how do you think techno will sound in the coming years?

General Chat // Music Discussion
juodas
Indirection
Re: how do you think techno will sound in the coming years?

Post by juodas »

Lost to the Void wrote:It pisses me off.
I always been wearing black and military from my industrial days. Bought my clothes at army surplus, still do. Cheap and durable.
Now all the shits are on it and I fit in for the first time, and they are the last fucks I wanna fit in with.
I fucking hate it.
I'll be so glad when that shit is out again.
Pretenders.

Goth for life innit.

Don't see a point, why you should hate people because of their dressing or world view, who gives a fuck? Everyone is different, it is what it is, and i don't think that leaving space for a hate in your brain does anything beneficial for you, it's just wasting your mental energy to the things you can't change.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

1stly, you are taking me way too seriously.

I'm not hating on anybody in particular, I hate fitting in, it's not what I do, my hate is a wide reaching and beautiful hate, as pure as sunshine, one mere mortals like you could never understand.

Hate is not a waste.
Far from it.
Hate is fuel.
Hate and anger are the tools to make art with.

Anger is an energy
Anger is an energy.
As Lydon said.

I would turn it back and say, if you have no ability for anger and hate and rage then you are dead inside, lacking of conviction, lacking of fire. Weak and defeated by life. All flight no fight.
Lacking the capacity for art. Art is about emotion.

I will love you like Buddha or hate you like Stalin, there is no time in this world for namby pamby non committal greyness.

Hate is wonderful.
Beautiful even.
It's also fun.

Hold the door open for someone, a stranger, out of politeness, they don't say thank you?
Tap them politely on the shoulder and say calmly and with a smile.
"I hope you die screaming in a car crash"

It will keep a smile on your face for hours.

Live a little.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Shift_24
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Shift_24 »

Just say that I heard last fabric mix (dvs1 one) and most of the tracks are bleep and bip bop sine sounds. Personally I don't want techno continue in this way xD

Have to say, though, that I'm discovering all birmingham/downwards/surgeon techno nowadays. But I think that kind of sound and groove isn't going to became popular again, and, therefore, release more music like that.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Shift_24 wrote:Just say that I heard last fabric mix (dvs1 one) and most of the tracks are bleep and bip bop sine sounds. Personally I don't want techno continue in this way xD
Thats just DVS1's style. Minimal, hypnotic and groovy.

That mix is packed full of groove. Cant compare it to the generic, 'dark' droney shite that has been slated in this thread.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Raster Noton will eat itself ..

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Shift_24 wrote:Just say that I heard last fabric mix (dvs1 one) and most of the tracks are bleep and bip bop sine sounds. Personally I don't want techno continue in this way xD
bip bop techno is good techno :x

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

jordanneke wrote:edit - Mono, you'll love this.

youtu.be/7hQ3O7sH8p0
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm speechless...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

About 3-4 months ago I started following a load of small label’s Facebook pages and ended up laughing at the sheer amount of black and white imagery of the usual stuff – abandoned buildings, power plants, electric pylons etc. I do actually like all that but when 50 or however many others are up to the same thing, it’s time to do something else. That said, I do like Mord and that preview track is OK.

Shift_24
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Shift_24 »

RWise wrote:

That mix is packed full of groove. Cant compare it to the generic, 'dark' droney shite that has been slated in this thread.
Yeah that's true, at least you can dance to it!

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Lost to the Void wrote:Lets not forget, although it might not be on their bandcamp
Porc Trax released stuff like this back in 2004
youtu.be/-WN7kB-hleM
https://www.discogs.com/Good-Livin-Feel ... er/1165545

actually this is alright :ugeek:
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

"#Techno #tacos #cats and #pizza" You got either this obnoxiousness or the generic vantablack trend going on here in the states everyone is following. I kind of see this bubble bursting for some people here soon. It will always have its proper place in the underground and for the people who truly love for the music. I think in the next few years techno will get a bit more melodic. Not exactly like trance but something similar. But hey, this is my take and from what i'm seeing in my own environment.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

I think there will always be people in the scene for the wrong reasons but there are true artists who keep pushing the boundaries as well. Take a look at Subsist's bandcamp for instance.

acesd619
Gnasher

Post by acesd619 »

Squill wrote:I think in the next few years techno will get a bit more melodic. Not exactly like trance but something similar. But hey, this is my take and from what i'm seeing in my own environment.
I can see it going more melodic although that is not something I would personally prefer at this point based on what I've heard. I would like to hear different scales, modes, accidental notes, odd rhythms, etc. It has to go beyond playing all the white keys if you catch my drift otherwise it is just similar to trance.

I'm admittedly torn on the trendy darkness though. I've always maintained a dark perspective of the world and it isn't something I'm proud of. I can appreciate a trendy dark techno song just as a drug dealer can appreciate a trendy gangsta rap song done by a rapper who doesn't really live that life. Do ya feel me?

It's a big world out there - so much going on with billions of people who don't give two shits about techno. I say let trendy dark techno run its course.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

acesd619 wrote:
Squill wrote: I say let trendy dark techno run its course.
It already has, releases like this are driving the nails in to the coffin.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

RWise wrote:

He used to play a LOT less bleeps and bloops though. He's still good but man it gets fucking old hearing bleep boop for hours on end. But I think he's someone that just plays the tools that are new and available right now so it's more of the producers faults for making all this bleep bloop shit.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

dubdub wrote:
RWise wrote:

He used to play a LOT less bleeps and bloops though. He's still good but man it gets fucking old hearing bleep boop for hours on end. But I think he's someone that just plays the tools that are new and available right now so it's more of the producers faults for making all this bleep bloop shit.
His fabric mix isnt a be all end all sound of his sets though. I saw him back in december and it definitely wasnt just bleeps and bloops. That fabric mix is definitely a bit more on the bleepy side but its a much more tooly mix of tracks that he wouldnt only play live.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

The last times I saw him were pretty bleepy but I haven't seen him in the last 6 months. But yeah, I didn't think the Fabric mix was that great, it lacked the energy from his live sets. I don't think his style translates very well to studio mixes.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

dubdub wrote:it lacked the energy from his live sets. I don't think his style translates very well to studio mixes.
I always noticed how his studio/recorded sets sounded lack luster but i realised its just the type of tracks he plays. Minimal track with very deep sub grooves and short, subby kick drums. Same with klocks sets as well.

Their track selection doesnt sound like much from studio sets but on a good sound system, it sounds huge.

It actually helped my DJing when it came to track digging. I used to dismiss some tracks i thought wouldnt hit hard enough on a system but now i understand the power of more minimal style tracks and the energy they can bring live.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Yeah. What really annoys me personally though is that there's a million DJs that have adopted a similiar style and it just doesn't work because they aren't on the same level technically. It's like, people, either you play on 3 decks and bring in a new track every 2 minutes or you try and find some music that can actually stand on it's own. You can't play linear tools where nothing happens and then have them run for 4 minutes on their own zzzZZZZzzzzz

Rodhad and Jeroen Search are also good at that style but there aren't many that can actually pull it off IMO.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Yeah it has to be balanced. When you listen to a klock, rodhad or search set, its not just full of minimal tools. theres always something to break it up a bit.

Ill admit, DVS1 is a bit full on in terms of his track selection. I remember i saw an all night set from him and at the peak, the only breakdown in tracks were nothing more than 8 bars - then boom, back into body shaking sub bass.

I dont think i could see another dvs1 set the next weekend after one, but when i need that hypnotic tool techno, hes my main man to see.