My first hardware synth...

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: My first hardware synth...

Post by Mono-xID »

Yeah, I mean... It's the same with my punk rock band. Rather than taking guitar lessons or practice day in day out to become a better guitar player, me and my band mates just crank up the amps, play some chords and go insane. WE feel better afterwards and that's some kind of relief rather than force me/ourself to follow a specific sound or artistic vision.
We had a gig at a squat last November. It was fucking amazing as there were lots of freaks and fuck-ups which went completely nuts. Plus it was the best fee I ever got (2 gramms of insane speed for each band member, 3 cases of beer, 3 Bottles of peppermint liquor, a pizza and 50 Euro each). Fuckin awesome...

Compared to my shady experiences with techno promoters I felt like we were the fuckin Mötley Crüe.

I just need to make noises somehow to blow off steam from the daily life routine. I would never call myself an "artist" and couldn't care less....
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

gtsm
fake

Post by gtsm »

Mono-xID wrote:To me, hardware totally crushed my output (plus the "quality" of my output). I suck more than ever to finish things and learn how to use the units takes even more time on top.

BUT it brought back the fun to my hobby. I was sick of fiddling around with automation lanes and editing stuff. DAW work just bored the fuck out of me. Nowadays, I rather crack a bottle of brew, fire up the machines and jam around for two hours and fuck off than push the mouse around and come up with "your next generic techno stomper wich the world don't need".

Tweaking knobs on a synth/drum box just makes me happy and is to me what the daily work out is for others.
This. The same happened when I got myself a nice midi keyboard/controller. It didn't immediately improve my sound but it made the process more enjoyable which, in turn, made me want to put in more hours in honing the skill. The same should be true for synths I guess.

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Mono-xID wrote:Yeah, I mean... It's the same with my punk rock band. Rather than taking guitar lessons or practice day in day out to become a better guitar player, me and my band mates just crank up the amps, play some chords and go insane. WE feel better afterwards and that's some kind of relief rather than force me/ourself to follow a specific sound or artistic vision.
We had a gig at a squat last November. It was fucking amazing as there were lots of freaks and fuck-ups which went completely nuts. Plus it was the best fee I ever got (2 gramms of insane speed for each band member, 3 cases of beer, 3 Bottles of peppermint liquor, a pizza and 50 Euro each). Fuckin awesome...

Compared to my shady experiences with techno promoters I felt like we were the fuckin Mötley Crüe.

I just need to make noises somehow to blow off steam from the daily life routine. I would never call myself an "artist" and couldn't care less....
I'm trying to get a punk / industrial kind of thing going, and I can't keep everybody out of jail long enough to get it started. I miss having a band. Can't wait to get it going.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659