Re: Techno Gossip

Post by chava »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:27 pm
chava wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:24 pm
Well the upshot of this is that whatever "career" poocow had left seems to be pretty much dead. He basically dug his own grave, kept digging and then hit himself over the head, repeatedly, with the shovel.
Lynched by the mob. Feels so good to be a part of, eh? So, who do you propose we go for next?
Are you f*ING kidding me?
He's been doing this shit for yeeeeeaaaaars.
"Pulling a Pacou" was once a fucking term.
A huge number of people who have been around in the scene for any length of time have a story about him.
He's notorious for it, this was basically a long time coming.

Weirdly he's been ok with me, but when our ships passed I already was kinda known for biting back, so he was fine, but everyone I know has had a techno Hitler moment.

Does it feel good? In this case, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person... So yeah.
Your high horse in this case is a pony.

If you want you could send some flowers to Tresor and they could forward them to him.
If someone had a problem with whatever behaviour Pacou has displayed before, maybe they should have confronted with him face to face. Just as Pacou obviously should have talked to that Luca guy before he made that stupid feedback comment. Waiting fora
a faux pas to virally explode on social media and getting in on the collective dopamine fix in not really how to do it IMO.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

People have confronted him many times.
The thing is a resident and also a one time booker at Tresor he (was at least perceived) of as having a position of power. So apart from when he had big public spats with people like Frankie Bones (and many others), I think the smaller fish he pissed on felt a bit powerless.
So this incident has basically gotten everyone out of the woodwork.
It's the rushing water through the hole in the damn effect, a microcosm of #metoo.
If he had of shat on me I would have gone for the fucker, and if it was public I would have come at him, but I don't give a fuck, not everyone has that in them.
Like I said, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
I generally play devils avocado in any mass situation, I naturally question herd mentality, if this was someone who really didn't deserve it, I'd already be fighting with people over it myself calling for reason. Sometimes though, the mob earn their kill.

Also this is the techno gossip subject, if you can't handle the handbags then get off the stage girlfriend, it's time to lip sync for your life.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:19 am
People have confronted him many times.
The thing is a resident and also a one time booker at Tresor he (was at least perceived) of as having a position of power. So apart from when he had big public spats with people like Frankie Bones (and many others), I think the smaller fish he pissed on felt a bit powerless.
So this incident has basically gotten everyone out of the woodwork.
It's the rushing water through the hole in the damn effect, a microcosm of #metoo.
If he had of shat on me I would have gone for the fucker, and if it was public I would have come at him, but I don't give a fuck, not everyone has that in them.
Like I said, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
I generally play devils avocado in any mass situation, I naturally question herd mentality, if this was someone who really didn't deserve it, I'd already be fighting with people over it myself calling for reason. Sometimes though, the mob earn their kill.

Also this is the techno gossip subject, if you can't handle the handbags then get off the stage girlfriend, it's time to lip sync for your life.
Everyone trolled on Frankie Bones on discogs back then. If Pacou acts likewise (as a self-pretentious pompous ass) he of course should handle a bit of trolling as well. But if he really was misusing his position as a booker (or ""influencer"", argh) at Tresor why the heck didn't someone confront Tresor with it back then?

If he has just acted stupid on social media let him be, as you said he was probably already loosing bookings because of that. DJ'ing is a not a job for contrarians. The only one who had made a career out of it is Aphex Twin. Though he wouldn't survive a week in todays world of call-out culture sheeple.

It is the vicious witchhunt that gets to me and Tresor complying as they were a f*cking corporation only concerned about image. I have no personal interest in Pacou; I've met him once back in the 90s. He was a huge nerd, maybe had a bit of problem with social interactions, but so what, I guess Aphex is the same. He is just worth more $$$.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I don't know. I think Tresor should have dealt with Poocow a long time ago.
After his mad right wing rants a couple of years back, his gigs and releases died way back and he went quiet. I guess there are more fans for the shit to hit these days, and crap flies about further and faster.
Maybe it was the final straw for Tresor.
It's a little like the Weinstein thing, at least finally it has come to light and been dealt with.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

There is a difference between social awkwardness and being a cunt to people.
New Shit

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:44 pm
After his mad right wing rants a couple of years back, his gigs and releases died way back and he went quiet. I guess there are more fans for the shit to hit these days, and crap flies about further and faster.
It's a little like the Weinstein thing, at least finally it has come to light and been dealt with.
Perhaps, or maybe people are just more touchy now. A few rants doesn't hardly constitute being compared to Weinstein.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

chava wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:01 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
Perhaps, or maybe people are just more touchy now. A few rants doesn't hardly constitute being compared to Weinstein.
Its not just about 'a few rants though'. Theres a difference between someone venting on social media the one time and maybe saying something they shouldnt of and in return, getting lynched online for it... But if you have a known history of being a pure bred cunt to people, then honestly, its only the natural 360 of life until all them years of being a cunt comes back to bite you in the ass.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Louk
fancy woman

Post by Louk »

Exactly Rene,

Also just seen my mates have booked you in Bristol on 28th Jun. Looks like it'll be a good laugh! I'm on a mini honeymoon with mrs (we did plan to go awakenings festival but she will be 7 months pregnant by then so staying local). My friend Matt is DJing alongside you.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Louk wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:29 pm
Exactly Rene,

Also just seen my mates have booked you in Bristol on 28th Jun. Looks like it'll be a good laugh! I'm on a mini honeymoon with mrs (we did plan to go awakenings festival but she will be 7 months pregnant by then so staying local). My friend Matt is DJing alongside you.
Oh really? Fucking small world aye! :lol:

but yeah, im looking forward to it!
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Louk
fancy woman

Post by Louk »

Drop me your email mate will add you to promo pool. Got some tracks I think you'd like :)

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

RWise wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:20 pm
chava wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:01 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
Its not just about 'a few rants though'. Theres a difference between someone venting on social media the one time and maybe saying something they shouldnt of and in return, getting lynched online for it... But if you have a known history of being a pure bred cunt to people, then honestly, its only the natural 360 of life until all them years of being a cunt comes back to bite you in the ass.
Yes, that's is correct. But how many of those people jumping on the hate on FB had personal experiences with Pacou? How much is vonhorensagen? And I don't care about his political opinions. The most political outspoken techno artists will probably run the society to the ground in no time short if they were in power, so why should I take Pacous rants more seriously?

rozze
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by rozze »

so, onto zeh next gossip: rumor has it that kobosil has secured himself a juicy ban from berghain (including bookings) for half a year because he brought in hookers through the backstage entrance and had a little hooker party during a berghain night (together with some other dude), including hijacking the dj booth in order to annoy (i.e. moving faders and shit..) the dj who was actually in the middle of playing. probably a bit too much rock'n roll testosteron for zeh moral council of zeh techno palace.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

rozze wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 am
so, onto zeh next gossip: rumor has it that kobosil has secured himself a juicy ban from berghain (including bookings) for half a year because he brought in hookers through the backstage entrance and had a little hooker party during a berghain night (together with some other dude), including hijacking the dj booth in order to annoy (i.e. moving faders and shit..) the dj who was actually in the middle of playing. probably a bit too much rock'n roll testosteron for zeh moral council of zeh techno palace.
Was he drinking Capri-Sun the whole time?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I don't know who Kobosil is but it sounds like semi respectable rock and roll behaviour, apart from the fucking with the DJ bit, and the fact that techno isn't rock and roll.
New Shit

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:39 pm
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I don't know who Kobosil is but it sounds like semi respectable rock and roll behaviour, apart from the fucking with the DJ bit, and the fact that techno isn't rock and roll.
It is..
I've been in a rave last saturday.
Got shut down 1.30h before it's closing because of coke and peoples ego, fighting and stuff.
No self control..

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I`m not anti drugs in any way, but cocain is a fucking plague these days.
Everyone does it, even just in the pub having a fucking pint, people are in the bogs shovings satans foot powder up their noses.

Zero people are more fun or nicer to be around on coke.
It makes everyone into an asshole, and if you think it doesn`t make you into an asshole, that`s because you are an asshole.
New Shit

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:07 pm
I`m not anti drugs in any way, but cocain is a fucking plague these days.
Everyone does it, even just in the pub having a fucking pint, people are in the bogs shovings satans foot powder up their noses.

Zero people are more fun or nicer to be around on coke.
It makes everyone into an asshole, and if you think it doesn`t make you into an asshole, that`s because you are an asshole.
Well I don't think that everyone is an asshole on a coke, it's depends how person could control himself and how much he does, there's a line, but it's matters from person to person who will cross it

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I`ve not met one single person who, when they have taken coke, I have thought "hmm this person is much nicer and more fun to be around".
At best they become slightly annoying but tolerable.

It bolsters the ego and lowers inhibitions whilst reducing social awareness = asshole candy Crap drug.
New Shit

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

rozze wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 am
Don't see a problem with the partying side of that, but fucking with someone's set is a shitty move. He should be banned/suspended.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I dunno, hooker party and Techno is not really compatible.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005