New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
SFBM
&roid
Re: New members say hello...

Post by SFBM »

suppressor wrote:Haha yep, sorry about the cheesy Toms, i have been writing so many different styles of music so it isn't all techno you see. :)

Yep i'm an Aussie Cunt haha. I hope i can contribute as well as you 'seasoned' europeans/americans... :S

Yeah i can see how annoying it would be to put in so much time and not get anything out of it except for a thank you. I guess thats why you are still operating like a community.

So i have only been paying attention and really delving into techno artists for the last 5 years, i understand the concept of why people don't like the 'Bumload' style techno but is there something deeper to the dissatisfaction of the idea? It really stood out when i first looked at a couple of posts on the blog.
Greetings from another fellow Aus! What state are you in? I'm from Melbourne.
Welcome to subsekt!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ah, you're all practically neighbors down there.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Those fuckers with their Brexit, they're island monkeys.
You're just big island monkeys, really.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Hades wrote:ah, you're all practically neighbors down there.
Haha in major cities perhaps, but the vast majority of Australia (i.e the middle bit , outback and bush) is basically nothing, heat, kangaroos and people living in houses that take 2 days drive just to visit their nearest neighbour lol

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SFBM wrote:
Haha in major cities perhaps, but the vast majority of Australia (i.e the middle bit , outback and bush) is basically nothing, heat, kangaroos and people living in houses that take 2 days drive just to visit their nearest neighbour lol
my dear,
I knew some of you were stupid,
and most of you are probably inbred and all of that,
but insulting my intelligence like that...
As if my knowledge of geography was really that limited... :lol:
my my my ;)

when I was at Loop, I was in a conversation with 2 Aussies
who reacted exactly the same like you guys do now "hey, where are you from" ?
(which is completely normal of course, hell, even Belgians react the same way, and distances are not quite the same over here as they are over there, not quite ;) )
Apparently they were from complete opposite parts, and yet one of them reacted in a dry voice
"ow my, we're practically neighbors" :lol:
must have been like 4000km in between, if not more.

2 days later, I run into 1 of these guys, and he told me that the other Australian guy called him up the first night,
saying "look, I just got invited to Ableton headquarters, I made them believe you're the moderator and beating heart of the xxx crew
(xxx being the city I don't even remember now, I think it was Melbourne)
they've been having serious trouble getting their foot in on that scene, so they're desperate for anyone from over there, just play the part, will ya ???"
And so they both ended up in Ableton headquarters with tons of free beer and pizza for most of the night.
Because yeah, they knew none of us European IDIOTS were gonna be able to tell from which part of that BIG, MASSIVE, HUGE island any of them were from... :D

Doubt my intelligence, you fucking BIG island monkey... ;)

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Hades wrote:
SFBM wrote:
my dear,
I knew some of you were stupid,
and most of you are probably inbred and all of that,
but insulting my intelligence like that...
As if my knowledge of geography was really that limited... :lol:
my my my ;)

when I was at Loop, I was in a conversation with 2 Aussies
who reacted exactly the same like you guys do now "hey, where are you from" ?
(which is completely normal of course, hell, even Belgians react the same way, and distances are not quite the same over here as they are over there, not quite ;) )
Apparently they were from complete opposite parts, and yet one of them reacted in a dry voice
"ow my, we're practically neighbors" :lol:
must have been like 4000km in between, if not more.

2 days later, I run into 1 of these guys, and he told me that the other Australian guy called him up the first night,
saying "look, I just got invited to Ableton headquarters, I made them believe you're the moderator and beating heart of the xxx crew
(xxx being the city I don't even remember now, I think it was Melbourne)
they've been having serious trouble getting their foot in on that scene, so they're desperate for anyone from over there, just play the part, will ya ???"
And so they both ended up in Ableton headquarters with tons of free beer and pizza for most of the night.
Because yeah, they knew none of us European IDIOTS were gonna be able to tell from which part of that BIG, MASSIVE, HUGE isle any of them were from... :D

Doubt my intelligence, you fucking BIG island monkey... ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ok, I'm not gonna google some Crocodile Dundee pics in return man,
that shit just ain't gonna happen. ;)

it's too late here, and the weather has been fifty shades of fucking grey for the last 2 months at least,
(we're pretty much all hibernating tbh),
while you can most likely just walk outside and get scorched in like 0.23 seconds.

I'm off to bed ! ;)

If I'm lucky enough, my highly overweighted cat might jump on top of me and help me keep warm.

take care man ;)

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

Greetings from another fellow Aus! What state are you in? I'm from Melbourne.
Welcome to subsekt![/quote]

I'm also from Melbourne yay! The city of 4 Seasons in one day.

Surely we have crossed paths at some point in time?

Mate there's a reason why we are called the burnt country..

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

suppressor wrote:Greetings from another fellow Aus! What state are you in? I'm from Melbourne.
Welcome to subsekt!
I'm also from Melbourne yay! The city of 4 Seasons in one day.

Surely we have crossed paths at some point in time?

Mate there's a reason why we are called the burnt country..

Image[/quote]

Ah No way, haha! We might have, perhaps. Do you go to any regular gigs held by any of the techno collectives here? I run my own techno collective and TRNSMT show called 'Node', if you've heard of it?

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

I don't get to many regular gigs but i try to head to My Aeon as much as i can and have a few mates who dj in the scene.
I reckon i would have heard your show at some point, i used to run a DnB/Glitch show on TRNSMT a few years ago.
I'm actually trying to organise a gig at LOOP so i can release an EP in the next couple of months. Just need to get around to contacting them.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

didn't I just tell you guys you're all practically neighbors ?

Kettmpa
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by Kettmpa »

Heey
My name is kettmpa and i from sweden,stockholm

Been reading on this forum and i think its the best forum on internet for music i like.

Im bad at english so i dont gonna write any more :lol:

Have the best! :D

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

Hey there people!
glad to be on this forum!
Good to see that theres an active underground scene, also on the interwebs :)
i read here alot, but this is my first post hehe

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

where are you from mr over9000 ?

Pagan
Exampleless

Post by Pagan »

Hey sekt,

aging geezer from awesome Helsinki here. I found this place in my bid to expand into techno from ambient, and already found a lot of guidance- thanks! I'm mostly interested in producing the artsy, listenable/experiencable side of techno as opposed to straight up dance floor bangers, which I do love a lot, but it's not something one can produce home alone slouched over a computer. Anyway, I'm still finding my own aesthetic sense and technical skills, so no techno to link in the sig yet- hope to fix that in the coming months.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

suppressor wrote:I don't get to many regular gigs but i try to head to My Aeon as much as i can and have a few mates who dj in the scene.
I reckon i would have heard your show at some point, i used to run a DnB/Glitch show on TRNSMT a few years ago.
I'm actually trying to organise a gig at LOOP so i can release an EP in the next couple of months. Just need to get around to contacting them.
Ah cool! I played a set at loop last week, actually. What was your show name? I may have heard of it, although I didn't know many other shows outside of my own night (which used to be Thursday, before the big TRNSMT changes) - although I do "work" for TRNSMT now (mainly social media stuff and the offline audio programming).

I've only been to My Aeon twice, once to see Pfirter play, and then the other time was the Machine 7th Birthday party, which was a hell of a night. Both were actually. My Aeon is so amazing now after the major upgrades they made!

Send me a PM and we can chat via facebook or something :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Pagan wrote:Hey sekt,

aging geezer from awesome Helsinki here. I found this place in my bid to expand into techno from ambient, and already found a lot of guidance- thanks! I'm mostly interested in producing the artsy, listenable/experiencable side of techno as opposed to straight up dance floor bangers, which I do love a lot, but it's not something one can produce home alone slouched over a computer. Anyway, I'm still finding my own aesthetic sense and technical skills, so no techno to link in the sig yet- hope to fix that in the coming months.
looking forward to hearing your music.
don't be shy to upload something to your SC

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Hey Folks!
This is Root from Frankfurt, Germany. Found this Forum and it looks like i was looking for a place like this for a long time. No "how to technokickdrum" etc threads (okay, not that much), but people knowing their business. I'm producing for some years now and recently found my way more and more into hypnotic, gloomy, rolling (dub)techno. My older productions are more like chilled stuff, my newer ones are heading for the dancefloor. As i'm djing here in local clubs in Frankfurt i'm happy to test my stuff on club systems.
Cheers,
Root
:geek:

R08zy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by R08zy »

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum after spending a few weeks lurking and getting to know the place. I'm a recent techno convert, coming from a background of drum and bass. I had mixed drum and bass for around 10 years dabbling a little in production, after taking a few years off found techno, created a small DJ setup again and have now decided to start trying to make some tracks for myself.

At the moment I'm attempting to create everything using only what comes with Ableton Suite or is available via max for live. When I used to make DnB I fell into the trap of thinking I needed this plugin or that plugin to get the sound that I wanted. I'm quite new to Ableton so I want to spend at least a year learning everything I can about it before adding anything else.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

well if you're looking for a forum with quite a bit of practical production tips,
you have come to the right place.

welcome to subsekt. ;)