I Pads???

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
nervejammer
quasi-public
I Pads???

Post by nervejammer »

Ok fellow Meat Bags - are there any folks here using Ipads for sound design or track creation ??
I have just bought one and there seems to be some rather nice synths kicking around....
youtu.be/VN_q4lTzFbs

brian
slipper
Re: I Pads???

Post by brian »

nanostudio is great

Lokua
Onions
Re: I Pads???

Post by Lokua »

Not %100 on topic but relavent - I use an iPad running TouchOSC as my sole MIDI controller for Ableton. After years of carrying various keyboards, BCR2000, hardware etc. it is so nice to be able transit to the gig with just a laptop and iPad. I am not generating any sound with the iPad because really, I can do it all in Ableton. I have however set-up control pages on TouchOSC that are designed specifically for creating sounds and sequences on the fly. The pages are set up in a way that is much like a hardware set-up for live performance (drum machines, synths and bass patches, etc.) only um...I can have 25 pages of controls.

At first before I was used to it I was thinking, nah - no way is a touch screen going to replace the feeling of knobs but after some experience I don't think I'll ever go back. The one problem is that people at the show can't really see what I'm doing. Kind of sucks building an entire set (actually designing every sound from scratch as well) live and those not in the know think I'm DJing.