80ies/90ies pads

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
SHIDZO
pregnant
Re: 80ies/90ies pads

Post by SHIDZO »

Hades wrote:
SHIDZO wrote: Any chance you live in Berlin? Simple and good motto. Genuine people would appreciate that.
Every day I wish I cross path with a stranger who could become my mentor. Catch up, kill beers, jam and learn. One day... ;)

I would be pleased if I could get the pack exactly for the fact of seeing how the sounds are built. Message is coming. I guess you made everything with Ableton stock plug ins and instruments? I try and become a master of Ableton before I get other plug ins. You know, all the gear and no idea...

Thanks man :)
nah man, I used to live and work in boring Mainz for 2,5 years,
but that was already like 15 years ago by now
(and I sure don't miss it, what a shitty city that was, 20.000 students and yet after like 23:00, the streets were almost dead!!
At the time, I lived in a city with 30.000 students and it had (and still has) a massive nightlife :) )

yes, all the presets are made with only Analog and Ableton's stock plugins
(with Live 7 at the time I think, so you might be seeing that "upgrade" button on some of the FX :D ).
Quite a few years ago, I decided I wanted to use only one synth and program as many patches from scratch as I could.
Limit your options and just learn the shit.
So in a few months time I made a few hundreds of presets for Analog,
and then made some more for Operator,
and while I was selling some of the HW synths I wasn't using enough, I sampled some of those,
and afterwards ended up making some more presets for simpler.

tbh, I don't think it should be hard to find someone who can give you some sound design teaching when you live in Berlin.
Just beware that a LOT of all the classes/lessons/tutorials that are out there are always from people that are just there to get your money.
I tried quite a few, bought some books, even went for a week of personal training with one of the first official Ableton trainers in London
(must be almost 9 years ago now, can't believe how time flies). Honestly didn't even learn a lot there.
The only thing that really counts, is putting in the hours.
The seat I'm sitting on has the top so trashed that I have to put a towel on top or else the filling will come through and irritate my legs.
The main controller (synth) that I use has the paint coming off from the places where I put my hands on the most.
Just put in the hours.
Good lessons are very few and very far between, and if you do find them, they will surely help you,
but nothing beats putting in the hours.
Mainz? Why? I reckon they have like 2-3 days a year of fun and that’s during KARNEVAL… I have never been there and never intend to go. I was born in the south, classic German village dude…
From where you go to school, go studying, get a great job, earn heaps, build a house, marry, 2 kids, dog and a car that is bigger than the one of your neighbour. No, thanks…

Reading that really gives me confidence in what I’m doing  I like the 90’s style music and I don’t think they had all the massive gear we can have these days with the VST’s – easy does it.

I’m even using this Tinder style app for musicians and had no luck so far. Not really going out at the moment either because I’m rather at home jamming. If I would go for lessons then I would only be interested in 1 on 1 and more on a friendship base rather than business only. Doesn’t matter if I would still pay the dude. That gives me an idea of a thread on this forum  Really wise words, honestly, I’m so glad I came here