Best BOILER ROOM moments

General Chat // Music Discussion
Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Best BOILER ROOM moments

Post by Mono-xID »

I never understood what the fuck this boiler room shit is about. But this is quite funny. This is fuel for my eternal hipster-hate :lol: !!!
What a bunch of wankers!!!

youtu.be/_BJQ0RF_LB4
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

mainst09
Traits
Re: Best BOILER ROOM moments

Post by mainst09 »

hahahahahhahahaha brilliant
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

mick
Chernobyl

Post by mick »

Boiler Room is horrible. Been there once, when ben klock and nina kraviz played.
It's waaaay to crowded, people are just there to be on the camera, and the people in front cant dance.

I actually left right when ben started playing because the crowd pissed me off so much. Watching or listening to the sets at home is a much better idea.

Senko
decent

Post by Senko »

mick wrote:Boiler Room is horrible. Been there once, when ben klock and nina kraviz played.
It's waaaay to crowded, people are just there to be on the camera, and the people in front cant dance.

I actually left right when ben started playing because the crowd pissed me off so much. Watching or listening to the sets at home is a much better idea.
I actually watched Ben's full set. Was quite nice.

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

You guys are funny shit today.

I don't understand the incessant need to dislike stuff, but hey whatever gets you by.
Cue 3 2013 - Devil's Advocate.

See what this is all about at oddmyth.ca

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I dislike people who just show-offs, i dislike trend following/train jumping, I dislike all this superficious egocentric bullshit, i dislike fake phoney people. And when i watch this Boiler Room crap,i see all of the things i dislike.

Yeah,i dislike it....with a passion. :D

Edit: but oddmyth, c'mon man....it's nothing new that most subsekters don't like that shit and you know that. ;)

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

Mono, if we've learned one thing about me, it's that I'm a contrarian at heart and more than that I gave up giving a fuck about what other people do around me a long time ago because it's really just an utter waste of energy.

I see a lot of what I came from in many people on this forum and I think that's why I'm more contrary here than anywhere else. I'm telling younger brash as fuck oddmyth he wasted time expressing dislike about shit that never mattered in the first place.

There's a lot of truth in the shit I post, but there's a lot of life lessons that I'm still teaching myself.

I think it's imperative to present a well rounded conversation, but then again, I'd rather see more people on this forum talking about techno than less, and I can tell you from a lot of experience (I've been on message boards since about 91/92) that constant pessimism can drive people off and I've seen a lot of boards fall apart because the message is just to exclusive to a few members.

Anyways was a funny video, but more because it was really trying hard to find fault in something.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I love the boiler room vids, the tits in the background are part of the appeal for me. Who is the Thom Yorke guy btw?

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Initially I thought the Boiler Room concept was cool, since it was opposite Be@TV was generally broadcast from bigger clubs, and bigger organised events.

I thought the idea of showing the other side, dark small clubs. DJ, a crowd in the know, intimate. Would give an insight to some good heads down techno. Maybe this was just my interpretation.
I don't think it's that anymore. Unfortunately what I described above cannot be manufactured. The secret invite only thing I imagined is nothing of the sort. Pretty much every time it comes to London most regulars know about it, and so it's just become more of a mid week social than people thinking "Oh I've got a chance to see xxxx in really intimate surroundings". Basically the music has come secondary.

At least with Be@tv the atmosphere and everything else is authentic, the people are there for the party not because it's being broadcast.

There's an unfortunate clash with the boiler room in that dance music is currently very cool, so hipsters will be very drawn to the idea of getting themselves on camera, so they can show off to their mates. where as there will be the contingent off camera who're doing their thing an having a good old dance.

Personally I think they should do away with the visuals and broadcast audio only, I reckon it would weed out the phoney crowd, and increase the atmosphere which would only benefit the performers.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Boiler Room are cunts. Sometimes they schedule things for the same night as we have our Wednesday mix. They'll never win :D

________

That video is hilarious. Poor Thom Yorke. God.. no-one was into that at all, were they. The Trap crew - lol
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

ashley BORG wrote: I thought the idea of showing the other side, dark small clubs. DJ, a crowd in the know, intimate. Would give an insight to some good heads down techno. Maybe this was just my interpretation.
I never thought the concept of Boiler Room was club oriented whatsoever, many of the first feeds were in full lighting and just in strange, mostly small places, because you didn't need a lot space when all you were doing was broadcasting a DJ on video.

I always thought it was more to put big names DJ'ing in front of a camera, whoever was there was secondary and not at all of any importance, mostly DJ friends and whatnot, it's much more fun to play to a crowd than to play by yourself on camera.

I can't comment on the rest, I don't get or see hipsters where you guys see hipsters and moreover if hipsters want to go see techno DJ's then are the really all that different than Mono ;) :o :o :o

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

oddmyth wrote:
ashley BORG wrote: I thought the idea of showing the other side, dark small clubs. DJ, a crowd in the know, intimate. Would give an insight to some good heads down techno. Maybe this was just my interpretation.
I never thought the concept of Boiler Room was club oriented whatsoever, many of the first feeds were in full lighting and just in strange, mostly small places, because you didn't need a lot space when all you were doing was broadcasting a DJ on video.

I always thought it was more to put big names DJ'ing in front of a camera, whoever was there was secondary and not at all of any importance, mostly DJ friends and whatnot, it's much more fun to play to a crowd than to play by yourself on camera.

I can't comment on the rest, I don't get or see hipsters where you guys see hipsters and moreover if hipsters want to go see techno DJ's then are the really all that different than Mono ;) :o :o :o

Yeah that was my interpretation of the concept, I may and probably am wrong.

I've had the opportunity to go to a few of the London ones, but it doesn't really appeal. Here in London we do have quite an overload of hipsters. The genre surfers who just want to be seen at the "coolest" parties. Usually they frequent the Hot Creations parties and Visionquest but occasionally, usually after a trip to Ibiza they go on a hunt for Techno, because "it's alright" and they went out to it on holiday.
The Boiler room ties in with that Ibiza image, when the reality of a normal Techno club is generally very different.

I've got no problems with new comers, everyone was a noob once aye?
Just those too-cool-for-school genre surfers who ride the wave for a summer, before going back to their ipod in winter do my head in. (Although I do generally ignore those people these days).

wormcode
unsure

Post by wormcode »

Planar wrote:I love the boiler room vids, the tits in the background are part of the appeal for me. Who is the Thom Yorke guy btw?
The Radiohead singer.I was just talking about that set in the other BR thread. He was playing good tunes but the mixing was pretty much non-existent. Like playing tracks in Winamp haha.

The videos always look sooo boring though. I'm surprised there was people dancing in some of these clips. There's some great sets, but in the videos it's usually like 25 people standing around talking and looking at their phones.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

wormcode wrote:The Radiohead singer.
:o

I just thought it was some random flavour of the week DJ. :oops:

Thumper
decent

Post by Thumper »

I quite like the Boilerroom. There might be a lot of stuff on it I have no interest in, but there is plenty I do. I loved the Helena Hauf show from a couple of weeks ago, and the recent Rob Hood set was fucking banging. Aside from that, there's always been something on it worth watching, even through the archives. THe Ben UFO show from the spring, The LIES Summer Roadshow stuff. I listened to the recent Lord of the Isles thing every day when I was on Skye recently.

The thing about the Boilerroom, I think isn't to take note of the stuff you wouldn't listen to, but to the amount of stuff that you would.

Personally, I prefer the Daytime session. I like being able to see what the DJ is doing without the crowd getting in the way.

I'm glad I could post. My phone kept diverting me to some wierd website about the tv show 'Survivor'. My phone has now gone wonky. I hope the two aren't related...

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Thumper wrote:I quite like the Boilerroom. There might be a lot of stuff on it I have no interest in, but there is plenty I do. I loved the Helena Hauf show from a couple of weeks ago, and the recent Rob Hood set was fucking banging. Aside from that, there's always been something on it worth watching, even through the archives. THe Ben UFO show from the spring, The LIES Summer Roadshow stuff. I listened to the recent Lord of the Isles thing every day when I was on Skye recently.

The thing about the Boilerroom, I think isn't to take note of the stuff you wouldn't listen to, but to the amount of stuff that you would.

Personally, I prefer the Daytime session. I like being able to see what the DJ is doing without the crowd getting in the way.

I'm glad I could post. My phone kept diverting me to some wierd website about the tv show 'Survivor'. My phone has now gone wonky. I hope the two aren't related...
I had the same thing. WTF was that about? Some Yuko.com thing!

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

That Robert Hood Mutek set is awesome!

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

oddmyth wrote: if hipsters want to go see techno DJ's then are the really all that different than Mono ;) :o :o :o
Ha haaa :lol: ...They are different mate, because hipsters stand for nothing exept consumption, fashion shite and other non-relevant shit and they take the things they like from "true" sub-cultures. There is a reason that not many people like them. Even hipsters say they don't like hipsters.

In opposite, i'm the REAL DEAL... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;)

skimpi
broke

Post by skimpi »

I love boiler room, I'm always watching it, yes its full of twats and yes there are some choice people playing, but they have some real good ones on there and the chat can be pure jokes sometimes haha