Subsekt member mix 2018 See page 5

General Chat // Music Discussion
terryfalafel
Component
Re: Subsekt member mix 2018 See page 5

Post by terryfalafel »

There are some cracking tracks on this. Well done to everyone who contributed. Perhaps next year will be the year which I finally submit something haha...

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Well done, mix is great.. There are alot of class inside.
Somebody around 30min mark killed it :)

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

Great job to all those involved and of course Planar for mixing it together.
It's nice to hear so much variation in style.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

This turned out great, despite one of my tracks being crammed in there somewhere :P Nice job Planar, and of course everyone who contributed.
how far do you want to go

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I've listened to this a few times now.

There really is an astonishing level on this forum.

Congrats all round.

Can we make this a sticky somehow?

kertikristof
Wastedddd

Post by kertikristof »

I second that, it's an amazing mix. Congrats to every contributor!
https://intech.studio <- Modular MIDI controllers, MaxForLive devices, DIY Eurorack panels and intech life.
@ https://www.instagram.com/intechstudio/

suppressor
Alf Garnett

Post by suppressor »

Awesome stuff guys, there is some really quality stuff throughout this mix.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Only had a couple of listens but yeah really great mix that encompasses a few genres without loosing any flow. A lot on talent on here and special thanks to Planar.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Great sequencing & mixing Planar. Really enjoyed it. Quality of tracks is superb. We've got some hard workers out there.

Lots of excellent sounds in there to make your ears pop. That vocal track with the keys was dope. Loved the melodic techno vibe at the start.. then how it got skuzzy at the end. A great listen. Looking forward to giving it another spin.

Thanks to everyone for submitting tracks. Great to be presented like this.

Also hats off to the Selectah! Appreciate the time Planar has taken, getting the mix sounding so fucking slick.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Tracklisting and my post-mortem should be up after the weekend. I just need to go through and match artist names to forum names. Once again the tags on the files were atrocious, you should all be ashamed :lol:

CubiK Mass
Alf Garnett

Post by CubiK Mass »

Get a Subsekt label on the go on Bandcamp...

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I second this, needs to happen. For many of us it would be great...
CubiK Mass wrote:Get a Subsekt label on the go on Bandcamp...

Thanks once again Planar you rock for doing this, hats off!
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Hmm, kinda tempting. And easy enough to do.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Yeah I was wondering how the label doesn't already exist
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mslwte wrote:
Seriously.

We could even put out a cassette compilation a couple of times a year.
I`d be willing to invest.

I`m thinking about buying a Nakamichi master and duplication unit to start doing tape anyway.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

Great idea!

A combination of digital and physical (casette, CD,...) would be nice.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mslwte wrote:
Seriously.

I`m thinking about buying a Nakamichi master and duplication unit to start doing tape anyway.
What sort of numbers of cassettes do you think would be good to do? I've looked at doing them myself and it's not too expensive. But I was only thinking small numbers (for myself). It was something like 20 cassettes with printed sleeves for £75.

https://www.bandcds.co.uk/cassettes/cas ... plication/
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Seriously.

Wish I hadn't ditched the car tape deck now! Think I've still got a tape deck somewhere around the house. I'm sure the analogue warmth of the tape will make things sound just that little bit better than it already does!

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Here's the track listing and some notes I've just taken after listening through again. I've been honest with my thoughts on each track. Overall the mix is a bit random, but it somehow comes together and works. Apologies to those that missed out, I received some really good music that wouldn't fit in. Again, I didn't really get much broken beat stuff or anything that really gave me an avenue to play some of the weirder stuff. 1 person missed out as they only seem to pop up when these mixes are announced and I never see or hear them on the forum any other time- which is a shame as their track is brilliant. See you all next year :lol:

1 Jordan Louis - Gregory
Jordan gets the hattrick of inclusions in the mix. It was really hard to pick a track to start with this time- there were no obvious starter tunes without going with Hades again. I think this is the strongest track Jordan sent me this time so I decided to start things on a housier tip and go from there. The kick drum of this tune has maybe a bit too much distortion and the outro was a bit awkward with the speech so close to the end, so I made a rough loop and slowly filtered out the bass line into the next track, which works quite well.

2 Michael Lovatt - Carbide
MSL sent me a bunch of really strong tracks and I could have picked any of them for the mix. I went with Carbide as it glued between Jordan and Barfunkles track fairly nicely.

3 Barfunkle - Steamroller
This is one that was in and out for a while, it's a bit lacking in sub and drums felt a bit over punchy to me when I was testing it out in the mix. But, musically it fit really well with MSL's track and I was struggling with anything else to replace it, so it ended up in. I love how the chords are modulated in this one and the rides are done really well, also.

4 Hanos (Bioniceye) - Glider
I wasn't sure about this for a long time, the bassline and melody are a little naive for my tastes, but at the same time I found it charming. Bioniceye sent me a couple of tracks last year, and to be honest, they probably weren't good enough to include, but this one is much better so I wanted to give an active member some exposure in the mix. This starts a section of tracks that a bit random, but somehow it seems to work, so meh.

5 Tzukenbauer - TM06
This track is a total cliche, but it's brilliant! The breakdown is so effective. 303 done really well in my opinion, and I could imagine some label out there would love to sign this track. I really screwed up the mix into this one- sorry!

6 Shidzo - Malou
Another one I wasn't sure about. The melody is erring on the side of trance for my tastes (is that trendy again now?), and the kick seemed to have a weird transient in the mix. There's a noise in this track, a little delayed stab thing that really reminds me of the Man with no name remix of Schoneberg by Marmion.

7 [we sell boxes] - Flat On My Back
The first techno track in the mix? I'm not sure. There's not a great deal to say about this one, I think it's made really well.

8 Hades - The Age Of Innocence (Master)
I put this here to show Hades his music can fit halfway through a mix as well (stop the bloody drum fade in's though!). It's Hades, it's exactly what you'd expect; very musical. I looped the sub-bass of the last track quite a way into this one as it did seems a little more weedy compared the very techno track that preceded it and it was a little jarring just fading straight into this track without doing that.

9 Vo0doo-animism
This is brilliant, exactly the kind of track I used to play all the time in my active DJ days. Dubby, a bit druggy and a great groove.

10 Kromasome - Light and Shade
I should probably have put this into the first half of the mix as it's on the housier side of things, but hindsight is wonderful. This has a nice groovy swelling bass noise that I love and always stuck in my mind when I listened to all the tracks I was sent, so it had to be in somewhere.

11 Oskar - Star Seed
This is a pain in the arse to mix into, a short intro and sudden stops don't play well with my mixing style. Oskar sent me a couple of solid tool-techno tracks, all of them were very well made andI could have picked either of his tracks and they would have fit here- I personally preferred the vibe of this track the most.

12 August Sequences (Thomas Timusk) - Hostile
Another total cliche of a track, but it's executed very well. Thomas sent me another track called "BM" that I preferred to this one, but I couldn't make it fit into the mix in a sane way, so I went with the easy option and included this one instead.

13 Kosh Mason (Kostas) - Panelipsis 291217
Trying to attempt to build up to an ending now and the glassy pad noises in this track were suitably epic. For some reason, this track always sounded messy in the mix even when it was dead on with the other tracks- I'm not sure why.

14 Corrosive (Evert) - Accepting The Inevitable
I'm a big fan of Everts work, there's a nice cruncy, marching beat in this one and the pads are nicely melancholic without going too far. Excellent produced track.

15 bMslwte - Strength test
Fucking hell, this is so strong. That filthy, reesey bass is right up my alley. Had a lot of fun mixing this into Corrosives track with a the intro looping quite far through the back end of Accepting the Inevitable- just how I love to mix 4x4 tracks.

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

Planar wrote: Had a lot of fun mixing this into Corrosives track with a the intro looping quite far through the back end of Accepting the Inevitable- just how I love to mix 4x4 tracks.
Nothing better than a really long, layered mix between tracks!