Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Mslwte »

vzsz wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:16 pm
Hi!

I'm VZSZ a techno dj producer from Madrid, Spain.
Im a tool techno guy, influenced by sounds from labels and artists like: Hayes Collective, Pole Group/Warm UP, Illegall Aliens, UTCH records, Evod... Oscar Mulero, Temudo, ArchivOne...
Since pandemic i focus on production releasing some tracks and EP's. In other hand, i studied audiovisuals. My goal is to introduce in my fiction projects techno and dj mixes as powerful music elements, mixing together my both creative sides.
I've been reading the forum some months, and now i want to introduce myself. So hello everyone.

If someone wanna dig more in my tracks or things i let here my links:
https://soundcloud.com/vzsz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErkbeOt0dM
Glad to have you on board. Thanks for joining.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Val Endrada
Jan : )

Post by Val Endrada »

Hello

Thank you for admititing me to the forum.

It's been close to a year since I originally applied (July 13, 2020) - and I can honestly no longer remember what I wanted to comment on back then. I'm not complaining, though. It was actually a nice surprice, since I'd totally given up on it :D

I'm mainly here to listen to music and exchange ideas and jokes, I suppose. I like old school forums, and I'm happy that you guys are still going!

Hopefully I can contribute something useful as well..

Briefly about myself: I was a teenager in the eighties, and listened to all kinds of music (still do). Back then I was playing guitar in a rock band, but after seeing Orbital performing live on an acid trip in 1993, I decided to get into producing/playing electronic music instead. Started out on a cracked version of Cubase around that time- and have been studying/composing/producing electronic music on/off since then. Today I live and work in a small town on the eastern coast of Bornholm (Denmark), where I have set up a small sound studio. I'm mainly producing experimental dub-techno.

Some main sources of inspiration: James Brown, King Tubby, Lee Perry, Adrian Sherwood, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Jeff Mills, Surgeon, Moritz von Oswald and Mark Ernestus, Ricardo Captain Ketamine, Legowelt, Theo Parrish, Hieroglyphic Being, Matthewdavid, Rod Modell and so on.

Val Endrada
Jan : )

Post by Val Endrada »

Captain Ketamine ha ha!

mindstuff
hmmmmmm...

Post by mindstuff »

Welcome. Love me some dub techno!

Blue Eyed Ghost
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Blue Eyed Ghost »

Hi everyone,

I am a Frankfurt based producer of mellow and at times sligthly dark Techno, Ambient and IDM. I started out producing in Reason a while ago and then switched to Ableton as my main DAW (although I still use Reason as a plugin). Eventually I started using hardware with the Elektron Analog Four as my first proper synth. I still use a lot of Elektron gear but I have also started using modular a few years ago. My modular is constantly changing but some modules have survived the change (MI Rings was my first module and I still love this thing, in particular in combination with MI Plaits feeding into it for drones). For the most part I start my tracks with my hardware setup, recording with my 1010music blackbox, which I find is quite convenient if you want to produce without a computer. The rest is done in Ableton where I like to disect my results and rearange them until I find something that works as a complete track rather than a loop.

I like to listen to all sorts of different electronic music with a main focus on more relaxed Techno with a "Stil vor Talent"-vibe. Lately I came accross Viviane Koch and I have to say that I really like her work. Another artist I admire is Sebastian Mullaert who is, in my opnion, a real master of flow when it comes to develop a song.

Looking forward to some interesting discussion in this forum.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Val Endrada wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:19 am
Hello

Thank you for admititing me to the forum.

It's been close to a year since I originally applied (July 13, 2020) - and I can honestly no longer remember what I wanted to comment on back then. I'm not complaining, though. It was actually a nice surprice, since I'd totally given up on it :D

I'm mainly here to listen to music and exchange ideas and jokes, I suppose. I like old school forums, and I'm happy that you guys are still going!

Hopefully I can contribute something useful as well..

Briefly about myself: I was a teenager in the eighties, and listened to all kinds of music (still do). Back then I was playing guitar in a rock band, but after seeing Orbital performing live on an acid trip in 1993, I decided to get into producing/playing electronic music instead. Started out on a cracked version of Cubase around that time- and have been studying/composing/producing electronic music on/off since then. Today I live and work in a small town on the eastern coast of Bornholm (Denmark), where I have set up a small sound studio. I'm mainly producing experimental dub-techno.

Some main sources of inspiration: James Brown, King Tubby, Lee Perry, Adrian Sherwood, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Jeff Mills, Surgeon, Moritz von Oswald and Mark Ernestus, Ricardo Captain Ketamine, Legowelt, Theo Parrish, Hieroglyphic Being, Matthewdavid, Rod Modell and so on.

Velkommen til :) der er dejligt på Bornholm!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Blue Eyed Ghost wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a Frankfurt based producer of mellow and at times sligthly dark Techno, Ambient and IDM. I started out producing in Reason a while ago and then switched to Ableton as my main DAW (although I still use Reason as a plugin). Eventually I started using hardware with the Elektron Analog Four as my first proper synth. I still use a lot of Elektron gear but I have also started using modular a few years ago. My modular is constantly changing but some modules have survived the change (MI Rings was my first module and I still love this thing, in particular in combination with MI Plaits feeding into it for drones). For the most part I start my tracks with my hardware setup, recording with my 1010music blackbox, which I find is quite convenient if you want to produce without a computer. The rest is done in Ableton where I like to disect my results and rearange them until I find something that works as a complete track rather than a loop.

I like to listen to all sorts of different electronic music with a main focus on more relaxed Techno with a "Stil vor Talent"-vibe. Lately I came accross Viviane Koch and I have to say that I really like her work. Another artist I admire is Sebastian Mullaert who is, in my opnion, a real master of flow when it comes to develop a song.

Looking forward to some interesting discussion in this forum.

Cheers,

Sebastian
Welcome aboard :) looking forward to hearing more from you

HBT
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by HBT »

Hello Everyone!
My name is HyperBody (Yanay) and I am a Progressive Techno Music Producer from Israel, recently I have released my third track which is a Chill/Ambiant/Progressive techno track for opening sets!
Would love to meet some of y'all!
HyperBody Techno Music

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

wouterdewitte wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:58 pm
When you are new to the forum, please introduce yourself to the rest of us.
Obviously we are not interested in all your personal details..
Just tell us who you are, what kind of techno you like and perhaps some of your hero's. If your a dj and/or producer etc..
Just share what you want..
Have fun on the forums!
Are you chalotte de witte? :)
Less is not always more.

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

Hey, I am on and off the forum since years. I make house and techno.
I like dubby things. I like 909 and 808. I like classic things. Classic videogames, computers and classic chicago, detroit and berlin stuff in music.
I like native instruments for production because it serves as an ecosystem. Mainly reaktor and monark these days.
I am here to help others in life and to be helped. I think subsekt has stood the test of time by now as community.
Inspiration comes from moritz and mark. And frankfurt and mannheim.
And netherlands.

At the moment its: Jeroen Search, Stojche.
Production wise I'm getting into limiting drums and compression as always. Distortion saturation bit crushing experiments. And drones. Many drones these days. lol

Glad to be here. Great forum. :)
Keep it up girls
Less is not always more.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Bradley1602 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:31 pm
I like dubby things. I like 909 and 808. I like classic things. Classic videogames, computers and classic chicago, detroit and berlin stuff in music.
I like native instruments for production because it serves as an ecosystem. Mainly reaktor and monark these days.
I am here to help others in life and to be helped. I think subsekt has stood the test of time by now as community.
And netherlands.

Production wise I'm getting into limiting drums and compression as always. Distortion saturation bit crushing experiments. And drones. Many drones these days. lol

Keep it up girls
Welcome Bradley!

Share some of your music at some point!

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

jordanneke wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:49 am
Bradley1602 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:31 pm
And netherlands.

Keep it up girls
Welcome Bradley!

Share some of your music at some point!
thx sure I will soon. Looking forward.
Less is not always more.

Jaegher
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Jaegher »

Hi, nice to meet you all!

My name is Jeroen, I'm from the Netherlands and have been DJ'ing and producing techno for about 3 years now. With my alias 'Nachtwaker' I've been nominated for the music price of Rotterdam.

I get mostly inspired by producers like Shed (and all of his other 20+ aliases :D ), Planetary Assault System and lots more!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and having some great discussions

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Jaegher wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:37 am
My name is Jeroen,
Hi Jeroen.

Jaegher wrote:
With my alias 'Nachtwaker'
Does that translate as night walker?

Jaegher wrote:
I've been nominated for the music price of Rotterdam.
Congratulations!
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

daz2412
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by daz2412 »

Welcome Jeroen!

Jaegher
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Jaegher »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Hi Jeroen.

Congratulations!
Hey Ben, no it's actually a Dutch word for a security guard, you know, someone who sits behind the cameras all night to protect a warehouse or something. It literally translates to: 'night watcher' or 'someone who wakes you up at night' which makes it kind of cool. You don't hear nachtwaker that often anymore in the Dutch language, almost never.

I was unsure about keeping it as my alias. But it stuck with a lot of people so eventually just decided to keep it.

And thank you!

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Jaegher wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:03 pm
Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Hi Jeroen.

Congratulations!
Hey Ben, no it's actually a Dutch word for a security guard, you know, someone who sits behind the cameras all night to protect a warehouse or something. It literally translates to: 'night watcher' or 'someone who wakes you up at night' which makes it kind of cool. You don't hear nachtwaker that often anymore in the Dutch language, almost never.

I was unsure about keeping it as my alias. But it stuck with a lot of people so eventually just decided to keep it.

And thank you!
Right, cool. And yeah, sometimes the 'public' take things into their own hands. ;)
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Are we dead?

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

subvers^v wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:46 pm
Are we dead?
Not very active these days yeah.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

patrick star
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by patrick star »

Barfunkel wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:21 am
subvers^v wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:46 pm
Are we dead?
Not very active these days yeah.
I used to visit subsekt all the time in the 2010's (seemed pretty active back then?), but I haven't logged in since 2019. It looks rather dead today. Is there another forum people have moved to?