Secret sauces

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Secret sauces

Post by msl »

Just wanted to bring peoples attention to the Kush Transformers, these plugins have serious mojo, for very little outlay. I'm getting incredible results with decent amounts (30-50%) on key elements in my tracks, synths, keys and bass esp, also vocals. Check them out, they take a bit of playing around with... just slapping it on a track boosts the volume way too much, so you think it sounds better, but when used more subtly and volume matched you can hear some great tone coming out. They make shit sound like a record.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

kirkwoodwest
quasi-public
Re: Secret sauces

Post by kirkwoodwest »

I wanted to buy these but i'm sure i passed on these since i've got soundtoys decapitator, klangheim sdrr, u-he satin and some other things like this.
Like you said, Subtle is key on these and using them on multiple channels vs just a buss. I like to boost at first to find the color and then back off.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest/

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Great call, been looking for some juice for the send/returns.

which one would you recommend?

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

I got the Omega 458a about a month ago and have been using it a lot. It adds serious tone. It's quite nice as well as it brightens things up a bit, I tend to mix quite dark so it brings a nice presence to things, haven't tried the other two.

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

Well priced too. Quite like the idea of the Omega 458a

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I bought both A and N. They are the typical Neve and Api variants... so A is brighter, better on drums, N is darker better on everything else basically.

Going to get the Omega next since I like them so much.
Alume wrote:Great call, been looking for some juice for the send/returns.

which one would you recommend?

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Southpaw
quasi-public

Post by Southpaw »

Those look interesting, will be checking them out. Any thoughts on the other plugins on there? Been using Fielding DSP Reviver recently and I quite like that, esp in serial mode where it adds 2nd order harmonics which seems to add a colouration I quite like as well as some transient softening in a tube/tape-ish kinda way, then 3rd order hamonics are added after this which can be really noticeable and adds significant body to certain sounds. Easy to overcook it though.
Deep House & Dub Techno Samples https://www.abitdeeper.com/

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

These look really nice, but I have a severe aversion to iLok (even just the app). Any decent alternatives?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

There is a lot.
http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/preamped/

Invalve preamp is nice too
https://shop.audified.com/products/invalve-plugins

Softamp 30d is a great triode preamp. You can select the capacitors, triode model and plate voltage.
http://www.soft-amp.com/audio-fx

This is excellent
http://www.mellowmuse.com/SATV.html
Transformer mode hits the spot.

Some transformers here too
http://ursplugins.com/ursSat64.php

Also variety of sound tessla plugs are transformer emulation
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Excellent, cheers. I'll definitely look into these.

pskept
Unfriended

Post by pskept »

td3l wrote:These look really nice, but I have a severe aversion to iLok (even just the app). Any decent alternatives?
i was totally interested and nearly clicking buy until i noticed that.

i appreciate the alternative suggestions @Lost to the Void

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

There is no ilok guys, and I wouldn't suggest them if they were! The app is harmless and free.

pskept wrote:
td3l wrote:These look really nice, but I have a severe aversion to iLok (even just the app). Any decent alternatives?
i was totally interested and nearly clicking buy until i noticed that.

i appreciate the alternative suggestions @Lost to the Void

arkos

Post by arkos »

msl wrote:There is no ilok guys, and I wouldn't suggest them if they were! The app is harmless and free.
I'll second that, been using it for well over a year now and there has only been 1 fuck up from them as far as I have noticed.

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

Just gave Omega N and A a try. Pretty good stuff thanks for the recommendation :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Check the view count to this thread!

Reckon folk are googling for food related stuff. Hi :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

arkos

Post by arkos »

Críoch wrote:Check the view count to this thread!

Reckon folk are googling for food related stuff. Hi :)
Hehe :lol: Secrete sauce for audio is the best tasting sauce there is :o

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

msl wrote:There is no ilok guys, and I wouldn't suggest them if they were! The app is harmless and free.
iLok license manager is still iLok nonsense. Why should I need to run 3rd party software in order to authorize and run something I've purchased? I'll just buy something else.

arkos

Post by arkos »

td3l wrote:
iLok license manager is still iLok nonsense. Why should I need to run 3rd party software in order to authorize and run something I've purchased? I'll just buy something else.
The sad part is a lot of the good stuff uses that and I was in the same boat as you until I discovered Softube, hell I'd even buy an iFok'd just to use their plugins. The iLoK manager is no trouble at all really.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

arkos wrote:
td3l wrote:
The sad part is a lot of the good stuff uses that and I was in the same boat as you until I discovered Softube, hell I'd even buy an iFok'd just to use their plugins. The iLoK manager is no trouble at all really.
I fully concede that I am being super anal about it. I just have some OCD tendencies towards unnecessary software clutter as well as some philosophical opinions about unnecessary DRM.

arkos

Post by arkos »

td3l wrote:

I fully concede that I am being super anal about it. I just have some OCD tendencies towards unnecessary software clutter as well as some philosophical opinions about unnecessary DRM.

I understand your view completely and will from now on stop the attempted brainwash :mrgreen: