jbl lsr308

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
terly
arsehole
jbl lsr308

Post by terly »

Anyone have any experience with these? I am in pretty desperate need of new speakers as mine are distorting at low volumes and buzzing loudly. I am trying to find something self-powered, relatively accurate, and not too expensive.

TvSkY
Paul Gadd
Re: jbl lsr308

Post by TvSkY »

they are good for the price. I had a pair of LSR2328P (still do in boxes....) and they were pretty good too. I upgraded to a much more expensive set but again for the price I did some good work on the LSRs. the 308s are little better in the top end with the upgraded waveguide tweeter

only thing is how big is your room and if its on the small side you might to do better with the 305s and add a sub latter if you need it.

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

I'm using 8" monitors now and I want them to go below 40hz. Had a separate sub before but not really interested in a setup like that again.

slowpilgrim
broke

Post by slowpilgrim »

Have LSR305s, very decent for the money and definitely preferable to Rokit 5's and the like. If you can afford it, you're better off spending more and getting something you could happily work with for the rest of your life:

http://subsekt.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8314&start=40

You will be upgrading from the JBLs eventually.

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

I'm well aware of the limitations of cheaper monitors, but I truly can't even afford these right now. I thought about getting something from Focal, but their lowest end products are still significantly more than these, and I somehow doubt they'd be much better. I was also thinking about maybe KH120s, but again they are way out of my price range right now.