Kraemer and Wilson

General Chat // Music Discussion
bergertron
site spammer
Re: Kraemer and Wilson

Post by bergertron »

Can't beat a bit of Screwdrivercore or hammercore (bit slower but packs a punch)

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Lost to the Void wrote:I really do wish I knew the music that used to get played on one of thensoundsystems in our collective.
It was the most fucked up darkest nastiest grabber doomcore shit.
The beats were all over the place.
so do i now! what do you mean the beats were all over the place? i'm trying to think what that could be. normal doomcore is pretty straight 4/4

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

This stuff was just mental, beats would change, there would be lots of Beatless shit.
It was definitely in 4/4 or at least to a grid, but the beats weren't regular, repetitive beats it was not.
Shit was just all over the place.
The guys that used to mix it mixed in a way I've not seen or heard since either.
They'd leave the bass out for ages, teese and teese.
2 or 3 vinyls could go in and out with the bass cut.

It was extremely technical and dark as fuck.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Serious time is it junglecore? Mates use to play I hated it becoz it made no sense

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

No it one want junglecore. It was, I think it was out of the spiral, traveller grabber side of things. They used to have a lot of original producers come and DJ.

We also had crossbones as part of the collective, and if you know your doomcore then you know those guys spearheaded it in the day.

We just knew em as mates who were, for our crowd, a bit nerdy, we didn't realise at the time that they were the kings of doomcore.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Never heard of Junglecore. If you mean Jungle though, I fucking love the early stuff. So many amazing tracks that still sound great today were put out around that time. Mark Ryder's Strictly Underground Records was fucking awesome.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

I love normal jungle super sharper shooter

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Lost to the Void wrote:This stuff was just mental, beats would change, there would be lots of Beatless shit.
It was definitely in 4/4 or at least to a grid, but the beats weren't regular, repetitive beats it was not.
The guys that used to mix it mixed in a way I've not seen or heard since either.

This sounds like some of the sets I heard from the Dj Producer to me. I also heard Limewax play a live set which came across similar, although he came from a totally different scene and direction.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

willemb wrote:This sounds like some of the sets I heard from the Dj Producer to me.
The DJ Producer & Hellfish used to (and probably still do) make some great tracks that were heavily influenced from early Hip-Hop. Hellfish's Deathchant Records early releases were amazing and still sound good today (imo). And who could forget Area 51 Recordings. And fucking Lenny Dee's Industrial Strength! 3 of my favorite labels from that genre.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Lenny dee is a legend

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

willemb wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:This stuff was just mental, beats would change, there would be lots of Beatless shit.

This sounds like some of the sets I heard from the Dj Producer to me. I also heard Limewax play a live set which came across similar, although he came from a totally different scene and direction.
dj producer is usually just straight hardcore really, i mean it's dnb breakbeaty/crossbreed stuff a lot of the time but i dont think that's what steve is talking about

limewax similarly is just hard dnb

not doomy at all

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Wiu wrote:
willemb wrote:This sounds like some of the sets I heard from the Dj Producer to me.
The DJ Producer & Hellfish used to (and probably still do) make some great tracks that were heavily influenced from early Hip-Hop. Hellfish's Deathchant Records early releases were amazing and still sound good today (imo). And who could forget Area 51 Recordings. And fucking Lenny Dee's Industrial Strength! 3 of my favorite labels from that genre.
industrial strength! you should check out dep affect's releases on that label, they're really great and he's really good looking

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I cant find anything online that sounds like the Limewax live set I heard, but it was not like his hard dnb, it was lots of straight 4x4 and at different speeds with not much bar like structure.

Producer can play incredibly varied, and although I don't like half of the music he plays from a DJ perspective he is amazing. Listening to his productions, its far from just straight hardcore what he does.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

willemb wrote:I cant find anything online that sounds like the Limewax live set I heard, but it was not like his hard dnb, it was lots of straight 4x4 and at different speeds with not much bar like structure.

Producer can play incredibly varied, and although I don't like half of the music he plays from a DJ perspective he is amazing. Listening to his productions, its far from just straight hardcore what he does.

From what I know Limewax went to a gabba-like direction. Grew dreds n shit. I've not kept up with his movements anymore. I know his mentor from the dnb scene was mega pissed at the direction he branched off into. I had a conversation with him last year, and he basically wrote him off as a cunt!

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I think I must have heard him do a live set at the point where he was beginning to switch n try different stuff...

Curious to know who his mentor was!? Maybe PM if you dont want to say out in public

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

How can someone be pissed off with someone just because they've decided to follow their own path? Seems a bit strange. I've never heard of this Limewax chap, but surely he's entitled to do his own thing?

simon_marklar
Pig

Post by simon_marklar »

Wiu wrote:
I recently saw hellfish. he was pretty good but not anything like doomcore, more like hardcore before they started throwing distortion and a fast beat over pitched up top 40s shit.

I've always liked Bloody Fist. and Mark N is a fucking master behind the decks

youtu.be/mqYNecUoJf0
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

willemb wrote:I think I must have heard him do a live set at the point where he was beginning to switch n try different stuff...

Curious to know who his mentor was!? Maybe PM if you dont want to say out in public
Dylan (Freak/Obscene Rec.) was Limewax's mentor as far as i know. Plus he learned a lot from Current Value.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Mono-xID wrote:
willemb wrote:I think I must have heard him do a live set at the point where he was beginning to switch n try different stuff...

Dylan (Freak/Obscene Rec.) was Limewax's mentor as far as i know. Plus he learned a lot from Current Value.

Someone decided to comeback for a little post...
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

simon_marklar wrote:
Wiu wrote:
I recently saw hellfish. he was pretty good but not anything like doomcore, more like hardcore before they started throwing distortion and a fast beat over pitched up top 40s shit.

I've always liked Bloody Fist. and Mark N is a fucking master behind the decks

youtu.be/mqYNecUoJf0
Great music & mixing in that vid. Enjoyed that!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB