that's quite a bold statement to make !
I like to live on the edge bro

:lol:

Prophän
Back Bling
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Prophän »

reda wrote:Hi Guys!

My name is Reda, i'm Moroccan, but i live in Italy..
I'm a poor worker and a failed marketing student :mrgreen:
I started to play as a dj maybe 8 years ago and in the 2014 i bought my first sampler, then i fell in love with hardware machines and synthesizers...
I can't define myself producer, because i'm still looking for my own style, my own identity.Today i'm trying to improve my self in music production, day by day, without boundries... and i hope to give soon my own contribution!
I'm very happy to be here Guys!
P.s.
Sorry for my wrong english, but today Google translator is not working well 8-)

Reda
Oh great a fellow countryman ! Welcome man and in case you speak darija :

Fen a khay reda merta7 koulchi mziane ? mer7ba bik ayyi we9t frbat nt9ach3o ndirou chi glissa 3la mzika ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Seer Thwa ! !

Zemmel !!

nnnnnzzzzzz ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

sfas
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by sfas »

Hi I'm David from Brighton UK. been producing for 5 years solidly now after a marriage ending, I thought fuckit now I have loads of time on my hands I want to make music. I used to DJ quite a lot in the nineties mainly Ambient and D&B.
I have been producing ITB using Ableton and in the Last 6 months started building a Eurorack Modular which has been incredible and frustrating in equal measure. My favourite producers are Jon Hopkins, Rival Consoles, Kiasmos Max Cooper etc. I suppose I make 90's Ambient Techno.

My soundcloud is here: https://soundcloud.com/sfasmusic
I've also been documenting my eurorack jams here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBA0OZ ... subscriber

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing from you all.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

look, I'll be totally honest with you,
I'm not gonna be very original here...

After being in the painful process of trying to finish a track for far too long,
my energy is not exactly high, and my brain feels like it's gonna have a meltdown any moment now.

so I'll just shamelessly copy someone else's carefully thoughtful words...
SFBM wrote: Welcome!
I will however gladly check out that SC link later on !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

sfas wrote:Hi I'm David from Brighton UK. been producing for 5 years solidly now after a marriage ending, I thought fuckit now I have loads of time on my hands I want to make music. I used to DJ quite a lot in the nineties mainly Ambient and D&B.

well, you can't imagine how much time women take away from music. :)

Some nice stuff on your SC page man.
I like how you stay subtle with your music.
really really liked Elicept.

and no doubt you'll learn lots from subsekt, it's full of useful info.

sfas
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by sfas »

Cool man, cheers
Been listening to your stuff man, I think your tracks have a lot of subtlety too.
Visual And emotive. My kind of music.

What’s your background? Can’t help linking R&S and Belgium

Looking forward to chatting more.

acesd619
Gnasher

Post by acesd619 »

Hello I'm Peter from California. I started in hip hop making beats for some neighborhood friends as a youngin. I fell deeper into electronic music through my 20's and my preference is leaning towards the vibe of techno these days. I've used Reason for years now; I'm very comfortable in the environment and the VST integration last year sealed the deal for me. I've had this profile for a while, read some posts periodically but I figured I'd say hello now since I've been spending a lot more time here. I'm looking forward to sharing some insight.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

sfas wrote:Hi I'm David from Brighton UK. been producing for 5 years solidly now after a marriage ending, I thought fuckit now I have loads of time on my hands I want to make music. I used to DJ quite a lot in the nineties mainly Ambient and D&B.
I have been producing ITB using Ableton and in the Last 6 months started building a Eurorack Modular which has been incredible and frustrating in equal measure. My favourite producers are Jon Hopkins, Rival Consoles, Kiasmos Max Cooper etc. I suppose I make 90's Ambient Techno.

I've also been documenting my eurorack jams here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBA0OZ ... subscriber

Aye nice to see a fellow Brighton head on here!

(Really liking some of the tracks on your soundcloud)
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

sfas wrote:Cool man, cheers
Been listening to your stuff man, I think your tracks have a lot of subtlety too.

sorry man, just saw your reply now.

my background ?
Long story ahead, I guess, but nothing special.
Had a classical piano training till I got fed up with playing Bach all the time,
bought my first synth in '94, but the years without internet were pretty hard for a teenager to be making music with expensive gear, so yeah, made shitty music for about 3 years, then forgot all about it while I was at univ,
DJ'ed for about 12 years or something.
Restarted my love for synths when I ended up buying an XV88 while I wanted to buy a real piano but lacked the cash and room at the time (I never stopped playing piano, thank god).
I slowly built my whole studio, and very slowly learned to get a little better.
I knew from my 1st time around how stupid it felt if you didn't know how the fuck your machines worked,
so I made it a point to learn my sound design and get to know my gear instead of starting to write shitty tunes again from day 1.

that's about it, I guess...

I like R&S from time to time, but obviously my music is miles away from the harder techno genre.

sfas
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by sfas »

RWise wrote:

Cheers any links to your music :-)

sfas
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by sfas »

Hades wrote:
sfas wrote:Cool man, cheers

sorry man, just saw your reply now.

my background ?
Long story ahead, I guess, but nothing special.
Had a classical piano training till I got fed up with playing Bach all the time,
bought my first synth in '94, but the years without internet were pretty hard for a teenager to be making music with expensive gear, so yeah, made shitty music for about 3 years, then forgot all about it while I was at univ,
DJ'ed for about 12 years or something.
Restarted my love for synths when I ended up buying an XV88 while I wanted to buy a real piano but lacked the cash and room at the time (I never stopped playing piano, thank god).
I slowly built my whole studio, and very slowly learned to get a little better.
I knew from my 1st time around how stupid it felt if you didn't know how the fuck your machines worked,
so I made it a point to learn my sound design and get to know my gear instead of starting to write shitty tunes again from day 1.

that's about it, I guess...

I like R&S from time to time, but obviously my music is miles away from the harder techno genre.
Ha yeah I hear you, I bought a Yamaha AN1x in '97 and tried to create stuff on Cubase, It was pretty hopeless back then. We truly do live in amazing times, need to remind myself that instead of complaining when things don't work.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

sfas wrote:
RWise wrote:

Cheers any links to your music :-)
Sure

https://soundcloud.com/renewise
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Finesse
Interact. Don't Spam.
New Here!

Post by Finesse »

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Duke and I have been producing house and techno since 2013. I have had a few tracks released on a couple of labels, one being created by a collective of which I am apart. I generally like groovy minimal house and groovy techno although I love the more melodic techno and progressive stuff as well. Some idols of mine are Stephan Bodzin, Stimming, Recondite, Solomun, Dixon, Marcel Dettmann and many other Germans usually haha! I use to DJ a lot because it kind of fell into my lap. The collective I am with DJ's a lot and usually opens for some really big names in Toronto. I haven't gotten to do any of that yet but I had the opportunity to play a couple of gigs for a small venue at the BPM festival in 2015 and 2016! Besides that, I produce mostly on Ableton Live 10 now, and sometimes use Studio One. I have spent countless hours improving my mixes and learning as much as I can through books and some free online courses. I find that most mixing knowledge is transferable and that once you know the fundamentals of how frequencies work, you're able to create vastly different soundscapes. I am a sucker for synths as I do own two analog synths and an analog drum machine. Music has always been a passion for me and I have invested a lot of time and money into it. I also recently got into producing videos (Shooting and editing) and I will pursue that alongside my music. I'm not expecting a return on investment anytime soon but who cares anyway, that is what day jobs are for! Thanks for reading and I hope to learn some stuff from you guys as well as share the knowledge I have acquired over the years!

Prophän
Back Bling
Re: New Here!

Post by Prophän »

Finesse wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Duke and I have been producing house and techno since 2013. I have had a few tracks released on a couple of labels, one being created by a collective of which I am apart. I generally like groovy minimal house and groovy techno although I love the more melodic techno and progressive stuff as well. Some idols of mine are Stephan Bodzin, Stimming, Recondite, Solomun, Dixon, Marcel Dettmann and many other Germans usually haha! I use to DJ a lot because it kind of fell into my lap. The collective I am with DJ's a lot and usually opens for some really big names in Toronto. I haven't gotten to do any of that yet but I had the opportunity to play a couple of gigs for a small venue at the BPM festival in 2015 and 2016! Besides that, I produce mostly on Ableton Live 10 now, and sometimes use Studio One. I have spent countless hours improving my mixes and learning as much as I can through books and some free online courses. I find that most mixing knowledge is transferable and that once you know the fundamentals of how frequencies work, you're able to create vastly different soundscapes. I am a sucker for synths as I do own two analog synths and an analog drum machine. Music has always been a passion for me and I have invested a lot of time and money into it. I also recently got into producing videos (Shooting and editing) and I will pursue that alongside my music. I'm not expecting a return on investment anytime soon but who cares anyway, that is what day jobs are for! Thanks for reading and I hope to learn some stuff from you guys as well as share the knowledge I have acquired over the years!
Hey man welcome here, not a big fan of the names you mentionned but to each their own, hope you have a good time here !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Finesse wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Duke and I have been producing house and techno since 2013. I have had a few tracks released on a couple of labels, one being created by a collective of which I am apart. I generally like groovy minimal house and groovy techno although I love the more melodic techno and progressive stuff as well. Some idols of mine are Stephan Bodzin, Stimming, Recondite, Solomun, Dixon, Marcel Dettmann and many other Germans usually haha! I use to DJ a lot because it kind of fell into my lap. The collective I am with DJ's a lot and usually opens for some really big names in Toronto. I haven't gotten to do any of that yet but I had the opportunity to play a couple of gigs for a small venue at the BPM festival in 2015 and 2016! Besides that, I produce mostly on Ableton Live 10 now, and sometimes use Studio One. I have spent countless hours improving my mixes and learning as much as I can through books and some free online courses. I find that most mixing knowledge is transferable and that once you know the fundamentals of how frequencies work, you're able to create vastly different soundscapes. I am a sucker for synths as I do own two analog synths and an analog drum machine. Music has always been a passion for me and I have invested a lot of time and money into it. I also recently got into producing videos (Shooting and editing) and I will pursue that alongside my music. I'm not expecting a return on investment anytime soon but who cares anyway, that is what day jobs are for! Thanks for reading and I hope to learn some stuff from you guys as well as share the knowledge I have acquired over the years!
welcome, mr finesse, any links to your music ?

Finesse
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Finesse »

Hades wrote:welcome, mr finesse, any links to your music ?
Sure thing! Here is my soundcloud, https://soundcloud.com/duketran

Also here is a link to a track I made a few days ago, its a new direction that I might venture more into!

https://soundcloud.com/duketran/februar ... te/s-cybpz

Thanks for listening!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

not bad at all man !

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

Finesse wrote:
Hades wrote:welcome, mr finesse, any links to your music ?
Sure thing! Here is my soundcloud, https://soundcloud.com/duketran

Also here is a link to a track I made a few days ago, its a new direction that I might venture more into!

https://soundcloud.com/duketran/februar ... te/s-cybpz

Thanks for listening!
Hellow Fellow!

That is quite nice stuff there!
over.

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

sfas wrote:Hi I'm David ...and in the Last 6 months started building a Eurorack Modular which has been incredible and frustrating in equal measure ...
Hi David!

Yeah.. i know that. "Lost" a few mates bcs of modular. :lol:
They are now hidden behind a wall of cables and modules and do not have money for beer anymore.

Thank god i build myself a single row case and decided not to invest more and more into modules. Just switching and borrowing stuff from my hidden friends. :lol: :lol:
over.