New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

Hyle wrote:
I used to go once a year but for the tax haven part only. :lol:
It's a beautiful place but unfortunately not very cheap for a broke youngster like me. Never know this mountain bike thing, but I'm not a bike type, I love mountains but I just prefer to walk.
And, beside that, I was born and live very close to mountain resort villages, so I had never had the necessity to do tourism or go to a specific place. When I want to do trekking or skying, I have the possibility to do them at home. ;)
I suppose I have a similar thing with the North Sea coast in Belgium (far not as pretty as say Livigno, but yeah, just giving a local example),
I grew up only 20 mins away from it,
and for me, it was just "bwooaah, for retired folks" :D
you know ?

one doesn't appreciate the beauty of what one is accustomed to see every day,
unless someone else (usually a visitor) points it out to you.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

hanlon
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by hanlon »

Hi guys, bit slow on the uptake with checking back on this! Thanks for making me feel welcome and being included in friendly slagging banter :)
In answer to being a button pusher, perhaps. I tried to buy Technics in London for 3months and they are not easy to grab/buy two together so I gave up.*Traktor is next best thing*haha.

I hope to be a bit more vocal in the coming while,
Slan

KulturIndustry
sad bastard

Post by KulturIndustry »

Not new, but been gone so long I might as well be ... anyways, hello again everyone.

sinesnsnares
Pig

Post by sinesnsnares »

Hey all, been lurking around for about six months, decided to sign up, mostly for feedback but also discussions about music.

I've been producing for about 4, or 5, I use logic. Now that I'm finally finishing my degree I look forward to spending a lot more time on my productions as opposed to just doing it for fun. I like pretty much all forms of electronic music that have some grit, and i guess i prefer techno tracks that are less "polished," but without being too hard.

When it comes to music, I like pretty much anybody. Ben Klock, Denise Rabe, Mattias Fridell (was pretty cool to learn he posted on here), Luis Flores, Mike Parker, etc. Also listen to other kinds of music and dig guys like four tet, burial, and everyone on the Deep Medi label.

Cheers,
Thomas Timusk

Sine Wars
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Sine Wars »

Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to take part in here & sign up.
I started producing about 4 years ago using FL Studio, today I use Ableton.
My focus is on techno & dnb, but I'm quiet open to every kind of electronic music.
I rarely listen to techno and honestly i'm not really into the techno-scene, but I enjoy its focus on sounddesign.
This is why i can't name any idols - i like everything, that is well done and fits my mood.

Hope we'll have a great time here,

cheers,

Timo

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

sinesnsnares wrote:Mike Parker, etc.

are you sure about that ?
do you like the ever repeating springy sound that much ???
every track of that guy sounds like more of the same, every fucking track, till kingdom come...

otherwise more than welcome ! ;)

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Don't mention the boing...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

surface wrote:Don't mention the boing...
boi-oi-oi-oi-oing boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boi-oi-oi-oi-oing boom boom boom boom boom boom boom
boi-oi-oi-oi-oing boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boi-oi-oi-oi-oing boom boom boom boom boom boom boom

repeat ad infinitum

there you go I just typed a new Mike Parker track !!!!!

:mrgreen:

.Guide
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by .Guide »

Evening,

I'm Chris from the painfully exotic Milton Keynes.

Long time lurker, always read this site - especially for all the good info over in the "the Hole"

Music fan, enjoy playing records and have been making music for about 6/7 years now.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome Chris!

Congrats on the 'head above the parapet' moment. Happens to us all :D
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

.Guide wrote:Evening,

Long time lurker, always read this site - especially for all the good info over in the "the Hole"

Music fan, enjoy playing records and have been making music for about 6/7 years now.
make sure you don't sit under a coconut tree Chris, that shit can be deadly exotic !

got any more tracks than that single one on your SC,
cause I'm loving it !
DnB with an atmospheric touch, mmmmm

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

and welcome !

Opasse
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Opasse »

hi! I'm Opasse from Rennes, france. I used to go te free party and now i'm more into ambiant and noise stuff but still producing and mixing techno. I produce in the crew NVNA ( with Rohr Sha who is also on subsekt forum ) .

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Hades wrote:

repeat ad infinitum

Fuckin lol :lol:
You really have it in for poor Mike hey Hades?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SFBM wrote:
Hades wrote:

repeat ad infinitum

Fuckin lol :lol:
well, not just me, but I think me and Mono-xID hate him the most,
but since Mono has been coming and going lately, someone needs to hold up the flag and stand ground.
he makes the same tracks over and over again, and somehow people all think he's fantastic.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Hades wrote:
SFBM wrote:
Hades wrote: Fuckin lol :lol:
well, not just me, but I think me and Mono-xID hate him the most,
but since Mono has been coming and going lately, someone needs to hold up the flag and stand ground.
he makes the same tracks over and over again, and somehow people all think he's fantastic.
Hahaha, shared hatred hey?

I get your point, but you could also say that about a tonne of techno artists.
I mean regis's stuff is kind of like that in a way, but I could listen to a lot of his tracks and not get bored or feel it was 'samey', but analyze them and they sort of are.
Personal preference I guess :P

.Guide
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by .Guide »

Hades wrote:
.Guide wrote:Evening,

make sure you don't sit under a coconut tree Chris, that shit can be deadly exotic !

cause I'm loving it !
Thank you, there is more but still on the boil at the moment ;0

If I were you though, i'd just go straight to the best..

youtu.be/tBCHoGDIjSU

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

.Guide wrote:
Hades wrote:

cause I'm loving it !

youtu.be/tBCHoGDIjSU

load them up as WIP's man,

and really I don't consider your track that much less than that classic here above.
I rarely buy DnB records, but whenever I come across a few that have this laidback flavour, I always go for them...

some of the last ones I got :

youtu.be/EjvWngT_6H0

youtu.be/C4mky4xYK9Q

but I still very much need a few eeks of time to label all my records.
I bought way too many of them in the last few years.

.Guide
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by .Guide »

Hades wrote:
.Guide wrote:
Hades wrote:

cause I'm loving it !

youtu.be/tBCHoGDIjSU

load them up as WIP's man,

and really I don't consider your track that much less than that classic here above.
I rarely buy DnB records, but whenever I come across a few that have this laidback flavour, I always go for them...
That's very kind of you!

I don't do online w.i.p's anymore, I find they can quickly spoil the flow of creative juice that helps you finish something pure - akin to taking your cake out of the oven and having a look before it has risen properly.

If you are interested to hear some more pm me.

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

thanks for activating my account. it went straight into spam why i thought the forum wasn't hosted anymore.

just got back into making music again. made lots of drum & bass, breakbeat and downbeat back in the days. also had some releases between 1999 and 2007.
started with hardware, sold everything, now bought some elektron gear as well as a minitaur.
aiming to do techhouse, minimal nu disco indie whatever it is called. electronic music with 4/4 bass drum, bassline and heavy focus on groove. not so interested in hard banging bassdrums being the centre of interest.
tried getting back into music more often than i tried to quit smoking. well... having a cigarette now and then and as it seems i slowly get back into music as well.
read through a lot of threads. seems the most valuable forum for production (which is not drum & bass) i read so far.