Commercial Techno releases and clipping

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
tsaro
Lifer
Re: Commercial Techno releases and clipping

Post by tsaro »

nacorcb wrote:This is still a problem because I guess that if you master a track in Live 9 aiming to 0 dBFS it will sound quieter than the same track mastered in Cubase or any other DAW that has a proper meter reading.

That doesn't matter all that much, since you can just turn up the gain after you export it.

Have to say I though it was a bit bewildering when I saw someone pushing everything into the red when working with ableton a while ago, it does look kind of ridiculous. And something that the devs could fix in a couple of minutes, if they really wanted.
how far do you want to go

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

It's a reference point, there really isn't any right or wrong. With a true peak meter live is the same as cubase etc. At least in raw sine tests.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

Mattias wrote: Always use non-DAW based meters if you want or are in need of accurate numbers. This is another good reason to never be in too-hot-signal territory.
It's a shame that DAWs can't seem to properly do something that feels so basic.

I'm gonna keep my levels cool as cucumbers and give this free Youlean meter a crack - https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/

nacorcb
Face Hugger

Post by nacorcb »

Taking into account that the original thread title can be a bit misleading because I now know the problem is not in how commercial tracks are mastered but in Live 9 metering, dont you think I should open a new thread regarding Live 9 metering issues and close this one?