New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

LosTabarnacos wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Hades wrote: some of us do speak French as well.

Ha!

That's not what a true 'Flandrien' would say.....
Il a oublié les frites?
pay no attention to that import Belgian cunt. He's probably still getting used to surviving our beer.
He is making a hint to those stupid Flemish cunts that hate the Wallonian part of our country and blame them for everything. (it really is a sport on social media here some times)

Back when the ground floor of my house was still a separate apartment and it was rented out (we bought the house that way), I used to say :
"I have no problem with Wallonians, they pay me decent money every month just to be allowed to stay"

:mrgreen:

I kind of miss their money from time to time...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Hades wrote:
pay no attention to that import Belgian cunt. He's probably still getting used to surviving our beer.
He is making a hint to those stupid Flemish cunts that hate the Wallonian part of our country and blame them for everything. (it really is a sport on social media here some times)

Back when the ground floor of my house was still a separate apartment and it was rented out (we bought the house that way), I used to say :
"I have no problem with Wallonians, they pay me decent money every month just to be allowed to stay"

:mrgreen:

I kind of miss their money from time to time...
Whenever I need to call Wallonia or Brussel, I ask my Flemish colleagues if they can speak French for me. They always reply 'Bwa, my French is for sure terrible....'

They then proceed to speak perfect grammatical French with superb pronunciation.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

the problem is Jordan, that shit like you just described isn't happening on a frequently basis in Wallonia.
(now please allow me to go on the only single rant/grudge that I will hold/have against Wallonians)
If we'd only get the same kind of language treatment back like we offer them,
I think a lot of the narrow/simple-minded Flemish people would have a lot less to complain about.

I have a very close friend of mine who is from Namur.
Teacher by trade.
She speaks English with a true Oxford accent (though her grammar is better than mine, her vocabulary is worse than mine) because she used to date a guy from Oxford.
She speaks Flemish with a true Limburg accent because she used to date a guy from Limburg.
She speaks German with a lovely Bonn accent because she went there on Erasmus.

Whenever we meet, we speak English.
If we give books to each other, it's always in English.
I only switch to French or German or Flemish if there are others in our company that speak that language.
Same thing for her.

She complains all the time about the extremely poor language skills where she comes from.
But yeah, a lof of that comes from a poor educational system... :|

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

Heya subsekt :twisted:

Been idling for a while now. Thought it was about time to say hello.

Swedish, male.

Been loving music my entire life. Played in some minor bands when young, mostly guitar and drums. The last year's I've fell for techno. I have a hard time pointing out which techno, but some of my all time faves are Developer, Subjected, Mikael Jonasson, Tensal, Rhomb.

Owned a pair of 1000-players for 2 years now and sometimes fiddle in ableton.

So yeah... hiya :ugeek:

LosTabarnacos
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by LosTabarnacos »

Hades wrote:
usually our humor goes way deeper than just French kisses... :lol:
In this case, ''bromance'' would have been a more appropriate word. :lol:
tenga wrote:Welcome "LosTabarnacos"!!

by the way your nickname is hilarious :lol:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Tabarnaco
Gracias! :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Leskey wrote: Swedish, male.
:ugeek:
Mattias ?
Mattias ??

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

Hades wrote:
Leskey wrote: Swedish, male.
:ugeek:
Mattias ?
Mattias ??

Not Mattias :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ow I know you're not Mattias.

It was just a subtle attempt at some of our subsekt humor. ;)

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Hello everyone,
I only got introduced to techno music fairly recently (one or two years ago) and felt instant love with this kind of music, I know there are some veterans here that have been listening to it since prehistoric times so respect for you :D
I'm also 21 years old and a moroccan citizen , hence why I spent most of my life not knowing about techno.
Some artists and labels that inspire me in no particular order : Monoloc, planetary assault system, woo york, shdw and obscure shape, O phase, rodhad, cleric, regal, karenn, mind against, radio slave (anyways you get the image)
I've also been trying to produce music since 2010 in FL studio (I was something like 15 at that time), so I have not made any progress until last year where I started getting serious about it, So I got ableton live suite last month and now I'm still learning the DAW. So yes even in music production i'm a noob, but what can I say , we all have to start somewhere so bear with me haha.
And I guess that's all I can come up with right now

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Amon Derrich wrote:Hello everyone,
I only got introduced to techno music fairly recently (one or two years ago) and felt instant love with this kind of music, I know there are some veterans here that have been listening to it since prehistoric times so respect for you :D
I'm also 21 years old and a moroccan citizen , hence why I spent most of my life not knowing about techno.
Some artists and labels that inspire me in no particular order : Monoloc, planetary assault system, woo york, shdw and obscure shape, O phase, rodhad, cleric, regal, karenn, mind against, radio slave (anyways you get the image)
I've also been trying to produce music since 2010 in FL studio (I was something like 15 at that time), so I have not made any progress until last year where I started getting serious about it, So I got ableton live suite last month and now I'm still learning the DAW. So yes even in music production i'm a noob, but what can I say , we all have to start somewhere so bear with me haha.
And I guess that's all I can come up with right now
1st of all, I'm glad we finally get a more diverse crowd in here,
because let's face it : subsekt is mostly the typical EU techno lover, with a few cunts from down under to spice things up, and once in a while an idiot from the US sneaks in because we lower our guards... ;)

For someone who has only recently fell in love with techno, you sure already developed a taste for the right kind if you ask me (because of course tastes just differ from person to person).

There's some good stuff on your SC (especially your last track).

Glad to have you here.
You'll discover soon enough this is pretty much the best place online for techno production tips !

welcome to subsekt ! ;)

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Thank you my friend, it's a real pleasure to be part of such a community with some great people as I noticed trough browsing the boards , cheers

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

Hey everyone. I'm Mike. 24 years old now. I grew up listening to electronic music, the siblings got me into techno at an early age with Joey Beltram and other NY locals. I still live in NY with the thriving scene here in Brooklyn. I have been producing and DJing for about 9 years, but just started getting into techno production about 2 years ago. What I like about producing techno is that its very open and free compared to the other genres of electronic music. I'm able to improvise and not feel constrained to do things a certain way. I've been creeping on this forum for a couple of months now since I discovered it, and I finally created an account today. It seems like a really tight knit community of people who have love for the music. Looking forward to interacting with everyone :D

HazLoss
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by HazLoss »

Yo guys!

My name is Harry - have been producing on and off for about 4 years as a hobby. Starting to take my Techno production seriously and pulling my hair out when A/B against some of the beasts currently on here (good jobs btw). Studied music audio technology for my degree and ended up in TV broadcasting as a job - always the way. Hoping to get out of this rekindle that passion for CHOONZZZ. What I love about techno production is that it can be as rough or defined as it wants and no limits on soundscapes, space, synths and structure. Was into Hard house/house for ages and was blown away when start to properly listen to Techno about 4 years ago. Dad got me electronic music, and he can still dance to it better than me and he is 55.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

HazLoss wrote:Yo guys!

My name is Harry - have been producing on and off for about 4 years as a hobby. Starting to take my Techno production seriously and pulling my hair out when A/B against some of the beasts currently on here (good jobs btw). Studied music audio technology for my degree and ended up in TV broadcasting as a job - always the way. Hoping to get out of this rekindle that passion for CHOONZZZ. What I love about techno production is that it can be as rough or defined as it wants and no limits on soundscapes, space, synths and structure. Was into Hard house/house for ages and was blown away when start to properly listen to Techno about 4 years ago. Dad got me electronic music, and he can still dance to it better than me and he is 55.
Welcome, Harry! Looking forward to hearing some of your work! :)

purcer
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by purcer »

Hi

I'm Jasper aka Purcer. I also play as Sample & hold.
I'm producing for 5-6 years now and I'm switching from digital gear to analog atm ( Volca bass, Elektron analog rhytm, Korg monologue, .. )

I like groovy techno ( dubfire, chris liebing ) but i also like Hard pounding techno ( Tommy four seven, Dax J, speedy J )

Cheers

purcer
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by purcer »

Hi

I'm producing for 5-6 years now and I'm switching from digital gear to analog atm ( Volca bass, Elektron analog rhytm, Korg monologue, .. )

I like groovy techno ( dubfire, chris liebing ) but i also like Hard pounding techno ( Tommy four seven, Dax J, speedy J )

Cheers

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

purcer wrote:Hi

Cheers
Hi Jasper! I saw Dax J play a few months ago here and he slayed it! One of my favourite producers and DJ's by far. Welcome to the forums!

Doombrain
tense

Post by Doombrain »

Hi,

Always been into techno but more so this past year.

Really enjoy the dark side such as SNTS, Codex Empire... and hard Nina K.

I enjoy producing electronic music, although I need to improve.

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

Been lurking the forum for quite a while but started posting recently. Been DJ'ing over 10 years, but techno for about 5. Started producing recently after a lot of "false starts."

I enjoy Dozzy/Neel/VFTL, Tozzy, Sabatini, Edit Select, Acronym, Korridor, PAS, etc.

MattAltmanMusic
Face Hugger

Post by MattAltmanMusic »

Hi everyone! I'm Matt and I am both a dj/producer living in Brooklyn. I like the harder, darker, and more percussive styles of techno as well as ambient drone and noise. Some of my favorites are drumcell, Truncate, TF7, Rebekah, Paula Temple, and Yan Cook currently. My hero is Liebing. Nice to meet everyone!