fancy woman
DRUMMER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER - MOOG

Post by Sustain »

what are your thoughts on this new machine from Moog???? I want it!! :o

Sorglos
Pig
Re: DRUMMER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER - MOOG

Post by Sorglos »

The instagramm story of Boysnoize showed Alex fiddling with it. The percussion drum sounds and noise really hit a nerve for me. I think I will buy it, as soon as I get my tax return. (and I don't have to wait a month for the delivery)

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

looks ok. most of the demos online leave me thinking...'yeah could just stick a kickdrum under that.' Not a bad thing. Could be a nice little Porc workstation either as an accompaniment to programmed beat or sample harvester.

Sustain
fancy woman

Post by Sustain »

I wanted to get an Erebus and then I saw the DFAM, different machines I know, I need to get some nice modulated bassline, both can achieve that but the DFAM can do more percussive sounds - and both fit my budget- pff life is difficult

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

This with Mother-32 would be great techno duo. Damn I want it now.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Sustain wrote:what are your thoughts on this new machine from Moog????
Expensive mono channel drum synth offering cut price Moog brand to people at vastly reduced functionality.
In short, meh....
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

naaah, waste of money.. and it's sounded cheesy to me in introduction video

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

I thought it sounded quite interesting, although limited. Overpriced though.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Brenda wrote:I thought it sounded quite interesting, although limited. Overpriced though.
I think it's depends from the person who has hands on it as well, I remembered Blawan interview, and he said, that ableton you can do too much, and you need to limit your self, since then he went on full gear, don't know, maybe in the future, if i can afford it, maybe i will buy it, however it would take a lot of space in my room :lol:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

juodas wrote:
Brenda wrote:I thought it sounded quite interesting, although limited. Overpriced though.
I think it's depends from the person who has hands on it as well, I remembered Blawan interview, and he said, that ableton you can do too much, and you need to limit your self, since then he went on full gear, don't know, maybe in the future, if i can afford it, maybe i will buy it, however it would take a lot of space in my room :lol:
The thing is, Blawan was making much better music with ableton than when he started stacking piles of hardware and making hard-plod (a new genre name I coined for this new hard 90s revival shite).
New Shit

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Lost to the Void wrote:
juodas wrote:
The thing is, Blawan was making much better music with ableton than when he started stacking piles of hardware and making hard-plod (a new genre name I coined for this new hard 90s revival shite).
Yeah, sounds like it, his new ep is coming up on may or whatsoever, however his track north sounds quite cheesy, but it is what is, shite is everywhere, however people like it :mrgreen: :twisted:

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

I think the DFAM sounds really good from all the videos i saw and i saw a lot of them, but the price made me start to build a little modular system, much cheaper and probably ill be more flexible in the end, now im really afraid of the eurocrack addiction...
WTF?!

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Sounds pretty decent...price is also pretty decent (high)....
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Lost to the Void wrote:
juodas wrote:
Hardware or not, most of the guys that used to make dubstep/post-dubstep/Uk funky/future garage around 2008-2011 became much less interesting when they went full 4/4 techno/house. Untold is another guy that was making next level dubstep stuff and then went towards kinda meh to decent techno. Cosmin TRG actually made some quite nice techno around 2011-2012 but then went full modular bloop in the last couple of years. There are some guys that are still doing interesting stuff like Shackleton or Dave Huisman but those are the guys that never really went full 4/4.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Can't agree more that's true, shackleton is amazing, never hear about dave, i'll give an try to listen some of his tunes

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

dubdub wrote:
Hardware or not, most of the guys that used to make dubstep/post-dubstep/Uk funky/future garage around 2008-2011 became much less interesting when they went full 4/4 techno/house. Untold is another guy that was making next level dubstep stuff and then went towards kinda meh to decent techno. Cosmin TRG actually made some quite nice techno around 2011-2012 but then went full modular bloop in the last couple of years. There are some guys that are still doing interesting stuff like Shackleton or Dave Huisman but those are the guys that never really went full 4/4.
Yeah untold was awesome.
New Shit

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Was at a jamsession last week with a DFAM present, controlled through an A4 and I have to say I was pretty impressed, some great noises coming out of it.
juodas wrote: Yeah, sounds like it, his new ep is coming up on may or whatsoever, however his track north sounds quite cheesy, but it is what is, shite is everywhere, however people like it :mrgreen: :twisted:
While I'm not really a fan of what his sound turned into, calling that track cheesy is stretching it a bit thin, do you perhaps have an extremely low tolerance for anything with a slight hint of fermentation? :P
how far do you want to go

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

vo0doo wrote:Was at a jamsession last week with a DFAM present, controlled through an A4 and I have to say I was pretty impressed, some great noises coming out of it.
juodas wrote: Yeah, sounds like it, his new ep is coming up on may or whatsoever, however his track north sounds quite cheesy, but it is what is, shite is everywhere, however people like it :mrgreen: :twisted:
While I'm not really a fan of what his sound turned into, calling that track cheesy is stretching it a bit thin, do you perhaps have an extremely low tolerance for anything with a slight hint of fermentation? :P
My vocabluary not really wise in music, however it's really hard to me to listen a full techno tracm atm, most of the time you know how iit ends and how it will sound on a drop, it's just doesn'tt hook me anymore, maybe on a drugs would be different talk, i bought, some shitty tunes from bandcamp when i was bumping speed quite a while and smoking few spliffs, however when you're sober it's just sounds boring, i think i need to attend to more gigs or something to refresh my mind set and ideas amd search for more tunes. Vertical spectrum, awb, and few more makes some decent techno, rabit hole by vertical it's just spacious! Cheesy for me it's just boring, it's lacks or suprise or whatsoever, sound design is good though, but it lacks something, or i lack of drugs :lol: :P

Sustain
fancy woman

Post by Sustain »

ok I see a lot of different opinions on the DFAM :geek:

I was not planning to use it as a drum machine but more to get interesting sounds out of it, I think it's a machine capable of making interesting quality rough sounds or not?

pricey? probably paying for the moog brand, but if it was 200 euro less? was then interesting to have? :ugeek:

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

The more videos I watch the more I'm interested in this machine. It's much more interesting than the Mother 32 (which sounds beautiful though).
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths