New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
SFBM
&roid
Re: New members say hello...

Post by SFBM »

akirawithv wrote:Hello there cunts, I'm Alex or Vkira

Hades got me into this mess...

I've been producing and DJing Techno/House for almost 2 years now here in Rio De Janeiro.

My first influences were Gui Boratto and Daft Punk when I was a kid but now I've been listening a lot to DVS1, Keith Carnal, Echonomist, Matrixxman, Etapp Kyle, Yan Cook... But i really like so many styles, it depends on my mood. I'm really into dark n dubby grooves with soulful melodies. Fun or introspective tracks are always welcome depending on the day!

I started in the Progressive/Deep House area, but now I'm changing my sound to traditional Techno and that's why I came here, to learn new skills so I can produce this type of music. Maybe I can share the little I know with whomever is interested in. These were my first days at school here and have already been learning so much here lately, thanks u cunts! hehehhehehe
Welcome to subsekt, Alex! Daft Punk was one of my first main influences in Dance Music, and recently I've been getting back into their earlier stuff heavily and wading my feet into house production a bit more. Some great Techno artists you've listed there as well, I've played a lot of their tracks in my earlier sets, but really need to dig back into their other works and get more of their stuff. Keen to hear any of your productions if you've got them uploaded!

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

Hey SFBM!

I've been searching the early daft punk music too recently and it's amazing! Have you hear Le Knight Club??? I think is Guy Mans side project or something, check it out!

Sure mate, You can check out my first releases on my soundcloud page, is not quite the style i've been working on lately, but there is something about me anyways! I'll keel u guys updated whenever there is new stuff online!

http://www.souncloud.com/vkiramusic
Last edited by akirawithv on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diving into the black hole...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

well, I'm gonna be fucking brutally honest...
whenever that "Homework" album came out,
during my univ years...
uhhhhh, fucking hated that totally nagging repetitive "around the world, around the woooo-ooorld" (x5687)
sample. Just couldn't stand it.
These guys got world famous while Laurent Garnier only got half their fame for twice the quality of work.

Up to this day there's only 1 track I like by these guys (and it's just a remix),
but in the same time period, I did totally dig Plastikman's "Consumed", as soon as it got out,
and if I remember correctly, that only came out half a year later, if even that.
So I refuse to believe I could have blamed that on my youth. :)

But anyway, I take total credit for being guilty of dragging akirawithv into all of this mess...
so you can blame it all on me ! ;)

and hello again Akira ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

ahhahahaha thanks hades!! will check that plastikman's track!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

also Akira, promise to try and get back with feedback to your track asap. :)
been a complicated last few weeks,
mostly other folks with complicated complications on complicated problems they dragged upon their complicated lives... but what can you do apart from listening and trying to uncomplicate shit,
or something complicated like that. :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

akirawithv wrote:ahhahahaha thanks hades!! will check that plastikman's track!
the whole album's great,
but the title track is the absolute beauty of deep, driving, minimalistic techno,
in the days when mr haaaaaawwwttiiinnnn (trying to avoid the automatic spelling changer, try typing the name yourself) made top quality music and not the recent shit he's been doing the last decade or so

youtu.be/OKs2Q0NkO0g

totally different to Daft Punk of course,
but just remembering 2 timeless albums that came out in those days only a few months apart

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

trully timeless....What an atmosphere!!! loving this track!! Thanks man!

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

akirawithv wrote:Hey SFBM!

I've been searching the early daft punk music too recently and it's amazing! Have you hear Le Knight Club??? I think is Guy Mans side project or something, check it out!

Sure mate, You can check out my first releases on my soundcloud page, is not quite the style i've been working on lately, but there is something about me anyways! I'll keel u guys updated whenever there is new stuff online!

http://www.souncloud.com/vkiramusic
I'll check out your soundcloud :).

Yeah I know Le Knight Club well. I think Crydamoure was Guy-Mann's label, and Roule was Bangalter's label. Lots of amazing stuff on both of them (if you're a fan of classic filter/disco/french house). Listen to Alive 1997 or their Live set at Rex Club, Paris (1997) if you want to hear the true, raw Daft Punk. I love both those sets to death.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Had a listen to your stuff, Alex, some very nice tracks there. Not specifically my ideal style, but I love a lot of the lush, atmospheric and melodic vibes you have going in there! Keen to see what you have to come!

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

:) Thanks mate!!! Really happy u liked it, will check your stuff too, do u have any links?

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

akirawithv wrote::) Thanks mate!!! Really happy u liked it, will check your stuff too, do u have any links?
http://soundcloud.com/sfbm

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

SFBM wrote: Listen to Alive 1997
I was at that gig in the Que Club.

Man I feel old

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:
SFBM wrote: Listen to Alive 1997
I was at that gig in the Que Club.

Man I feel old
that's simply cause you are old, you cunt !
stop fooling yourself.
I only started refooling myself briefly very recently, though of course I should know better... :lol:
;)

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

Just checked out your release at one4sevenone, really col stuff man, nice atmosphere and timbres. Dancin stuff u got there!!

stymiek
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by stymiek »

Hi All,
My name is S TY MI E K but I 've had to change to a new psudonym, Tripmal Gruver, due to there being a number of individuals with the name as an artist around the world at large.
In any case , I'm a producer DJ of Techno with a trippy twist due to being a longtime spinner of Classic Trance. (Eye Q, Jam & Spoon. Pete Namlook)
I grew up classically trained on the violin, spun on 12s for more than half my life now, minored in Sound Engineering in college & had the pleasure of pressing vinyl & releasing stuff on my own label.
I cut my teeth spinning Italo Disco ( "China Town"- Cruising Gang, Ken Lazlo, Midnite Passion ) & the quality of the pressings back then & the stuff that was coming out of Chicago were unequaled seeing how most of the tracks were recorded on a half inch & straight to a Neumann.
My favorite producers i greatly admire are Larry Heard, Oliver Lieb Laurent Veronez & recently i've been getting into a lot of Johannes Heil.
My gears of choice are Roland & Novation synths (although I have quite a bit more but a lot less than Junkie XL),
KORG Triton, Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 Rev 3, Akai Mpc 2kXL, Access Virus C.
Lexicon Fx, Maselac Parametric EQ
Soft: Cubase 5, Pro Tools, Serum, Cakewalk Z3 TA, Massive, Absynth, Omnisphere, D16, Brainworx, Roger Nichols Uniquealizer, Wavelab, Soundforge, Catanya, Sontec 432 parametric EQ, Waves, Fab Filter
Waves L2- I've tried others but the L2 simply is so effortless without artifacts; very clean limiter.

To this day out of all my synths, I still struggle programming the 303 despite having it for 19 years & coming up with some catchy blues based riffs & mindbending acid licks. Most of the time, they're happy accidents by inserting in dying batteries. That's the secret.

Which ones do I use? all of them. Noodle here print to MIDI there, lay down a riff on the MPC , quantize and remit to Cubase and substituting with Serum etc
What I'm thinking about lately:
My ongoing research and debate on properly summing your mixes without losing a minimum of dual generation losses.

Recently, I've moved back to Chicago & developed a Mastering company, Labworx & a made to order Digital Audio Workstations PC outfit.

I'm an avid fan of the Grateful Dead which I find their Live music to be soul enriching & healing.
Recommend: "Franklin's Tower" Madison Square Garden fall Tour 1993 as played by Jerry on his "Lightning Bolt" custom guitar. "Roll away the dew." Choon indeed!
https://archive.org/details/gd93-09-...565.sbeok.shnf

I'm here to be a good steward of Subsekt; engage, observe, contribute, help foster communication & provide unconditional support to this community; be about we as opposed to me, myself & I.
Thanks!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

stymiek wrote: (although I have quite a bit more but a lot less than Junkie XL),
I used to be a big fan of Junkie XL's old work, but only recently discovered his video's.
You should check out Thomas P Heckmann if you really want to have your mind blown.
stymiek wrote: To this day out of all my synths, I still struggle programming the 303 despite having it for 19 years & coming up with some catchy blues based riffs & mindbending acid licks. Most of the time, they're happy accidents by inserting in dying batteries. That's the secret.
Had my 303 for 4 or 5 years now. Still suck at programming it. I should honestly just check if the guy from circuitbenders can't install MIDI on it.
Played the TB-03 in a store yesterday, was actually quite surprised how good it sounded. But why on earth they had to use those same kind of flimsy tiny knobs...
stymiek wrote: I'm here to be a good steward of Subsekt; engage, observe, contribute, help foster communication & provide unconditional support to this community; be about we as opposed to me, myself & I.
Thanks!
that sounds promising.
it's probably because you're and old cunt like some of us here that you can just think outside the me myself and I mentality of our current FB generation. :D

welcome to subsekt man ! ;)

also, any music we can listen to ?

GlutenK
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by GlutenK »

Hello, new member here.. im not so good speaking english, but I put all my effort on it to understand the superb topics and learn whith them. Thanks :)

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

welcome guys!

I'm curently considering to buy a 303! Do u guys advise a cyclone or original Roland one? Or none of them!? heheh

Cheers

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I wouldn't bother with a real one tbh.
got one here, and I'm thinking about selling it and replacing it with a clone.
They just became too expensive for the minor difference you might get.

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

i see, do u have any suggestions for a vst that emulates the sound?