Bit of fun and creativity on sound design.

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard
Bit of fun and creativity on sound design.

Post by calum666 »

Hi all,

I was reading the Subsekt 2020 post in the dialog section and I would like to engage a bit more on the forum, more than I have done anyway. I do read through a lot of the content, I feel I don't have much to add but I will defo try work on that and contribute more.

I thought of a little challenge for the group to try get the quieter people engaging more.

The challenge is to design a unique sound in Ableton using stock plugin's. It can be any kind of sound (bass, lead, pad, texture, drums, arp's) anything you like. You can choose from any Ableton synths, samplers or even design a full drum kit using drum rack. You can add as many effects as you like. Try get as creative as possible and come up with some unique sounds. Bonus points for good use of macros.

You can even make a little video demo of your creation if you like and upload the file for others to download, use, edit or whatever.

I'm going to give it a go tonight anyway.

Hope to see some of you join in :)

2latuile
hmmmmmm...
Re: Bit of fun and creativity on sound design.

Post by 2latuile »

I'm afraid I'll have to pass - I'm not using ableton...
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

mindstuff
hmmmmmm...

Post by mindstuff »

I make unique sound in Ableton on every track I make so don't know why a challenge is necessary...if its to bring people out of the shadows and make them comment head over to member tracks and start contributing!

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

I'm afraid you're discriminating against us minority users you heartless person - out and proud cubase user here.

Nah, but seriously, I think the best way to get this going is for you to get the ball rolling and make a little vid for us all. I'd be interested to watch and pick up a few ideas.

What video capture software do you use?