Life innit......

General Chat // Music Discussion
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Life innit......

Post by jordanneke »

Yo, just wanted to say to all you peeps.

Enjoy the good times in yo' life. Drink good beer. Shit is always around the corner :D

Unless you're an alcoholic, then drink good non-alcoholic beer.

borg
Lifer
Re: Life innit......

Post by borg »

Ha was wondering just the other day... Some folks here that have been a bit absent since covid-19, and probably no coincidence, lot of them people with kids...

Everything OK?
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

No beer thanks... Decided to stay off alcohol for a while. 2 weeks without a sip now, plan to make it 1,5 months. Then I have a whole weekender party where I'll probably drink a bit, maybe stay sober after that again.

Had a few too many beers during winter and gained some weigh, trying to get back to 85-90kg (now I'm 100kg or thereabouts). I blame the beer and the hangover pizzas. Not myself naturally, oh no it's not my fault.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

This corona time is pretty unprecedented that's for sure.

I was reflecting on all the time I spent wasted in my 20's. Non, Je ne regrette rien. Although I did drink too much shit beer. That I regret.

Yeah, the weight gain! The amount of excercise I need to do to stay slightly fat is insane

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

jordanneke wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:31 am
The amount of excercise I need to do to stay slightly fat is insane
Classic! And so true.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

jordanneke wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:53 pm
Non-alcoholic beer is for non-alcoholics who are driving... 😄

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

jordanneke wrote:
I thought so too and then I realized it's the diet, not the exercise. Lost 14 kg since last years through changing the diet alone.
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

jordanneke wrote:

Enjoy the good times in yo' life. Drink good beer. Shit is always around the corner :D

Ah dude. We all blunder along through this madness of life crashing into and through heartbreak, grief, pain, loss, fear, sadness... It's a part of human-being.
You gotta just take time to appreciate the good stuff when it is in front of you, and try to carry on without regrets.

Big love fella.
To all.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Lag wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:44 pm
jordanneke wrote:
I thought so too and then I realized it's the diet, not the exercise. Lost 14 kg since last years through changing the diet alone.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Change the diet.

Ditch sugar & cut out bread. No white pasta. Brown pasta & rice. No booze & up your fruit, nut & veg intake. Get rid of processed food / fatty meat.

Everything looks after itself with some regular exercise.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

borg wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:25 pm
Ha was wondering just the other day... Some folks here that have been a bit absent since covid-19, and probably no coincidence, lot of them people with kids...
It's a struggle. A constant loop of meal making & child herding. Good craic. But busy AF.

Hard to do everything 🙃
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Barfunkel wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 am
No beer thanks... Decided to stay off alcohol for a while. 2 weeks without a sip now, plan to make it 1,5 months. Then I have a whole weekender party where I'll probably drink a bit, maybe stay sober after that again.

Had a few too many beers during winter and gained some weigh, trying to get back to 85-90kg (now I'm 100kg or thereabouts). I blame the beer and the hangover pizzas. Not myself naturally, oh no it's not my fault.
Superb idea man. Get organized & you'll have so much more energy. Good stuff in = Good stuff out.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

jordanneke wrote:

Read a good Anglo-Saxon remedy for alcoholism & other stuff recently:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/793 ... -leechbook

Neck pain & insanity are also interesting 😆
17. DRUNKENNESS
If a man has a tendency to “overdrink himself,” get him to take a swig of an infusion of betony leaves before his next drink. But if all else fails, try eating five slices of roasted pig’s lung in the evening.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Críoch wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Lag wrote:
jordanneke wrote:

Ditch sugar & cut out bread. No white pasta. Brown pasta & rice. No booze & up your fruit, nut & veg intake. Get rid of processed food / fatty meat.

I cut all that shit out and got as ripped as possible 2 years ago, but I was miserable, ripped, but miserable. It was not sustainable in the long term. No restrictive diet is.

The problem with sugar and bread is that with the amount of cycling that I do, it's impossible to fuel with out carbs, and lots of them. Bread, pasta, potatoes, energy bars etc. I'm probably 3 kilos over what I'd like to be, but I'm much much faster on the bike than I've ever been.

When I was weight training full-time, it's pretty easy to stay focused on the low carb diet. Then again, you've only got one life. You gotta reach those goals, whatever they may be.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:52 pm
jordanneke wrote:

Ah dude. We all blunder along through this madness of life crashing into and through heartbreak, grief, pain, loss, fear, sadness... It's a part of human-being.
You gotta just take time to appreciate the good stuff when it is in front of you, and try to carry on without regrets.

Big love fella.
To all.
It's funny, when you are young you think 'Those middle-aged people who go to 'work' for 8 hours a day, they know what they are doing with life, they've read the manual and passed the Adult Exam.

Then it dawns on you, there is no handbook, everyone is fucking winging it, there is no FAQ.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

jordanneke wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:01 pm
Críoch wrote:
Lag wrote:

I cut all that shit out and got as ripped as possible 2 years ago, but I was miserable, ripped, but miserable. It was not sustainable in the long term. No restrictive diet is.

The problem with sugar and bread is that with the amount of cycling that I do, it's impossible to fuel with out carbs, and lots of them. Bread, pasta, potatoes, energy bars etc. I'm probably 3 kilos over what I'd like to be, but I'm much much faster on the bike than I've ever been.

When I was weight training full-time, it's pretty easy to stay focused on the low carb diet. Then again, you've only got one life. You gotta reach those goals, whatever they may be.
I get ya.

Personally.. find I'm eating less as I get older. I'm cheap to run 🙂

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

jordanneke wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:01 pm
Críoch wrote:
Lag wrote:

That sounds to me like you are in a good place and going in the right direction. I'm no fitness expert but I would expect that over time that would improve bit by bit. Kinda jealous now as my fitness level is beyond poor! ..

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I'm cycling loads now, but fuck all this sobriety shit.

Drugs and Booze are essential consumables for the apocalypse.

I ain't doing my 15 mile cycle runs unless I'm baked.

I'm not handing the keys back to a perfect shiny well maintained car when the ride is over.

I'm screeching up to the pearly gates sideways, out of my mind, my hair smouldering, with the music up loud, the roof hanging off, bloody bull horns taped to the grill, and the radiator blowing steam like an old train shouting "woooooo what a ride, she's all yours"

None of this subsekt pipe and slippers club you old gits.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Jordan is a beast on the bike. Consistant 20mph average. And easily does 150 miles a week. Every week.

I wish I kept at it, as it a slog to get back to where I was and I wasn't even that quick. Problem it takes up a lot of time in my case.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Mslwte wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:12 pm
Jordan is a beast on the bike. Consistant 20mph average. And easily does 150 miles a week. Every week.

I wish I kept at it, as it a slog to get back to where I was and I wasn't even that quick. Problem it takes up a lot of time in my case.
:lol: me, beast. You're no slouch! Everything is relative. I did a ride on Tuesday over some of the famous cobbled climbs of Flanders. I got dropped like a rock by a young lad I rode with for a bit. He literally left me standing still on the hills as he sailed away.

Dude, I live in the most cycling mad region of the planet. Cyclists here are revered like footballers in the UK, so i'd get slaughtered in any A group ride. What you need to remember here is that it's pancake flat, so what I do may look impressive, but as soon as the road inclines over 1%, i'm fucked and my average drops to like 25kph.

It's weird. I do it cos I like the challenge of getting better, but I also hate myself more for being shit relative to others.But during that time, my mind is free, free to focus on the pain and how I should be going faster. It clears my mind.

Yeah, about the time, I spend about 6-8 hours a week, but no-one is calling me dad, and I can drink beer afterwards

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Cyclist over here, too. It's so awesome, just roll and free your mind, discover the world. I mean, I'm struggling with some knee issues atm, but I'm riding for years now around the area and still find new routes, abandoned places and stuff. Got a 'gravel bike' last winter and hooray, I'm now able to check out the woods, too. Must be a tough one, Jordan, cycling in your area.. all the time some motivated youngsters passing by, haha. On the other hand, fuck all that comparison, just be happy to beat yourself or have a good time. No need for competition at all, the world is yours.
:geek: