Gamestop Hedge Fund Shorting Blasted

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Gamestop Hedge Fund Shorting Blasted

Post by Lost to the Void »

Anyone following this story?

IT`s fascinating seeing the system suddenly trying to shutter up against public buys now.

basically
2008 financial collapse? You should have considered the risks!

Student loan debt? You should have considered the risks!

Credit card debt? You should have considered the risks!

Hedge fund makes a risky bet & might go under? It's not their fault, shut everything down!
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Gamestop Hedge Fund Shorting Blasted

Post by Críoch »

I've been reading about this today & theres some influencer group on reddit involved afaik.

Was expecting more coverage.. but it doesn't look like it's gonna be a full crash, right?

Any idea how much its gonna cost, I've I've understood all correctly?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

They`ve pretty much bankrupted 2 hedgefunds so far.

It`s also revealing the blatant corruption and weighting behind the system as they are now trying to lock out day traders. They`ve already locked down a few shorted stocks from trade.

I don`t think this is anywhere near done yet. It`s gotten government attention.
New Shit

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

There's quite some coverage here, read an article today and attached interview with the financial head of one of the biggest Belgian banks. That guy is of course making it look like an irresponsible social media action, helped by the fact that millions of people are sitting at home, having nothing better to do all day. A thing that will pass once normal life will resume. But they're annoyed by it, for sure! Not a word about maybe rethinking the financial world. He literally used the word 'game' several times in the interview when talking about his business. Kinda gives it away, no?

I lost my positive thinking lately, and I'm thinking this is not gonna change things one bit... the haves and the have mores are never going to give up their privileges. And with the riots of late, that's not gonna stop either. The quarreling about the vaccines has started: UK vs EU vs China vs Turkey vs Brazil vs Pharma Industry vs ... As if it wasn't dog eat dog enough already. That roof top party with a well filled drug cabinet and cocktail bar isn't just a plan anymore. It's time to place orders, get the deck chairs out.
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:37 pm
They`ve pretty much bankrupted 2 hedgefunds so far.
in the interview I mentioned above, the financial expert said they were saved by 'hefty financial artificial tricks', whatever that means.

Another quote I found a peculiar choice of words: 'if day traders unite themselves in such a way and start sabotaging the shorting system, we are far away from a normal world'. :?:
Andy

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

I think I spend a little under an hour in understanding, what exactly shorting is... And my conclusion is that it is the most predatory behaviour, to use the crisis of others (where a lot of employees are looking to lose their income) for financial gain - so mad people of Reddit, please go nuts and kick those hedge fund cunts hard, with their own game! Amazing trolling.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Hold on I'm a little shaky in my taxonomy - is cunt a positive word in here? Would it be better if I called them wankers?

I feel I'm trying to grasp something that is very British.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I think cunt is an appropriate term when dealing with people of such corrupted morality.

Also syphilitic dickholes would apply too.

Have to be careful these days.....
New Shit

kronk
refusenik

Post by kronk »

interesting times.
shorting, contracts for difference, subprime, etc... drove the late 00s financial crash of which the taxpayer picked up the tab, in some countries more than others. legally no-one really paid the price - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... il/399368/
now we've had a global pandemic, many millions of job losses and the stock market is held up through govt central bank intervention & has soared, as has been pointed out at length in other threads here.
what the gamestop lark is showing is that theres 'state-sponsored' artificial inflation and 'joe-muggs' artificial inflation.
when both reps/dems are in the pockets of the 'market' then expect this to be crushed, pronto.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

kronk wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:10 am
interesting times.
shorting, contracts for difference, subprime, etc... drove the late 00s financial crash of which the taxpayer picked up the tab, in some countries more than others. legally no-one really paid the price - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... il/399368/
now we've had a global pandemic, many millions of job losses and the stock market is held up through govt central bank intervention & has soared, as has been pointed out at length in other threads here.
what the gamestop lark is showing is that theres 'state-sponsored' artificial inflation and 'joe-muggs' artificial inflation.
when both reps/dems are in the pockets of the 'market' then expect this to be crushed, pronto.
That's not happening.
The market was 30 seconds away from crashing today. Literally. 30 seconds.
There was almost no liquidity IN THE MARKET.
There wasn't enough shares in the market to cover the debt. So they effectively stopped all buys. Not just on GME stock (itself was shorted to 250% last I checked. Which is insane).
They were worried the clearing houses would go under.

That's huge. These people are genuinely fucking scared.

This isn't over.
New Shit

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Amøbe wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 pm
so mad people of Reddit, please go nuts and kick those hedge fund cunts hard, with their own game! Amazing trolling.
At first I was like "yeah, right on, bring them vampires down", but who are the people that are having a go now? Not people longing for a more social and friendly society, I would think. No, people who were already doing this small time financial shite. a few shares here and there, people who had already stepped into the dark art of making up money out of thin air, and now with social media, found a way to do something historical. whether that is a massive win or loss, I don't know, but they made the news.

At least it's an action against the bigger evil. These riots in the streets only cause problem for innocent people.
Andy

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

borg wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 am
Amøbe wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 pm
so mad people of Reddit, please go nuts and kick those hedge fund cunts hard, with their own game! Amazing trolling.
At first I was like "yeah, right on, bring them vampires down", but who are the people that are having a go now? Not people longing for a more social and friendly society, I would think. No, people who were already doing this small time financial shite. a few shares here and there, people who had already stepped into the dark art of making up money out of thin air, and now with social media, found a way to do something historical. whether that is a massive win or loss, I don't know, but they made the news.
It's gone beyond that mate. This is a whole other thing.
Once a stock goes over 100% then the shorting is not dependent on the stock falling. The shorting is then gambling on the company collapsing and being delisted. Otherwise there is literally no other way to buy back in.
The fucks got bailed out and pushed in again, now it's shorted so hard the system itself is cracking.

This isn't about some day traders making a few million and sticking it to the man. They have held until the market is breaking.

This is something special.
New Shit

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

Whats that you dont want to trade anymore? You dont want people to buy anymore? Why is that? I like the stock. I thought we live in free fucking market capitalism cunts.
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Circular
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Circular »

One of the best things I heard in a while, definitely made my week. As void said this is really revolutionary, we shouldn't downplay it imo. Fuck these hedge fund bastards, they can all rot in hell. I have 0 sympathy for them

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Divjak wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:05 am
I thought we live in free fucking market capitalism cunts.
well, for me personally, I see a difference between investing in promising technology/companies (and having a return for those investments) and this very artificial money making machine built on perverse greed, that has gotten out of hand a few times already.
the question has been raised in another thread recently: who paid for the 2008 crisis? top dogs didn't really get hurt, did they?
Andy

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

If you treat money and stocks like worthless pieces of paper and ideas they are and harambe buy stocks and not think about it you can make a difference in a head of a billionaire somehow, thats all I know for now.

youtu.be/x1-axqBZdNk
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

I hope this whole fucking corrupt shit systems is collapsing, Hedgfond Managers Heads belongs on a fucking Spike.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Been following this quite closely the last few days and even took a $100 punt on AMC. Though after a fun few days, it looks like The Man unsurprisingly looked after his own. Not long after the story broke trading was halted on Nokia, AMC and around 6 other stonks where they tried to repeat the process.

Now, there are tales coming out about the Robin Hood platform not allowing traders to either cash out or buy more stock while the markets were open. Essentially allowing the hedge funds to pull it back.

I hope the tales of people setting their families up for life come true but billionaires and governments are not about to hand their wealth over to Fµ¢k_Y0uЯ_M0M9385 anytime soon.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Divjak wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:05 am
Whats that you dont want to trade anymore? You dont want people to buy anymore? Why is that? I like the stock. I thought we live in free fucking market capitalism cunts.
This is proof that there is no free market

That's the whole point
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

[wesellboxes] wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm
Been following this quite closely the last few days and even took a $100 punt on AMC. Though after a fun few days, it looks like The Man unsurprisingly looked after his own. Not long after the story broke trading was halted on Nokia, AMC and around 6 other stonks where they tried to repeat the process.

Now, there are tales coming out about the Robin Hood platform not allowing traders to either cash out or buy more stock while the markets were open. Essentially allowing the hedge funds to pull it back.

I hope the tales of people setting their families up for life come true but billionaires and governments are not about to hand their wealth over to Fµ¢k_Y0uЯ_M0M9385 anytime soon.
It didn't matter, the stocks are still over 100% shorted.
The crazies held in the dip. They are still on hold and buy.
It is literally impossible for the shorts to buy back in.
Therefore the debt keeps rising.
This is still on.
All they have to do is not sell.
New Shit