Have Steve and Mlstwe stopped crying yet?

General Chat // Music Discussion
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Have Steve and Mlstwe stopped crying yet?

Post by jordanneke »

Cor Blimey Guv’na…..Gawd Bless ‘er…etc

(Being vaguely cryptic due to not wanting to get rounded up and burnt by some mental nationalists)

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: Have Steve and Mlstwe stopped crying yet?

Post by Amøbe »

... And they just recovered from mourning over the death of Thatcher!

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Amøbe wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:08 pm
... And they just recovered from mourning over the death of Thatcher!
:D :D :D

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

jordanneke wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:25 pm
(Being vaguely cryptic due to not wanting to get rounded up and burnt by some mental nationalists)
Are there any nationalists here? I don't remember seeing any comments that would suggest so. Pretty sure Steve is on the side of abolish the monarchy and I think most of the rest share similar notions.

The worst thing is the constant media bombardment - which wouldn't be so bad if it was one or two channels and you could turn over, but it is literally everybody. TV, radio, newspapers,the lot. Thank fuck for streaming services.

Businesses closing as a 'mark of respect'....just seems a bit like corporate virtue signalling. Last night everything was closed, even all the pubs. Some people like to raise a toast in rememberance so what's that all about?
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:13 am
jordanneke wrote:
Are there any nationalists here? I don't remember seeing any comments that would suggest so. Pretty sure Steve is on the side of abolish the monarchy and I think most of the rest share similar notions.

The worst thing is the constant media bombardment - which wouldn't be so bad if it was one or two channels and you could turn over, but it is literally everybody. TV, radio, newspapers,the lot. Thank fuck for streaming services.

Businesses closing as a 'mark of respect'....just seems a bit like corporate virtue signalling. Last night everything was closed, even all the pubs. Some people like to raise a toast in rememberance so what's that all about?
No, not the nationalists on here, but dicks who troll the internet randomly! I could imagine the Daily Heil running a story about this forum if someone straight up wrote 'Fuck that Bitch'

orchard
quasi-public

Post by orchard »

jordanneke wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:10 pm
Ben Kohonays wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

No, not the nationalists on here, but dicks who troll the internet randomly! I could imagine the Daily Heil running a story about this forum if someone straight up wrote 'Fuck that Bitch'
I wouldn't worry, they are collecting all that is distasteful about this over on urban75. I doubt you'd get a look in with the Heil with all they have over there!

Well worth checking out. People are so fucked up :D https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/ ... ur.379370/

And urban75 is also just a really good forum and fantastic community.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

jordanneke wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:10 pm
Ah right, fair enough. I often forget that this place is visible to anybody and not just us. :lol:

P.S. Fuck that bitch.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I`ve been furiously masturbating ever since I heard the news. When I have my energy back I`ll come and talk about it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:06 am
I`ve been furiously masturbating ever since I heard the news. When I have my energy back I`ll come and talk about it.
So you're not over the death of Phillip yet?

Take all the time you need.

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

It's as bad as coverage on covid...
I guess one should declare "Fuck it" when one kicks one's bucket but I say "meh!"

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Some good memes floating about all the same.
I think they were waiting for a release for around 17 years, a bit like Guns n' Roses ..

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

jordanneke wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:33 am
Lost to the Void wrote:

Who's Phillip?
New Shit

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:49 pm
jordanneke wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:33 am
Lost to the Void wrote:

Who's Phillip?
I think it's the guy that makes lightbulbs and electric stuff...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Actually in talks with the old crew to do an Anti Monarchy Rave on the bank Holiday.
Going out scouting for venues 2morrow.
New Shit

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:33 am
Actually in talks with the old crew to do an Anti Monarchy Rave on the bank Holiday.
Did you see they arrested some young dude for calling out Andrew as a sex offender?!

Jesus.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

jordanneke wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:31 am
Lost to the Void wrote:
Did you see they arrested some young dude for calling out Andrew as a sex offender?!

Jesus.
That is ridiculous.

I am not anti-monarchy or pro-monarchy - find the idea of monarchy slightly antiquated and when I think about it usually end up with the question "why?", but think there is a lot more worthy topics to be spending energy getting angry or annoyed about.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

jordanneke wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

Jesus.
Yeah a few people have been grabbed for protesting.

They can`t nick a whole rave, their manpower will be stretched that weekend.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

timc3 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:21 am
jordanneke wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

Jesus.
That is ridiculous.

I am not anti-monarchy or pro-monarchy - find the idea of monarchy slightly antiquated and when I think about it usually end up with the question "why?", but think there is a lot more worthy topics to be spending energy getting angry or annoyed about.
I`m not so sure.

If you look at the systematic way the media and establishment is forcing this mourning narrative onto the populace, it shows how much bootlicking is subtly built into the british character. It`s digging up all the forelock tugging behaviour that reinforces the class system in this country. The monarchy reinforces the idea of non-democratic power structures in the public psyche, it separates establishment from people, and underpins the class system.
If we can`t even free ourselves from that, we have no hope of dealing with the power structures of government and the establishment.

I have no King. No gods, no masters.
New Shit

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:36 pm

I`m not so sure.

If you look at the systematic way the media and establishment is forcing this mourning narrative onto the populace, it shows how much bootlicking is subtly built into the british character. It`s digging up all the forelock tugging behaviour that reinforces the class system in this country. The monarchy reinforces the idea of non-democratic power structures in the public psyche, it separates establishment from people, and underpins the class system.
If we can`t even free ourselves from that, we have no hope of dealing with the power structures of government and the establishment.

At least in theory monarchy seperates symbolic power from the elected representative. Look at how the Americans (and the French and....) treat their presidents as Gods. Not good.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

chava wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:39 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:36 pm

I`m not so sure.

At least in theory monarchy seperates symbolic power from the elected representative. Look at how the Americans (and the French and....) treat their presidents as Gods. Not good.
The French don't treat their presidents like gods.
That's mainly an American thing, and no argument for hereditary positions of state, US presidents have too much power.
I see no need for presidents or monarchs.
We should have had the courage to move on from it all when we lopped off Charles the 1sts head.
I'll accept the thirds' head as a compromise.

Fuck this antiquated bullshit

youtu.be/mKZgUW4RQNs
New Shit