-_ »

Just noticed Lost to the Voids' post in "parametric EQ for osx" about room correction gear and thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone had any experience or recommendations when it comes to these technologies.

I know of two so far...

There's the IKmultimedia ARC system that Voidsy mentioned, which is a microphone and plugin deal... http://www.ikmultimedia.com/arc/features/

and there's KRK ergo, which is an interface and microphone job. http://www.krkergo.com/

Any thoughts on these products would be great as it seems like something that's worth investing in, especially if you've got a less than ideal room... or would the money be better spent on treating the room instead?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Acoustic Room Correction Technology

Post by Lost to the Void »

I use JBL LSR4328P Monitors and the RMC system (and calibrated mic) built in is superb.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

madATme
clown

Post by madATme »

Well as far as the gearslutz dudes say and i would agree them this is good for tunig if you have nearly no accustic issues in your room but if you have them it wont save you from treating them.
Example Reflections: Reflections cant be cut out by a eq but maybe the eq tries to cut them out and then... There is nothing that you can do exept putting up diffusors
"never trust your own eyes
believe what you are told"

Obey Giant

Dirk L
Jan : )

Post by Dirk L »

I'm very interested in these too and they are definitely on my to get list.

Can you hear much of a difference if you turn in on and off? One of the reasons why I am nervous about buying one is if it doesnt work. If that sounds reasonable?

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

I've looked into the ergo myself ... comes with a hefty fucking price though ... the only way I would consider buying it would be if I could spend some time testing it first!

Ant
Alf Garnett

Post by Ant »

If you buy from Digital Village they give a 30 day money back guarantee when buying online. BTW I don't work for them, but I do like to buy b-stock from them that has been returned under this guarantee ;)
gavisthename wrote:I've looked into the ergo myself ... comes with a hefty fucking price though ... the only way I would consider buying it would be if I could spend some time testing it first!

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

There's the answer then ... anyone gonna try it? ;-)