What are your plans for this year?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
What are your plans for this year?

Post by Críoch »

Don't believe in resolutions ( :P ) - but thought it would be interesting to see what people here are up to? or hoping to do this year?

Any planets aligning for you in 2013? or do you aim to make some shit happen that y've been thinking about for a lonnng time?

____

Me?

I'm finished college this May. Can't wait. Can't wait to start working FT & get some good $£€'z. So looking forward to being able to save again.. and being a big of a consumer again. Looking forward to having more free time for the site / music / life & family.. as working nearly 30hrs a week, college & home last year was nuts & put me under a bit of pressure with the site too. Can't complain though. It's great to have all these things in your life. Always be grateful for what you have / grass is always greener et.al.

As always.. I'm closer than ever to being happy with the music I make & if nothing else, I'm looking forward to being even closer :mrgreen:

I'd also like to do a bit of Techno tourism in the later part of 2013.. so hopefully that'll happen too.

Carpe Diem Motherfuckers!!!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Post by jordanneke »

Sweet plans dude.

Mine are much less interesting.

1 - Get more sleep - (two kids under the age of three)

2 - Get some kick ass results at work - Until music puts food on the table - which is probably a long way off.

3 - Chill on holiday in the summer (South of France - My techno toursim days are officially over, unless you count listening to techno on holiday)

4 - Aside from the above - Go nuts at the ADE for one day.

And 5 - Spend the maximum amount of time in the studio (that still allows me to have a family), further defining my sound AND getting my skill level up there with the likes of Speedy J ;)

Rocknfuckinroll eh?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yeah man, I hear ya.

I've got a 4 year old & a wife, 2 mortgages & a cat. It always sounds like a cop out when you say y'd love more time, like you are using stuff as an excuse.. but its true haha.

I've got a ton of stuff I could be messing around with right now, but I've been wallpapering for the last couple of hours.

See! :D

hahaha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

My plans are to have another awesome kid-free year :) spend shitloads of cash on useless things. I might even sleep more then i did in 2012.

But, main goal is to make more music. Record some great mixes and just enjoy life as it is :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

ICN wrote:Me?

I'm finished college this May. Can't wait. Can't wait to start working FT & get some good $£€'z. So looking forward to being able to save again..
eerrrmmm....same here :D ..and the more sleep thing sounds good aswell!!!
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

God sleep would be good. I had to get up 1.5hrs early today. It was a (shit) surprise hahaha

Can't stay mad at them for long.

The 2 Pat's!

@Pat #1 - "My goal is to keep breathing" hahaha :P

@Pat #2 - You in college too, yeah? What are you studying again? I can't remember Mate. I'm studying Social Care. Last year of 4 this year. Really cannot wait.

brian
slipper

Post by brian »

no major plans, just want to keep cracking at trying to make some stuff that sounds half decent.

although toying with the idea of going back to college part time in september to get my degree, not sure if ive the head for that though, with work ontop as well.

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

As I sold all my gear last year and haven't made any music in 6 months, my 2013 plan is to build a new home studio. Something really simple, like an octatrack, an A4 and a maybe drum machine.

I have no idea how to fund that though.

I'd also like to DJ a bit more, but DJ gigs are hard to come by without releases to market you.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Get married. Get a new job. Acoustic treatment for my studio. Get better at production. Buy a moog. Concentrate on my own label.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Last year was a mixed bag; Music going fairly well (or at least progressing) and professional life, just getting by day to day despite changing job.

This year, professionally I still don't have a clue what that holds, Graphic Design industry has gone weird, and not helped by the fragile economy. Going to work is becoming a drag compared to music stuff

Planning on starting to do my own self commissioned design work though, it's gonna be connected in someway to Techno, hopefully I'll be putting some stuff out this year.

Music wise, hopefully a few decent DJ gigs like last year, and I'd finally like to finish a track. There's been toooooooo many excuses for not so far. I'm getting there slowly.... Hopefully... Maybe I'm rubbish ;)

As with some of the guys above having a little devil child makes all of the above even more of a challenge. I need to get my skates on as we'll start trying for number 2 soon :o

Kryo
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by Kryo »

My part!:

1- Controlling my mind and thinkings (don't worry i'm not crazy)

2- Finish this computer engineering year with all goals, it takes me a lot of time studying and the next year is my last one :)

3- Start preparing my career project: maybe a MIDI controller made from 0

4- (Imposible) Having 48h a day.

5- Releasing a track. Don't care where, just an amazing track that people can hear. It's been since 2 years ago that I can't finish a project because of a creativity block, a "break up" for learning deeply in the basis of music, and not having a lot of time, so releasing something good would be really symbolic for me. (And no, I'm not into releasing something anything poor just for releasing)
Fear is the threshold of pleasure

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Ha ha - all of us on this forum are so rocknroll

I was half expecting

1 - Listen to techno
2- Take a 'jam n spoon' amount of narcotics while doing the above.
3 - Make Techno
4 - Get laid
5 - Take less coke than last year.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Haha that's 2014, always recharge on the odd year ;)

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Nothing much,just keep doing what i love... MUSIC i don't expect to be famous,just want to be happy with the music i make.
I want to continue the work i've been doing on Reaktivate,we have big plans for this year,and things are starting to give some good results.
I finish school this year,i won't go to university,i was hoping to find a work in some record shop,in Berlin or London,or at any other great city in europe,don't know if this will be possible.
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Well my plans

I`m considering going back to university to go for a degree or master in music composition/theory as I am really getting more and more into (contemporary) orchestral composition and am considering maybe shifting towards soundtrack work, or working with contemprary dance. I am doing a project this year with a London dance studio composing music for a contemporary ballet/dance and if this goes well I`d like to go further.

Keep building the mastering business.

Take the label and the artists on it, on tour, looks like a mid summer affair so far.

Experiment with a return to vinyl (pressing very soon)

Finish the damn album, work out some way of performing the album live, with may involve finding some way back into the conventional gig scene rather than club music scene.

Enjoy more time with the missus.

Make some attempt at putting out my own (techno) music again, slightly more regularly than last year, as I have found a direction I am happy with. Last year too much time was spent experimenting, stressing, wondering off into areas of musical folly.

Possibly serve some time ghosting a vinyl cutter with the idea of maybe adding vinyl cutting to my skill set, and maybe doing some contracted/part time work thereafter with a cutting house.

Read a lot more, my philosophy reading has fallen behind this year.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

brian
slipper

Post by brian »

jordanneke wrote:Ha ha - all of us on this forum are so rocknroll

I was half expecting

1 - Listen to techno
2- Take a 'jam n spoon' amount of narcotics while doing the above.
3 - Make Techno
4 - Get laid
5 - Take less coke than last year.
:lol:

sure they are normal day to day things, same as last year

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

mainst09 wrote:i was hoping to find a work in some record shop,in Berlin ,don't know if this will be possible.
Honestly,forget about that. This is only possible with good connections. And all the record stores i know in Berlin (and i know them all i think :lol: ) are pretty happy with their personal and offer no jobs afaik. A lot of mates been trying it for years but no chance. Another thing is,unless you're working at Hardwax or a store with similar reputation/size, it'll be hard to live from these earnings as living in Berlin isn't cheap anymore.

Oh,i forgot to mention another resolution in my first post:move away from this crap city :lol: (but i think it won't happen until 2014 :( )

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Come to the UK :)

Random_Task
fake

Post by Random_Task »

1) enjoying life as is every day :)
2) make great music
3) some successful flyfishing trip(s) without getting wasted from 5 in the morning...
4) get a new job or challenge cause i'm bored as f*ck
5) donno, getting wasted while I'm not fishing I guess :-)

that's about it!

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

ashley BORG wrote:Come to the UK :)
no no m8 :D ...already got plans where to go he he....