interview with morbeck

General Chat // Music Discussion
Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt
interview with morbeck

Post by Mslwte »

1. How did growing up in Berlin influence your music?
Since the age of 14 I have been part of Berlin's Hip Hop and Techno scene. Their creativity influenced me a great deal. As it turned out some of these guys and I happened to share the same musical interests. So we started hanging out and made beats together.

2. What were your inspirations when you were growing up?
When I grew up I was inspired by riots, revolutions, darkness, visions, science fiction and end-of-days-scenarios.

3. The Vault Series was set up as a label for you, Sawlin and Subjected to release your material. When you are creating, how much do you collaborate?
Right now I'm collaborating with Subjected because we want to prepare and develop our live act.
But each of us also does his own tracks in his deep and dark "Vault"!

4. Your love of analogue instruments has been mentioned in previous articles. Do you think the future is analogue or digital? Or is there room for both?
I think both have their place in the future and I think both have got good and bad aspects. Many of those synths 'n' effects I use are a analog but I like using various digital instruments and plug-ins as well.
In my opinion every artist has to make his own decision on what he likes to work with. Its the same issue when it comes to DJing (vinyl or digital?). I don't like discussions about whether to prefer the digital way or the analogue one. I think in the end what really is important, is the result!

5. I believe this is your first interview. It seems that you have managed to let your music do all the talking. Have you been surprised by the reception that your music has got?
I have produced a lot of music since I've started being creative.I would never have imagined that my dark side in music's going to be the most successful.

6.In an interview entitled Tea with Subjected, he said the three Vault artists were thinking about a live collaboration. How’s it going?
As I mentioned before, I will continue to do live performances together with Subjected. Entitled "Vault Series (Live)", we did the 1 st performance at a "Grounded Theory" party this October. The next gig will be at the Berghain in January 2012.

7.Your latest release, Last Riot and Nervous City, takes the Vault Series up to 7 releases. How do you see your sound evolving through the series?
I find it hard to be the judge of the development of my own sound. Apart from that I just think it is boring to do it always the same way. So I try to make it different every time that I start a new project. Every track stands for itself.

8. It seems to be a very exciting time for music in Berlin at the moment. Apart from yourselves, whose sound do you particularly like?
With regard to the Berlin Techno artist scene I like, for example, Ancient Methods, Henning Baer, Milton Bradley and Redhead.

9. Where do you see the future of techno and your place in it?
Techno is of course here to stay and will continue to evolve. I'm anxious to see what my place in it will be in the future. I do hope that Techno will take me around the world.
In any case I will keep doing Techno for as long as my ears and mind will let me.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: interview with morbeck

Post by Críoch »

Cool interview.. Love the last line..

"I will keep doing Techno for as long as my ears and mind will let me.."

Quality :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB