WTF Behringer cloned the BD 770 pro

General Chat // Music Discussion

Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: WTF Behringer cloned the BD 770 pro

Post by Mono-xID »

Even your kids kid will see Uli Behringer. Because of his cloning technique he is constantly cloning himself so he will live forever.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Fourty Two
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by Fourty Two »

I had rule to stay away from anything Behringer that has audio signal running through and that is why I had just BCR2K :)

My brief encounter with original years ago was interesting, yet this seems...

... bit absurd too say at least.

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

Has Anyone tested these?
Less is not always more.

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

This really highlights the absurdity of their model. I think cloning out-of-production boxes as close to the original as possible isn't so bad. They obviously saw that people didn't want another digital emulation of a roland machine but instead wanted as close to the real thing as possible, which is something that roland wasn't making.

The DFAM clone is weird, and this is even weirder. Both of these things are currently in production and easy to get. The DFAM is missing MIDI but otherwise it is identical. I actually ended up buying a DFAM because I thought the Edge looked good and then, after considering it for a while, decided this was finally a bit far for me and I'd just buy the original, figuring it'll hold its value better anyway.

Something about cloning headphones (and even stealing the fucking appearance and name) seems absurd to me. They're not even unobtainable, super high-end headphones. They're one of the most popular models of studio headphones.

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

Anyone know how they perform?
Less is not always more.