Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno scene

General Chat // Music Discussion
decode
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
Re: Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno s

Post by decode »

Lost to the Void wrote:

How about this one, worst gig experiences I have ever had, have been in Lithuania (true).
Therefore because of my experience, all lithuanians are cheap, immoral, lying, cold, uncaring, dispassionate assholes.
Haha, yeah i know what you are talking about because these promoters are no longer here and times has changed. Btw, Steve, you were drunk as fuck that night.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

decode wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

How about this one, worst gig experiences I have ever had, have been in Lithuania (true).
Therefore because of my experience, all lithuanians are cheap, immoral, lying, cold, uncaring, dispassionate assholes.
Haha, yeah i know what you are talking about because these promoters are no longer here and times has changed. Btw, Steve, you were drunk as fuck that night.

how many DJ's or artists aren't drunk and/or high when playing/DJ'ing, just like the crowd they perform for.

so that is your only (and extremely) poor response to your very limited racist comments before ?

waw ! :roll:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

msl wrote:Here is Chomsky's latest comments on Greece. He states the obvious that its really about class warfare...

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2015/7 ... za_spain_s

I fucking love this guy !!
thank you so much for mentioning him.

inbetween picking cherries I've been watching about 15+ video's of this guy.
His best quote (in my opinion) : "one must have pessimism of the mind, but optimism of the will"
(not even his own words, but I'll fucking try to remember them every day I feel depressed by the way our world is ran)

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

msl wrote:Here is Chomsky's latest comments on Greece. He states the obvious that its really about class warfare...

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2015/7 ... za_spain_s

Good stuff.
mainst09 wrote: I mean i know some of you like Steve or Mattias have opinions about this kind of stuff but i just can't understand why this situation in greece or even the immigrants going to italy is not a topic of discussion between us eletronic music musicians.
Just saw this. Steve and Mattias the very opinionated opinionators.
Hades wrote:

how many DJ's or artists aren't drunk and/or high when playing/DJ'ing, just like the crowd they perform for.
I't's very rare that I'm drunk when I play, as a rule it only happens at a friends club ;)
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Hades wrote:
Wiu wrote:
I just want to know how it is that a bank/company can afford to lend out $18,540,448,667,000 in the fucking first place when there are literally people dying of starvation, homeless, in dire need of healthcare etc etc all across the world. I work so fucking hard for the shitty £7.50 an hour I earn and am going to be in serious trouble when the Bank of England raise the interest rates as I'll basically not be able to pay all my bills each month. I know that there are people far worse off than me both here in the UK and around the world, but it just makes me fucking sick that the distribution of wealth is so fucked up. And I guess the worse that distribution of wealth gets, the more countries debt is going to go up as they have to keep paying out more and more to low paid workers and stuff. How much worse can this get though? How fucked up do things have to get before something or a group of people just snap and refuse to tolerate the established rules and laws and start some kind of revolution? Democracy, despite its obvious advantages, has basically eradicated any kind of hope for any real change too. 1 persons vote means fuck all really. I honestly worry for the future.
eat drum machines Wiu ! ;)

no seriously, that's what I often wonder about as well : how fucking more rich do the rich really want to get ?
I mean, who is behind the curtain that has this kind of money and still wants more ?
:lol: :lol:

I'm always after tasty drum machines!
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

decode wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

Which night?
I don't drink at gigs (I can't drink or take drugs when I play live, it's just too difficult, and unprofessional in my opinion), certainly wouldn't have either of the times I was in Lithuania as neither of the promotors looked after me in anyway. I barely got given water.
I might have been incredibly tired though.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Hades wrote:how many DJ's or artists aren't drunk and/or high when playing/DJ'ing, just like the crowd they perform for.

Yeah your being paid to perform a job and be professional I try not to get drunk anymore unless its mates you play better when your not drunk anyways. I just have a few beers and pace it so if I start to get drunk its at the end of my set...

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

msl wrote:
Hades wrote:how many DJ's or artists aren't drunk and/or high when playing/DJ'ing, just like the crowd they perform for.

Yeah your being paid to perform a job and be professional I try not to get drunk anymore unless its mates you play better when your not drunk anyways. I just have a few beers and pace it so if I start to get drunk its at the end of my set...

well, that's pretty much what I tried to do when I was still in my active DJ years,
made sure I only got properly drunk after my set.
and whenever I played live, I was never drunk.

but yeah, I do remember some nights I just miscalculated how much I had drank during my set, especially if they were longer sets, so I was completely drunk by the end of my set.

there's always the good intentions, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions... (or at least that's Dutch expression, not sure if they also say that in English) :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:
mainst09 wrote: I mean i know some of you like Steve or Mattias have opinions about this kind of stuff but i just can't understand why this situation in greece or even the immigrants going to italy is not a topic of discussion between us eletronic music musicians.
Just saw this. Steve and Mattias the very opinionated opinionators.

yeah, everybody knows people like me never have an opinion about anything,
and if I do happen to have one, I most certianly keep it to myself, the quiet natured person that I am...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

The only professional gig I`ve ever had where I`ve gotten drunk, apart from my recent birthday gig with friends in spain, has been in poland.
And that was once, everyone was trying to buy me a drink, like everyone... And the polish party harder than anyone on earth, they celebrate life with furious intensity, which rocks....
anyhow, after while I started feeling like a bit of an ass turning everyone down, so I took one drink with someone, and that basically opened the floodgates because then people were taking offence because I already drank with someone, and the vodka flowed....... I was absolutely battered, and it takes a lot to get me drunk, I have a high alcohol tolerance.
It was a great gig, I held it together, once I`d played and the adrenaline wore off though, I was a mess.
Even worse I had to literally go straight from the gig to the airport.
Security laughed at me and waived me through without searching me as I just stood there with my arms out, probably looking like a truly doomed specimen.
So that was the one and only time I got truly waisted for a paid gig.

I really don`t like being drunk so I avoid it regardless of gigs or not, and I won`t take "other" with people I don`t know.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote: looking like a truly doomed specimen.
ah but this we all are ! :lol: :lol:

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Hades wrote:but yeah, I do remember some nights I just miscalculated how much I had drank during my set, especially if they were longer sets, so I was completely drunk by the end of my set.

there's always the good intentions, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions... (or at least that's Dutch expression, not sure if they also say that in English) :)

Of course that happens sometimes too :D but less and less for me these days.

The road to hell is paved with free drinks!

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

helloitsmeagain
athlete

Post by helloitsmeagain »

if you are thinking to read any articles about this, then make it this one: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-0 ... ic-hit-men
Because of ACiD, i now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullshit. - Mitch Hedberg

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

msl wrote:Pretty heavy and somber reading. This is the everyday reality...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-int ... iew#item-1
I just finished reading all 100 testimonials this morning.

not exactly happy reading indeed... (but nonetheless many thx for that link !!)
suicide rates going up by 45%, children death going up by approx 40%,...

I can highly advise others here to read at least 30% of that stuff, no better way to inform yourself of the current situation in ALL of Greece,
cause though I'll admit I visit Greece often, I haven't seen the non-coast region (or any real big city like Athens) in 10+ years,
so it's impossible for me to completely guess what's going on in those regions...
plus you will see that many Greek are blaming their own government (or people !!) just as well as they are blaming the banks or EU.

but yeah, if you do have a heart or soul,
then you read at least some part of that link,

if not, ok, the weather's great so you can just enjoy the sun and act as if you don't care, but then stop whining about the Greek being lazy !! seriously !!

oh yeah, just another thought that I read from our well-informed mr decode "they are lazy and just want to stay at home", I think that was what he said.
then why are are all the young just jumping at the occasion to leave the country ?
More than 200.000 already left the country since the crisis began, to work fucking hard to support their whole families at home...

ever tried working in a foreign country for weeks/months or years ?
I did 3x, in different countries, and you can make the best of it, but it sure isn't exactly fun, and the days you feel like shit there aren't many people around (like your friends at home) to make you feel better.
But then again, I shouldn't be talking, there are lots of us at subsekt who live abroad 100%...

anyways, for those of us who want : show some support :

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_ ... bb&v=61449

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

helloitsmeagain wrote:if you are thinking to read any articles about this, then make it this one: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-0 ... ic-hit-men
will do so asap, thx for the link,

btw Renato, your sarcasm is pretty damn good,
I wasn't the only one not seeing through it,
plus you just mentioned your are 25% lobotomized* somewhere else on this forum :P

*Dutch

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Sure, that's part of the game: convince people that they're wrong, that they're inferior. The corporatocracy is incredibly good at that, whether it is back during the Vietnam War, convincing the world that the North Vietnamese were evil; today it's the Muslims. It's a policy of them versus us: We are good. We are right. We do everything right. You're wrong. And in this case, all of this energy has been directed at the Greek people to say "you're lazy; you didn't do the right thing; you didn't follow the right policies," when in actuality, an awful lot of the blame needs to be laid on the financial community that encouraged Greece to go down this route. And I would say that we have something very similar going on in the United States, where people here are being led to believe that because their house is being foreclosed that they were stupid, that they bought the wrong houses; they overspent themselves.

The fact of the matter is their bankers told them to do this, and around the world, we've come to trust bankers - or we used to. In the United States, we never believed that a banker would tell us to buy a $500,000 house if in fact we could really only afford a $300,000 house. We thought it was in the bank's interest not to foreclose. But that changed a few years ago, and bankers told people who they knew could only afford a $300,000 house to buy a $500,000 house
there's this saying :

"when you're an amateur, you rob a bank,
when you're a professional, you start a bank !"

so sad, but oh so true... :|

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

helloitsmeagain wrote:if you are thinking to read any articles about this, then make it this one: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-0 ... ic-hit-men
great article !
but the only mistakes he makes (in my humble opinion) is about Iceland,

have a read on some of the articles an Icelandic economist says about what was (and still is) going on there...
things honestly aren't "going well" in Iceland, au contraire...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

decode wrote:Sorry, but most of you are wrong. I'm from the baltics and we too had recesion and economic crisis. It started at the same time like in greece, but got over it long time ago. At the begining we started drastically cuting public spending, pensions and so on. It was hard and very unpopular, but it's over and we allready forgot that. Greeks wanted to stay the same and this is the end result. I'm not racist, but greeks are lazy workers and tax evation is their's as someone said "national sport". We people from the north are hard working, because historicaly its harder to survive here. They think that they are western country, but in reality their are albania with olive trees. Greece pensions system is absurd and was based on loan money.
better informed person wrote:what about the scenario all over the world where politicians (owned by banksters) spend the country into oblivion. Jacking up national debt over the objections of the voters? I doubt you voted for free shit but the day will come when the world has our ass under the microscope and starts questioning our choices. Its already started in the background. The west is a bunch of debt junkies. I'm not. You are not. The politicians are.

It is a stage managed charade.

The media points out how "those deadbeats" (insert country name here) are living beyond their means. The rest of the world is invited to look upon the deadbeats with a judgmental eye. Eventually everyone who is not in the deadbeat crosshairs all agree, yes, those bums were sucking the tit. Let them suffer. Let them eat out of trash cans.

It is a giant bankster psyop design to give them moral cover to steal what is left and enslave the population into a global debtor prison. The fact that Greece, or Cyprus, or any other country, has traits that make them an easier target is what gets them to the front of the "fuck them first" list in the first place.

We have to snap to the fact Greece, like Cyprus, Ukraine, is ORCHESTRATED. It is a means to an end. One world gov, one world money, one world religion.

NWO delende est.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

What baffles me is all the talk of "repay the debt".
Historically, the countries who never paid back their debt came out winners. Just check Germany. They never paid back their debts.

I'm also not sure why there are so much talk about that Greece should let a big chunk of their GBP perfect rate (3-4%) cover for close to a century to come.
Best, proven method is probably to do what the German also did; Inflation, added tax to private property and depreciation.

Not the first nor the last time we'll see a country so close to the edge.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:What baffles me is all the talk of "repay the debt".
Historically, the countries who never paid back their debt came out winners. Just check Germany. They never paid back their debts.
just check how Greece forgave Germany their debts...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_ ... rnal_Debts
Mattias wrote: Not the first nor the last time we'll see a country so close to the edge.
I heard that when it is the Swedish' turn, they will all be manufacturing bumcode techno ! :D