It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 118  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
Today's Active Lifestyles
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 440
Location: Melbourne, Australia
SLHFR wrote:
Hey guys,
found this forum a while ago and now I've decided to join.
I'm from Germany and I got into Techno about two or three years ago. I enjoy a lot of different styles, be it the more straight-forward kind (e.g. Cleric, Setaoc Mass, Dax J, Amotik etc.) or deeper stuff (Deepbass & Ness, Donato Dozzy, Luigi Tozzi and others).

Recently I got into producing and djing aswell, so I hope I'll be able to learn something from you people :)


Welcome to the forums! Luigi Tozzi is playing here (Melbourne) next month, actually. Can't wait to go!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 8
Hi all,

Been lurking for a few months, happy to find a place with an active and informed techno production community.

I'm from London and have been producing on/off (much more off than on tbh) for 15 years. Trying to take things more seriously the last year or so, we'll see where that ends up.

Just returned from a pilgrimage to Berlin, I enjoy techno that is on the darker side, texturally interesting, rhythmically deft. I don't closely follow individual producers but I enjoy the work of Lewis Fautzi, SHDW & Obscure Shape, Tale of Us, Etapp Kyle among others. Or anything that makes me dance really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
Metric Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:10 am
Posts: 269
this thread is pretty good for getting a list of artists i haven't heard of.
am checking out some names on the last couple of pages i didn't recognize.

hello, you'll find this to be a friendly place. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 10:26 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Liverpool, UK
Hey everyone.

Been lurking for months and thought it time I register. Community is great and I've learnt so much reading through everything :) Hope I can contribute!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
welcome, you cunts !

in case you use Live,
I made a free liveset for the subsekt community a few months back.
The topic with details is somewhere in the hole part,
but I won't bore you with reading all that.
It has like 50 different kicks, most of them sampled from my Jomox,
and about 50 or so clips with all kinds of sounds, (lots of good atmospheres and textures)
plus about 15 presets for Analog I programmed from scratch.

It's free, so abuse as much as you please.
Just hit me with a PM on SC if any of you want it
(I would say use the PM here, but if you're new, you can't send PM's until you reached a minimum amount of posts).

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
Penis Riot
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2490
SFBM wrote:
SLHFR wrote:
Hey guys,
found this forum a while ago and now I've decided to join.
I'm from Germany and I got into Techno about two or three years ago. I enjoy a lot of different styles, be it the more straight-forward kind (e.g. Cleric, Setaoc Mass, Dax J, Amotik etc.) or deeper stuff (Deepbass & Ness, Donato Dozzy, Luigi Tozzi and others).

Recently I got into producing and djing aswell, so I hope I'll be able to learn something from you people :)


Welcome to the forums! Luigi Tozzi is playing here (Melbourne) next month, actually. Can't wait to go!


Luigi used to be quite active on this forum.

I guess he 'out-grew' us now ;)

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
Penis Riot
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2490
winston wrote:
this thread is pretty good for getting a list of artists i haven't heard of.
am checking out some names on the last couple of pages i didn't recognize.

hello, you'll find this to be a friendly place. :)


Ha ha ha ha ha, Winston you just made me choke on my beer.

You are indeed the master of irony.
:D

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
fancy woman

Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Barcelona
Hi guys,

been on here for a few weeks, but better late than never a few words about me:

Some of you will know me from my earlier house music releases and my label OFF Recordings, but since 2-3 years i grew tired of that sound, and decided to reinvent myself with techno, and move from being "the guy behind a wellknown label" to a producer.

For that i've been pretty obsessively producing music since around 2 years.

Wish i had discovered this forum before, as i really feel it can help a lot to ask advice about tricky things in terms of production; and i also enjoy sharing what i know with others. Besides i love the family vibe around here; which gives a healthy social touch to the often hermit-like life in the studio!

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/andre-crom


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
Andre_Crom wrote:
Wish i had discovered this forum before, as i really feel it can help a lot to ask advice about tricky things in terms of production; and i also enjoy sharing what i know with others. Besides i love the family vibe around here; which gives a healthy social touch to the often hermit-like life in the studio!



Hi André,
as I said before : this forum is the best place I know on the internet to learn more about techno production.
You can learn more by looking at old topics here than if you'd watch 20 hours of youtube tutorials.

and yes, the family vibe, as you describe it, is most certainly there,
we might be a brutal bunch from time to time,
and we love anal jokes (it's been an ongoing issue for years now,
any homophobic asshole who feels uncomfortable about this can go fuck himself 8-) ),
but we have an open mind for anything as long as people treat us with respect.

welcome to subsekt !

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:17 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 5
Location: London, UK
Hi!

New here, some interesting content here which i'm glad to have come across.
I have DJ'ed since 2005, released music since 2008 and run a techno/electronica label since this year. Based in London

Cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:49 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
Boisvelone wrote:
Hi!

New here, some interesting content here which i'm glad to have come across.
I have DJ'ed since 2005, released music since 2008 and run a techno/electronica label since this year. Based in London

Cheers!



welcome to subsekt.

any links to your music ?

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 5
Location: London, UK
Hades wrote:
Boisvelone wrote:
Hi!

New here, some interesting content here which i'm glad to have come across.
I have DJ'ed since 2005, released music since 2008 and run a techno/electronica label since this year. Based in London

Cheers!



welcome to subsekt.

any links to your music ?


Hi,

I prefer to remain anonymous. But i'ts possible some of diggers here have come across a recent vinyl release of mine :)

Thanks and looking forward to learn / contribute here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:45 am 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Detroit / Jupiter
Hello Everyone,
My name is Billy, I was born and raised in Detroit Michigan, but am now momentarily living in Florida.
I am most into dark hypnotic techno & harder techno.
Some of my influences are Jeff Mills, Plastikman, Rrose, Sleeparchive, DVS1, Andy Stott, O phase, SHXCXCHCXSH, Function, ect.
I have been producing for about 5 years but have been taking it more seriously over the last couple years,
glad to be apart of this community, looks awesome.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/wco4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
Boisvelone wrote:
Hi,

I prefer to remain anonymous. But i'ts possible some of diggers here have come across a recent vinyl release of mine :)

Thanks and looking forward to learn / contribute here


is it that bad ? :D

seriously though, why remain anonymous ?
The best/worst that can happen here is we call you a cunt ! ;)

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
WCO4 wrote:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Billy, I was born and raised in Detroit Michigan, but am now momentarily living in Florida.
I am most into dark hypnotic techno & harder techno.
Some of my influences are Jeff Mills, Plastikman, Rrose, Sleeparchive, DVS1, Andy Stott, O phase, SHXCXCHCXSH, Function, ect.
I have been producing for about 5 years but have been taking it more seriously over the last couple years,
glad to be apart of this community, looks awesome.


welcome new cunt !
just had a listen to your music.
your newest track was urmm, hefty !

How did you end up in Jupiter when you're from Detroit ?
That's quite the change of weather/scenery/mentality, no ?

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Detroit / Jupiter
Hades wrote:
welcome new cunt !
just had a listen to your music.
your newest track was urmm, hefty !

How did you end up in Jupiter when you're from Detroit ?
That's quite the change of weather/scenery/mentality, no ?


Hey Hades, thank you, I appreciate that!

I have been in Jupiter for a couple years, I am here helping take care of my grandmother & just taking a break from the city. I really want to move back to Detroit though before long, I miss it a lot, Jupiter is pretty un-techno lmao, pretty bored here to be honest but it has given me some time to sit back and get better at productions.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/wco4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
WCO4 wrote:

Hey Hades, thank you, I appreciate that!

I have been in Jupiter for a couple years, I am here helping take care of my grandmother & just taking a break from the city. I really want to move back to Detroit though before long, I miss it a lot, Jupiter is pretty un-techno lmao, pretty bored here to be honest but it has given me some time to sit back and get better at productions.


well, it's always a good thing if someone wants to take care of his/her family.
respect for that ! 8-)

But yeah, I can imagine it can get rather boring over there.
I've only been in about 16 states, and my last visit to the US and Canada was about 20 years ago,
but I've never been to Florida (though I'd love to visit the keys some day).
From what I heard, nowadays, it's all mostly retired folks and golf courts and stuff...
Used to be different, but not any more.
I could be wrong though. :)

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:50 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Detroit / Jupiter
Hades wrote:

well, it's always a good thing if someone wants to take care of his/her family.
respect for that ! 8-)

But yeah, I can imagine it can get rather boring over there.
I've only been in about 16 states, and my last visit to the US and Canada was about 20 years ago,
but I've never been to Florida (though I'd love to visit the keys some day).
From what I heard, nowadays, it's all mostly retired folks and golf courts and stuff...
Used to be different, but not any more.
I could be wrong though. :)


Thank you. & yeah it does, I just wish there was somewhere to go to hear some music that I enjoy. It's nice though, really can't complain. I do enjoy the weather! lol
Oh nice! 16 states is a lot! Yea you'll have to check out the keys sometime it's really nice down there! good snorkeling and people like to party haha it's a fun time.

Yes retired folks and golf pretty much sums it up!! at least where I am at in the palm beach area!
Miami can be fun though. I very much hope to come to Europe in the near future! only ever been to Canada once but I dream to see more of the world!

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/wco4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:57 am 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am
Posts: 10
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Greetings from Helsinki, Finland.

I've been accumulating electronic music vinyl and used them to perform publicly as a DJ since the beginning of the 1990s and still actively play whenever I'm given the opportunity. I have intensely idiosyncratic and purposefully cultivated musical preferences, intensely opinionated, sarcastically inclined, at times way too serious and do not care what anyone thinks of my pursuits and activities. The signature below contains a pair of links to my network presence relevant to this forum's interests: mixes and sets spanning nearly two decades, a handful of completed compositions, and the current state of my record collection, currently missing almost six months of most recent acquisitions.

After the discontinuation of The Nursery forum Subsekt is the only one I've found interesting enough to lurk on and now, join.

Hello.

Cheers, Nuutti.

_________________
STRENGTH THROUGH PURITY → PURITY THROUGH TECHNO → TECHNO THROUGH VINYL ⁞ SoundCloud ⁞ Discogs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New members say hello...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8415
dcom wrote:
Greetings from Helsinki, Finland.

I've been accumulating electronic music vinyl and used them to perform publicly as a DJ since the beginning of the 1990s and still actively play whenever I'm given the opportunity. I have intensely idiosyncratic and purposefully cultivated musical preferences, intensely opinionated, sarcastically inclined, at times way too serious and do not care what anyone thinks of my pursuits and activities. The signature below contains a pair of links to my network presence relevant to this forum's interests: mixes and sets spanning nearly two decades, a handful of completed compositions, and the current state of my record collection, currently missing almost six months of most recent acquisitions.

After the discontinuation of The Nursery forum Subsekt is the only one I've found interesting enough to lurk on and now, join.

Hello.

Cheers, Nuutti.


hello new cunt !

may I ask : how do you keep track of all the tracks on your vinyl collection ?

I mean, I bought about 700 vinyls in a few years time, and I'm still slowly trying to inject some sort of system into them.

ow, and if I may : a good DJ friend of mine once told me it's a good idea to put your collection to private.
He once had someone break into his apartment and steal all the most valuable ones.
I doubt people would come into my house for that, but I'm not taking the risk.

you can really tell you had a classical training when you listen to your tracks btw,
lovely work on your melodies.

_________________
"Much of the beauty that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium"
Henri Matisse



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 118  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.