MOOG Drummer From Another Mother...

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
tsaro
Lifer
Re: MOOG Drummer From Another Mother...

Post by tsaro »

Not sure where all the hate for the DFAm is coming from here, it's a cool little machine. And it's perfectly possible to do a complete set with them, though you'd need more than 3 to make that work probably(and an external sequencer). Semi-regularly fucking around with one from a mate and if you don't patch it the noise is a bit overwhelming/on the nose at times only when you start modulating some stuff it can get really interesting.

You can do kicks, hats and all kinds of crazy percussion and bleeps with it, also not that hard to get a nice evolving scratchy pads/atmos going. And then you can also use the step sequencer at high speed to use it almost as some sort of additive oscillator, I imagine if you can link that to another DFAMs ext input you will have more than enough flexibility to build a full set.
how far do you want to go

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I wouldn't call it hate but obviously Moog bashing can be found on every forum with gear discussion.

People like to moan on everywhere on the interweb. Human nature and shit....no biggie....
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Same as I don't tell the younguns to stop making those darn EDM beats on my lawn with their ipods, it's just a bit hard for me to grasp why anyone should have a problem with me just sitting on my Moog couch, gently tweaking the cutoff of my Sub37 in a totally non-sexual manner. I know it's human nature to be against things that are popular to look cool and shit, but it just makes me sad that it has to be my favourite synth/lifestyle/interior designer brand that they're making fun of.

And to be honest I actually made up the part of having a Sub37 to tweak, it's really just a picture.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

People can bitch about everything they want. It won't affect my life in the slightest way. The older I get the more I realize that life is to short to constantly debating and arguing with narrow minded people, especially about something like synths.

I mean, EVEN IF people just tweak cutoff's on a sunny Sunday afternoon on their Moog's....why should I care? If it makes them happy...fine. Others go fishing...
Is it even the synth's or manufacturer's fault? I still think the ppl at Moog trying to provide instruments instead of hip lifestyle interiors for your Berlin-Mitte flat. Hence I say dubdub's (as much as I like the dude ;) comment is bullshit.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Yeah that might have been a little too cryptic, trying to do that kind of thing clearly and concisely while slightly under the influence isn't exactly something I excel at but in the moment it always seems like a good idea :lol: Loosely translated: I get what the anti-moog crowd are saying to some extent, but you're just as well jumping on another bandwagon there. Wake up sheeple

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Shit, I want a Sub 37, a Harley, and a Neutron.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

nomadjames wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:17 pm
Shit, I want a Sub 37, a Harley, and a Neutron.
And cross modulate it so the brake closes the filter and gas adds resonance :lol:
Hmmmm maybe the gears could change waveforms?
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Kind of tangent, but most of the guys I know who had sub37s sold them as there are various issued with them. They don`t sync too reliably for one thing.

I think if you genuinely want a real "moog experience" these days, that will match up to your expectations of what a Moog mythically should be, and not pieces of a moog like the mother 32 etc, then a Minimoog Voyager is the way to go.

They have enough modern features for those who want to push forwards a bit, with the wet bubbly moog sound (with enough oscillators to actually achieve it).

A laughable 3 grand, but it`s a nice synth.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

deckaUK
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by deckaUK »

Personally love this thing. Its one voice, sure, but it sounds reaaally good and I love the simplicity of it. Really makes you get creative with it with the limitations. The patchbay is really then an extension, for the people wanting to then use the 'advance' side to the DFAM. Saying that, I do wish it had MIDI. Luckily I own a beatstep pro, but MIDI would have rounded it off.

317djshiva
fancy woman

Post by 317djshiva »

DFAM is a fucking techno machine. Best money I ever spent. Just sitting and noodling for 10 minutes provides me with oodles of insane tweaked out techno bonks and swizzles.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

317djshiva wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:23 am
DFAM is a fucking techno machine. Best money I ever spent. Just sitting and noodling for 10 minutes provides me with oodles of insane tweaked out techno bonks and swizzles.
I'm sold on it. A guy at work has a mate that runs a music shop so I'm trying to get one at cost.

Good to see you back here. It's been a while!
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

deckaUK
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by deckaUK »

317djshiva wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:23 am
hell yeah!