Why Do You Make Music?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Ben Kohonays
Quaint
Re: Why Do You Make Music?

Post by Ben Kohonays »

0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

TonyVegazz
brown envelope

Post by TonyVegazz »

for ass-n-titties.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Alright, but is it the first 'groupie' that grabs your dick and takes you to the nearest bathroom stall, or do you have a harem at your beck and call? But whatever, do whatever the fuck you want if it makes you happy. Doubt it though.

edit: reply @Tony, if that wasn't completely clear here
how far do you want to go

TonyVegazz
brown envelope

Post by TonyVegazz »

@tsaro Just to make everything clear - i'm into DJ Assault and have a quite strange sense of humor. I make music just for myself and i'm always left in disbelief if someone is diggin' or even signing my tracks. I think it's the best hobby for me as an prospective introvert due to the fact that making music is creative, technical and very intimate. It just makes me feel good.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Alright, cool. Tbh I thought you were some star chaser as your outputI've heard, didn't hear much and it was solid, but if we're being brutally honrest here anyway seems like cookie cutter paint by numbers formfactor aping to me. Whenre is the art, where do you jump out and freakl the fuck out with your baggage. Art. Only thing is, I often fill in th eblanks when it's something I litera;lly don't care about (serious things are, well serious, and demand more in depth analysis). So that might be the reason this started playing out like that as well here. So this was something coming out of a hollow and incomplete image. Reading people online is hard (at least to me, duh;)

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Well I guess I'll stay offline for a bit need some time to cool down with something real, in this state I'll just keep tearing through everything that moves not sure if that is advisable like that....

At least that last post is just my subjective opinion, doesn't make it any better though that's at least why I seem like poison to everything I touch atm. Something changed, gotta get back....Usually managing that takes no effort at all.

algo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by algo »

Love all aspects of making music from the initial concepts to it sometimes going a different direction, to getting annoyed with it, to mixing it, and sending it off to get mastered. Also finding half made tracks you've written that still sound great but you know are always going to stay on your HDD becuase you want to make something new next time. I seem to enjoy making music more in the winter - maybe it reflects in the music I make as well.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

yeah, I also make a lot more music in winter.

Something about sitting inside looking at a screen when the weather is nice, just seems unappealing.

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

I think I'm most productive in the summer, but that's probably just because I've had a fair bit of time off in the summers the last couple years. I like rolling out of bed at 10ish, making some coffee, opening the windows and setting myself down in the studio (which is actually just my living room). Bizarrely, I really prefer making music in the morning/early afternoon. I don't have a family and I live alone, so that gives me more flexibility than many.

As far as why, it's just become such an integral part of how I express myself and let off steam that I don't think I could do without it. It's been my #1 use of my spare time for around 10 years. I find it satisfying both as a hobby and a "serious" artistic pursuit.

I also really enjoy engaging with it as a culture around me. Making music and performing live is my favorite way to do that. I don't make music to please people, but I do love performing. However, I was making music for quite a while before I started performing live. Performance just added another dimension to why I do it.