New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Kromasome
arsehole
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Kromasome »

Hades wrote:ah, you're all practically neighbors down there.
Haha - totally. I can almost wave over the fence to Suppressor from here in WA (it's that close to Melbourne)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Root wrote:Hey Folks!
This is Root from Frankfurt, Germany. Found this Forum and it looks like i was looking for a place like this for a long time. No "how to technokickdrum" etc threads (okay, not that much), but people knowing their business. I'm producing for some years now and recently found my way more and more into hypnotic, gloomy, rolling (dub)techno. My older productions are more like chilled stuff, my newer ones are heading for the dancefloor. As i'm djing here in local clubs in Frankfurt i'm happy to test my stuff on club systems.
Cheers,
Root
I used to live and work not far away from Frankfurt for 2,5 years.
The extremely boring city of Mainz.
I remember someone once telling me it had like 20.000 students,
and yet, after like 23:00, that city was as dead as a doornail... :)
(and at that moment in time, I just came from a city with 30.000 students which was vibrant as fuck every night of the week)

Anyway, I know Mainz is nothing at all like Frankfurt ;)

Welcome to subsekt.
Just checking out your SC.
I quite like your choice of original sounds and the general melancholic atmosphere you put into your tracks
(if you listen to my music, it's quite obvious why I like this kind of sound :) )
nice work !
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

R08zy wrote:Hi all,

I've just joined the forum after spending a few weeks lurking and getting to know the place. I'm a recent techno convert, coming from a background of drum and bass. I had mixed drum and bass for around 10 years dabbling a little in production, after taking a few years off found techno, created a small DJ setup again and have now decided to start trying to make some tracks for myself.

At the moment I'm attempting to create everything using only what comes with Ableton Suite or is available via max for live. When I used to make DnB I fell into the trap of thinking I needed this plugin or that plugin to get the sound that I wanted. I'm quite new to Ableton so I want to spend at least a year learning everything I can about it before adding anything else.
my "creating a small DJ setup again" has slowly been taking the form of buying far too many records (700 vinyls in 3 years time a few years ago),
and having the plan to turn the old library (room) into a DJ room some day. The new library is almost finished, but yeah, still need to find the time to reshape the old room...

welcome to subsekt, you cunt ! ;)

and if you have some proper DnB tunes to share with us, please do,
there's quite a few of us that can appreciate DnB from time to time.

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

Kromasome wrote:
Haha - totally. I can almost wave over the fence to Suppressor from here in WA (it's that close to Melbourne)

Hi! From over the Fence :D

How is Perth going in regards to the Techno scene? I know that DnB is enormous and you always get the big guys there on New Years, but not sure about the Techno scene?

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Hades wrote:
Root wrote:Hey Folks!
This is Root from Frankfurt, Germany. Found this Forum and it looks like i was looking for a place like this for a long time. No "how to technokickdrum" etc threads (okay, not that much), but people knowing their business. I'm producing for some years now and recently found my way more and more into hypnotic, gloomy, rolling (dub)techno. My older productions are more like chilled stuff, my newer ones are heading for the dancefloor. As i'm djing here in local clubs in Frankfurt i'm happy to test my stuff on club systems.
Cheers,
Root
I used to live and work not far away from Frankfurt for 2,5 years.
The extremely boring city of Mainz.
I remember someone once telling me it had like 20.000 students,
and yet, after like 23:00, that city was as dead as a doornail... :)
(and at that moment in time, I just came from a city with 30.000 students which was vibrant as fuck every night of the week)

Anyway, I know Mainz is nothing at all like Frankfurt ;)

Welcome to subsekt.
Just checking out your SC.
I quite like your choice of original sounds and the general melancholic atmosphere you put into your tracks
(if you listen to my music, it's quite obvious why I like this kind of sound :) )
nice work !

haha, yeah, i know Mainz and 've been there after 23:00.. and you're right. Most people come from Mainz to Frankfurt, when they want clubexperiences with quality electronic music. So does the whole Rhein-Main-Area.. In Frankfurt we've got a living underground scene, besides some nice clubs. There are a lot of off locations, changing from time to time.

Cool, that you feel my melancholic atmosphere. That's what i'm after in a lot of my sound..
:geek:

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

suppressor wrote:
Kromasome wrote:

Hi! From over the Fence :D

How is Perth going in regards to the Techno scene? I know that DnB is enormous and you always get the big guys there on New Years, but not sure about the Techno scene?
Haha - well, I'm pretty much a hermit at the moment with 3 fairly young kids making it hard to get out. Perth has some fairly good house/techno nights but I live out of Perth a bit and the only decent gigs in my town are mostly based on Trap/DnB (and I'm probably too old these days to try and break into the scene even if I wanted to). So I haven't actually played a proper set down here (used to play regularly at pub/clubs a long time ago but they aren't anything I'm interested in these days - sorry if that sounds snobby, but I've played enough pub-rock to last a lifetime!!).

I still love producing though, and it's pretty much all I do when I'm not at work or spending time with the kids (ie an hour or two each night after the kids are in bed).

You've got some good sounds going on from what I've heard so far - this is a really good place to help push things further if that's what you're looking for - some really good quality advice from guys with a lot of knowledge and without too much crap to sort through. If you're willing to put in some effort (which you are from what I can see) then you'll get some fair and honest feedback/discussion in return.

Nice to see another forum member from this side of the pond!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Root wrote:
Cool, that you feel my melancholic atmosphere. That's what i'm after in a lot of my sound..
If you ever come across a small guy in the Frankfurt area called David Stewart, tell him I said hi and I wish him all the best,
he used to be a colleague of mine back in my Mainz days,
and afaik he's still DJ'ing and runs a small online techno label nowadays.

Regarding the melancholic atmosphere :
I wish I really felt this was a choice of mine, rather than something that creeps into pretty much 90% of my tracks.
When I browsed through some of my (really) old projects last summer, I came to realize that I used to make happy sounding house one day.
Things just changed when my life just changed.
Shit happens that changes your life for good, and in my case, it was my favorite sister dying of cancer (at the time being even younger than I currently am at the moment).
She was the only other creative one in our family, and I miss her every day.
So yeah, not asking for strings here and extra drama, I'm far past that point (she died 5 years ago, though it feels like yesterday to me),
but I'm just trying to say that somehow I've found it pretty much impossible to make happy sounding music ever since... :)
Life has it's funny ways to sneaking upon you when you think everything's ok...

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Hades wrote:
Root wrote:
If you ever come across a small guy in the Frankfurt area called David Stewart, tell him I said hi and I wish him all the best,
he used to be a colleague of mine back in my Mainz days,
and afaik he's still DJ'ing and runs a small online techno label nowadays.

Regarding the melancholic atmosphere :
I wish I really felt this was a choice of mine, rather than something that creeps into pretty much 90% of my tracks.
When I browsed through some of my (really) old projects last summer, I came to realize that I used to make happy sounding house one day.
Things just changed when my life just changed.
Shit happens that changes your life for good, and in my case, it was my favorite sister dying of cancer (at the time being even younger than I currently am at the moment).
She was the only other creative one in our family, and I miss her every day.
So yeah, not asking for strings here and extra drama, I'm far past that point (she died 5 years ago, though it feels like yesterday to me),
but I'm just trying to say that somehow I've found it pretty much impossible to make happy sounding music ever since... :)
Life has it's funny ways to sneaking upon you when you think everything's ok...
..very sorry to hear that, man. And yes, i guess you're right, i tend to say i've choosen this atmosphere in my sound, but somehow it just comes out of me when making music. All in all that's a strengh of music to me. You can express yourself, deal with feelings etc... And maybe it's just your way of coping with what you have to struggle with. That's how i use making music, what strenghtens me and even my sound, i guess.

I'll watch out for David, maybe i'll see him somewhere :)
:geek:

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Hello everyone,

I'm an aging electronic music fan and hobbyist producer. Like house, IDM, some dubstep, loads of dub techno and techno wise: Luke Slater, Surgeon, UR, Blawan, Rob Hood, Dozzy Donato and The Black Dog among others.

Was lurking but joined to talk music and production.

Cheers

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

well, join the fun !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

[wesellboxes] wrote:I'm an aging electronic music fan and hobbyist producer.
Always good to see more older cunts here,
so we can get old and grumpy in big numbers :D

LosTabarnacos
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by LosTabarnacos »

Hello!
My name is Andre and I'm from Quebec, Canada. I like Monolake, Claro Intelecto, Shlømo, Kwartz, Surgeon...
I used to produce with hardware in the 90s-2000s, sequencing everything with Cubase on an old Atari 1040st. I'm trying to come back to production at the moment but with software only. I also spend a lot of time making my own intruments with Reaktor...probably too much time. :lol:
My english is not very good so please be indulgent! ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

don't worry about it, your English is perfectly fine.
and if not, some of us do speak French as well.
welcome to subsekt.

LosTabarnacos
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by LosTabarnacos »

Hades wrote:don't worry about it, your English is perfectly fine.
and if not, some of us do speak French as well.
welcome to subsekt.
Thank you! :)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Hades wrote: some of us do speak French as well.

Ha!

That's not what a true 'Flandrien' would say.....

kertikristof
Wastedddd

Post by kertikristof »

welcome to subsekt.
This forum is all about French kisses. ;)
https://intech.studio <- Modular MIDI controllers, MaxForLive devices, DIY Eurorack panels and intech life.
@ https://www.instagram.com/intechstudio/

LosTabarnacos
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by LosTabarnacos »

jordanneke wrote:

Ha!

That's not what a true 'Flandrien' would say.....
Il a oublié les frites?

LosTabarnacos
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by LosTabarnacos »

0xa wrote:
welcome to subsekt.
I knew there was a strong brotherhood on this board. :lol:

tenga
brown envelope

Post by tenga »

Welcome "LosTabarnacos"!!

by the way your nickname is hilarious :lol:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Tabarnaco

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

LosTabarnacos wrote:
0xa wrote:
welcome to subsekt.
I knew there was a strong brotherhood on this board. :lol:
usually our humor goes way deeper than just French kisses... :lol: