the film topic

General Chat // Music Discussion
Dust Layer
leper
Re: the film topic

Post by Dust Layer »

Yes maybe, and that whole internet thing with free downloads etc doesn't help.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Dust Layer wrote:You guys go to cinema or watch at home most of time?
I think the last time I was in the cinema for a recent film must have been something like 7 years ago or more.
I find the prices they ask insane, plus 90% of the cinema's here in Belgium only show the popcorn shit.
I used to live in Leuven for 10 years, which is the biggest univ town in Belgium,
and there one used to have 2 other cinema's to choose from apart from the popcorn shit,
but they closed down a few years ago, so after that I didn't bother any more.

And leuven is already a small half hour away from me, so going to the cinema is an expensive and well planned event for me.

However, a few times a year I go to Brussels to watch old films in the cinema.
I follow the "retrospectives" they have from time to time about certain directors and the special exhibits around certain themes or whatever,
and then I pick a film or two that I want to see, usually stuff I can't get my hands on anyway because they are too obscure and/or too old.
I love those moments.

But I used to watch about 20 films a month for approx 10 years straight, almost always rentals.
Unfortunately, the last 2 years I've had to cut down that tempo...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Ploy
skaghead

Post by Ploy »

Der Samarai- this film is a complete waste of time. Fucking shit. I kept hoping that it would get better and have some type of redeeming quality. It does not, unless you consider a transexual with an erection a redeeming quality. It seems like this was the entire point of the movie. Lame.

Ploy
skaghead

Post by Ploy »

WinterSleep-This is a Turkish film. It's set somewhere in eastern Turkey . The scenery is quite beautiful and yet you can tell that it's quite a harsh climate. The houses are pretty cool built into cliffs...
The film is about an old man who was an actor and his fathered owned a hotel and was a landlord of the surrounding land. Now the son has taken over the hotel. I don't have a fucking clue as to what the film is about but it's 3 and a quarter hours long and I watched the whole thing and found it to be quite enjoyable. I will give it 7.685 out of 10.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Ploy wrote:WinterSleep-This is a Turkish film. It's set somewhere in eastern Turkey . The scenery is quite beautiful and yet you can tell that it's quite a harsh climate. The houses are pretty cool built into cliffs...
The film is about an old man who was an actor and his fathered owned a hotel and was a landlord of the surrounding land. Now the son has taken over the hotel. I don't have a fucking clue as to what the film is about but it's 3 and a quarter hours long and I watched the whole thing and found it to be quite enjoyable. I will give it 7.685 out of 10.
It's Nuri Bilge Ceylan.

I've seen all his films.
This one was ok, but not really that great. Too long not bad in essence, but not enough to keep the viewer really interested for so long.

You should have seen "3 Monkeys" or "Once Upon A Time In Anatollia"
fucking awesome films ! :shock:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Ploy wrote: unless you consider a transexual with an erection a redeeming quality.
I'll send you a selfie via PM immediately...

in high definition, of course...

Ploy
skaghead

Post by Ploy »

Uhhh...thanks for the offer but no thanks.

Ploy
skaghead

Post by Ploy »

Noir(NWA)- this is a French film but not french as in France, French as in from Quebec, k-bek or as they are more commonly know those French cunts over there.

I suppose one could say this is a film about what it's like to be black and poor living in Mon Real. As is often the case with folks of colour there are scenes involving drug dealing and basketball...Typical media portrail of minorities. How come there's never any films with black people as accountants or fashion designers or something else? Hmmm I supose that would make for a boring film... Anyways, basically it's 4 people and how their lives cross and interact.

I liked it, sort of dark and gritty side of la belle province. 8.462 out of 10.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Ploy wrote:How come there's never any films with black people as accountants or fashion designers or something else? Hmmm I supose that would make for a boring film... .
Try "Bamboozled" by Spike Lee,
about a tv producer that has trouble coming up with a concept for a new show.
it's a hilarious film about racism in all it's different forms and shapes.

I mean, basically, it shows normal developped black folks, and the only way they can make a show about blacks is when they confirm all the typical racist cliché's...

youtu.be/aeixbIQRx68

Timmi Hillnigger yo !!
It's ghetto-fabulous !!! :lol: :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Ploy wrote:Uhhh...thanks for the offer but no thanks.
I'll pose with Steve wearing nothing but a pink wig and straw skirt !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

it'll make you get your freak on !

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Watching Glengarry Glenn Ross.

Ain't seen it in years. Great performances all over the place.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

anyone seen FAULTS ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3021360/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Claire is under the grip of a mysterious new cult called Faults. Desperate to be reunited with their daughter, Claire's parents recruit one of the world's foremost experts on mind control, Ansel Roth.
great movie! definitely wasn't what i was expecting. haven't seen anything quite like it. very entertaining indie film.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:Watching Glengarry Glenn Ross.

Ain't seen it in years. Great performances all over the place.
oh yeah loved that one...

Jack Lemmon and Al Pacino and Ed Harris and Kevin Spacey
hard to fuck up a film with those actors...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ozias_leduc wrote:anyone seen FAULTS ?

Claire is under the grip of a mysterious new cult called Faults. Desperate to be reunited with their daughter, Claire's parents recruit one of the world's foremost experts on mind control, Ansel Roth.
great movie! definitely wasn't what i was expecting. haven't seen anything quite like it. very entertaining indie film.
could you tell me a bit more aout it ?

scamartist
Chernobyl

Post by scamartist »

Watched a Jake Gyllenhaal movie called Enemy last night 2 words for it, don't bother.

Arty crap.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Hades wrote:
ozias_leduc wrote:anyone seen FAULTS ?

could you tell me a bit more aout it ?
i'm hesitant to, because i think it's best to watch it without knowing much about it!

but if i must, i would say it's not such a straight forward film... is it a comedy? a drama? a crime film? a supernatural mystery? you never really know what it is or where it's going- but it's a really fun ride.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

scamartist wrote:Watched a Jake Gyllenhaal movie called Enemy last night 2 words for it, don't bother.

Arty crap.

Enemy was fucking awesome.
It's all about the psyche, I loved it. Really nice direction and pacing.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

thx for just reminding of one of the saddest films I saw this year : "Incendies"
which is from Dennis Villeneuve as well.
Not a perfect film by far, but my God is it ever a great portret of all the hatred and wars in the Middle East...

I talked about this film earlier in this topic, I'm sure, but I'm just mentioning it again for dust layer who was asking for sad films...