What video games are you folks playing?

General Chat // Music Discussion
gedda
Metric Martyr
What video games are you folks playing?

Post by gedda »

I've been on that Overwatch lately. I'm hooked on it, I can't wait until the next competitive season.

Stace
Classical Approach
Re: What video games are you folks playing?

Post by Stace »

Oh God. I miss gaming. I just don't have time for it anymore :(

There is a direct correlation from the first time I went on Logic to the last time I had any serious attempt at getting into a game.

I used to really like the Assassins' Creed, Tomb Raider type games. The last game I got was Tomb Raider (a few years ago now)

I am a massive RPG fan as well and really love anything Square Enix put out. Realistically I don't see myself getting involved with anything until the FF VII remake lands. I am literally booking a week off work to get on that.

I am considering Smite but I just don't know if I have the time I need for it.

I don't get how people music AND game :lol:

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

I play a game called Cubase. It's impossible to complete and mostly hard work for not all that much reward, but on a good day there's nothing like it :-)

Seriously though, I loved NES games when I was a kid and still play Tetris a couple of times a year, but these days time's just too valuable to spend on games.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

terryfalafel wrote:I play a game called Cubase. It's impossible to complete and mostly hard work for not all that much reward, but on a good day there's nothing like it :-)
So much this :lol: :lol: :lol:

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

StacieAnne wrote:Oh God. I miss gaming. I just don't have time for it anymore :(

There is a direct correlation from the first time I went on Logic to the last time I had any serious attempt at getting into a game.

I used to really like the Assassins' Creed, Tomb Raider type games. The last game I got was Tomb Raider (a few years ago now)

I am a massive RPG fan as well and really love anything Square Enix put out. Realistically I don't see myself getting involved with anything until the FF VII remake lands. I am literally booking a week off work to get on that.

Stace you should consider Paragon if you're looking at smite. Its alot more stable and quality, check it out.
Thw only thing that i dont like about it is that its free so alot of kids are playing and can easily ruin your overall experience.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

zukenbauer wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Oh God. I miss gaming. I just don't have time for it anymore :(

Stace you should consider Paragon if you're looking at smite. Its alot more stable and quality, check it out.
Thw only thing that i dont like about it is that its free so alot of kids are playing and can easily ruin your overall experience.
Ahh, it looks like something I would certainly be up for trying but I don't have anything to play it on. I have a Macbook Pro and PS3 and X-Box360.
I was going to get a PS4 for No Man's Sky but that was a bullet I managed to dodge :lol:

I know I am going to have to get a PS4 for FF VII. I have fully accepted that fact but I won't do that until it comes out. Smite has recently ported to Mac so I might have to think about further considering it some more. And then open Ableton :lol:

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Haha that would be a big bullet.:d

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

i quit gaming for music. otherwise id be playing MKX

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

UNO junior and Ninjago trading card game. I loose every time against little mono.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I love gaming.
It's an escape from music related thing which is my job and my creative outlet. Living a life of pretty much nothing but music I need to get away from it.
Games, films and books give me other creative input.

Just finished the new Deus Ex. Loved it but waaaay too short. Piss takers.

Just started on GTAV. Avoided it when the hype and release was everywhere.
Having lots of fun. Trevor is utterly irredeemable but so much fun.
Recently finished the Witcher 3, which is one of the greatest games of all time. Stunningly engaging world and game.
I like deep stories and thinky games and adventures.
Hate FPS shit, it's all the same game with different outfits.
Runny runny shooty shoot. Just don't get how people can keep buying the latest iteration of FPS kill people franchise. Why not just stick your fingers in your eyes so everything goes blurry and then play one of the older ones again. Same shit.

Don't really play any online shit. I play games to avoid human interaction, the last thing I want is to meet other humans whilst in the other world.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Lost to the Void wrote: Just finished the new Deus Ex. Loved it but waaaay too short. Piss takers.

Just started on GTAV. Avoided it when the hype and release was everywhere.
Having lots of fun. Trevor is utterly irredeemable but so much fun.
At the moment it seems I'm synced with Steve. Did Deus ex a few weeks back, now crawling through GTA V, which is better in small slices anyway. I don't get many hours a week for gaming so it takes me a while to finish anything, I've only beaten Doom and Dark Souls 3 this year aside from Deus Ex.

I'm a gameplay over story kind of guy, but I'm a sucker for immerisve sims like Deus Ex/System Shock etc. Dishonored 2 is probably going to be next...

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

After Bioshock I didn't do much gaming, been watching series/movies mostly. Did buy Dirt rally a while back though.
Which is pretty cool since your car can (and does) actually fall apart when you crash. Might upgrade my video card when I have some spare cash since it barely runs on low settings atm.

Also saw this thing on kickstarter a couple of days ago, might actually chip in for this to happen. Though I don't know if I'd play it all that much...
The trailer looks (and sounds) pretty neat.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... pixel-game
how far do you want to go

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

There is only one game worthy of Subsekt

youtu.be/64Jc_9lTObg

youtu.be/e6VDIrnmi50

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Calling Hades ^^^^^ ;-)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Oh there is a great indy game on steam called party hard. You go to various parties and raves and have to kill everyone without getting caught. It's a lot of fun.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

Lost to the Void wrote:Oh there is a great indy game on steam called party hard. You go to various parties and raves and have to kill everyone without getting caught. It's a lot of fun.
I absolutely love the main menu theme.

youtu.be/kdJIlPFDQAI

Den Bosch
brown envelope

Post by Den Bosch »

I stopped gaming in order to focus more on music and stopped investing in videocards to prevent relapse :)

Played Smite everyday for two years, was hooked on an MMORPG (Black Desert) last year and in a guild with a lot of nice people. However I find that in order to get satisfaction out of a game I need to feel like I'm relatively good at it. That means playing for hours on end every single day and that just wasn't worth it for some computer game.

One of my flatmates bought a Steam Link last week so I'll have to check out Party Hard when I get around to it.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Love gaming, it's my second life. I own and collect (have a decent collection) them, retro to new ones. Mostly into adventure and RPG but I can cross genre occasionally depending on the game. Currently plowing through Tales of Berseria till the new Zelda comes next Friday.

So many good games coming this year, next up will be the previously mentioned Zelda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Andromeda, Nier Automata and most importantly Persona 5.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

marauder is the last game i played (tonight). but im thinking of getting forza horizon and an xbox one.

youtu.be/mQZyYT-d7V8

1:54 though
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Just finished the new Deus Ex. Loved it but waaaay too short. Piss takers.
I played through the original, Invisible War and Human Revolution twice each. So at some point I will certainly play Mankind Divided as well. But the computer version is PC only and I left my console in LA, so it won't be anytime soon. Love the aesthetic, though. And the series usually has pretty good music as far as AAA games go.