Problem with midi controller

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
0dd
Get in the back of the van
Problem with midi controller

Post by 0dd »

Recently bought novation launchkey25, and I'm loving it but I have a problem with recording automation. Namely the controller has a button (inkontrol) that switches between knobs controling your mapped device parameters or certain dedicated ableton parameters, and when I hit record to arrangement it only receives commands for the dedicated parameter. My own mapped controlls only get recorded into clips in the clip view. Can anyone please explain wtf is that? Hope you get my point. Cheers!
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

nomadjames
mummy!!
Re: Problem with midi controller

Post by nomadjames »

Is every thing armed correctly and is the automation record thingymobobby selected in Ableton. This is some thing that is beyond my ability to recall from memory, sorry.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Yes and yes. It's really anoying since jamming was the point of buying it and this really bugs me
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

you sure you have used all the arm buttons in ableton? theres one next to the bpm counter that you have to hit aswell

0dd

Post by 0dd »

The record automation arm? Yea, both that and the track is also armed. Found a trick that might work, gonna try it when I get back from work. Fucking whole day shift...

0dd

Post by 0dd »

I managed to overwrite the mappings so I could work around the problem. Thread can be deleted or whatever.

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Don't want to start a new thread, my question fits in here.

When using a launchpad you have a colored recktangle thin line around that clip section in ableton live. It helps for orientation, to see what clips and tracks you're controlling. But i only have this with launchpad, not with launchcontrol xl (another controller with faders and stuff).. Any chance to have this recktangle with other controllers than launchpad? Or will this never happen because live will only show that rectangle for only one controller at a time?

Edit (5 mins later): ok, just forget what i wrote, just found myself was being too confused. Launchcontrol is clearly about controling tracks, not clips. Therefore there is no orientation in that clip section. Launchcontrol uses track select, so controlled tracks appear highlighted. Simple as that. Doh'
:geek: