Now we can all sound like Ben Klock....

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Mattias
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Now we can all sound like Ben Klock....

Post by Mattias »

Here I thought we make music because we're creative beings that carves to create and not work like robots in a filthy factory.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

...while all you need is a friend with a blue Moog and no internet !

hah ! who would have thought ??!! :lol:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Bradley1602 wrote:Good morning,

Hm yes i guess the creativity output thing sounds quite like greedyness for money, fame and power.
I think the product counts.
Because at the end of the day, personally that is it what will make me happy. Having an outcome that I am satisfied with. If i made it creatively or not, I don't care.

If it satisfies my will to make the music I love, i do care.

Creativity may be there or not I am just not wasting a single thought about it.
The only thing that counts is getting your desired result and if that works by using vengeance loops, I am totally on your side.

In the past i overthought everything just to learn painfully that everything already lies on the table and the table is already cramped up with stuff, no need for me to further put things on it. Instead grab the things that lie on it abd create something.

And I absolutely don't agree you have to do do something with samples everybody uses. It's not about layering stuff or processing but about simple essential techniques and formulas that define your preferred style of music.
So, are you one of those guys that sucks out others blood in terms of hints and advice and once you've "made it" take a piss at them?

You do a great job at writing shit along these lines, mate.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Lost to the Void wrote:"I just want to be famous, I don't care how I get there"

Paris Whoreton, Kim Kuntdashian etc etc
Gilbert and George have also gone on record that they don't care much for the process

sinesnsnares
Pig

Post by sinesnsnares »

every once in a while when i get really frustrated with my own productions I start up a blank project and call it something like "cheap fix," "hands up," "much more way more louder," and I try and make tracks just out of loops from various sample packs. It's depressingly easy to come up with a passable dj tool that way, though it leaves you feeling cheapn dirty.

I don't think there's anything actually criminal about that, if all you want to do with production is make generic tunes to play in your sets and don't act like you're some production wizard. It only gets shady when you start misrepresenting things, or straight stealing other people's tracks.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

You need a power shower, you dirty bitch! So grimey. Domestos will sort you out ..